X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice101
    replied
    Re: Should Toy Story Mania get Fastpasses?

Originally posted by Awesome View Post
    I don't understand.
    Why? You say that, but don't really reinforce your point. What problems am I creating?
    And what solutions would getting rid of fastpasses bring?
    What do you really dislike about fastpasses?
    I don't get how it makes the line "longer"

In fact, forget the queue, don't even look at it.
    Instead look at the boarding.
    When you see guests getting on Big Thunder, Space, or Splash... aren't they getting into the ride a continuously flowing rate?
    The only reason it makes the queue longer is because it creates two lines.
    If you get rid of fastpass, all those fastpassers will have to get into the regular queue, making the queue line longer in the end.
    *Sigh*

So, when you get a Fastpass you are virtually waiting in line for a ride. So while you are virtually waiting in one line, you are off in another line making both lines longer.

Not to mention the fact that virtually waiting and waiting are two different things. Fastpasses mean that CM's have to stop the line to keep the line beyond that point under 10 minutes. By doing this it drastically lows down the line.

I would be okay with Fastpasses if they reduced them down to Space, Indy, and Splash, and then cut the amount of Fastpasses they give out by 30-50% that way there are less fastpasses given out and less people waiting in two lines.

The queue beyond the Fastpass collection point is what the entire line should be like. Fastpasses should have a slow drip into a line instead of a wave.

Plus, ever heard of a thing called patience?

Leave a comment:

• Babs09
    replied

I don't understand.
    Why? You say that, but don't really reinforce your point. What problems am I creating?

When you see guests getting on Big Thunder, Space, or Splash... aren't they getting into the ride a continuously flowing rate?
    If you get rid of fastpass, all those fastpassers will have to get into the regular queue, making the queue line longer in the end.
    Thats what I was saying.

~babs

Leave a comment:

• Awesome
    replied

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
    This is exactly why Disneyland needs to reduce the number of Fastpasses immediately!
    I don't understand.

Leave a comment:

• Ice101
    replied

Just to point out, the queue reached a wait time of around 70 minutes over Thanksgiving break. All lines were incredibly long that day, but come on, 70 minutes? You don't think that says "Hey maybe we should throw a fast pass in here"
    Yes, that will make the queue longer. But why wait in a queue when there is a fastpass for a ride.
    Especially for rides like Big Thunder on the days where the queue is 30 min, and fastpass return is an hour and a half. Yes, 30 min isn't a long wait at all. But why wait 30 min in a line when you could be enjoying a show at the Golden Horseshoe while you wait?
    This is exactly why Disneyland needs to reduce the number of Fastpasses immediately!

Leave a comment:

• Awesome
    replied

Just to point out, the queue reached a wait time of around 70 minutes over Thanksgiving break. All lines were incredibly long that day, but come on, 70 minutes? You don't think that says "Hey maybe we should throw a fast pass in here"
    Yes, that will make the queue longer. But why wait in a queue when there is a fastpass for a ride.
    Especially for rides like Big Thunder on the days where the queue is 30 min, and fastpass return is an hour and a half. Yes, 30 min isn't a long wait at all. But why wait 30 min in a line when you could be enjoying a show at the Golden Horseshoe while you wait?

Leave a comment:

• whamo
    replied

The best way to hit that ride is when the park opens.

Leave a comment:

• ChessurInWonderland
    replied

Originally posted by Babs09 View Post
    Well I know the Drive in is seperate I meant Flos is like a drive in for cars who come and drink gas.

Yeah but I also remember in the movie Doc had some sort of room to help cars.
    Oh, yeah, he also had the courthouse, and he would go on something that lifted him up that was like the lifts they had at mechanics. I wonder how much of the buildings from the movie they'll include? That would be cool if it was done somewhat like Toontown, where you can explore all the different buildings.

Leave a comment:

• MonstersGoBoo!
    replied

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I don't think I've seen it over an hour since the week it opened. I have seen it 20 minutes many more times then I have seen it over an hour. Usually it's in the 35-40 minute range, which is still way longer then I'm willing to wait.
    It's been more of the range of what you said, but still it's doing a lot better than everyone thought it would. I was trying to say that just because we expect things to die down in a couple years OTHER things are most likely going to keep the lines just as long as they are.

Leave a comment:

• DLFreak71
    replied

Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    I would prefer it had fastpass, particulalry since the queue is rather dull.

However, there needs to be a balance. You can't have fastpass on everything. Toy Story as is, sucks up some of the people waiting for their Screamin or Soarin fastpasses to become available.

I would support adding fastpass to Toy Story if they removed it from one of those other two attractions.
    I'll give you that.
    The queue line could def use some imagination in it.

Leave a comment:

• Babs09
    replied

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    Actually, I thought the drive-in was going to be seperate from Flo's V8 Cafe from the movie. And in the movie, Doc's "house" was just a garage with his old trophies and awards.
    Well I know the Drive in is seperate I meant Flos is like a drive in for cars who come and drink gas.

Yeah but I also remember in the movie Doc had some sort of room to help cars.

Leave a comment:

• ChessurInWonderland
    replied

Ok thanks

Yeah I was going to say I dont remember reading about those being rides. Ive seen the movies. Flos= Drive in, MAter= Junk Yard, Ramone= Body Shop, Doc=Doctors, Sergant whatever= General, ( That one girl )= Cozy Cone.... Etc.

~babs
    Actually, I thought the drive-in was going to be seperate from Flo's V8 Cafe from the movie. And in the movie, Doc's "house" was just a garage with his old trophies and awards.

Leave a comment:

• Babs09
    replied

Ok thanks

Yeah I was going to say I dont remember reading about those being rides. Ive seen the movies. Flos= Drive in, MAter= Junk Yard, Ramone= Body Shop, Doc=Doctors, Sergant whatever= General, ( That one girl )= Cozy Cone.... Etc.

~babs

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    replied

Maybe FP arent a good idea now...

OT:

Ok im lost....

Can you explain what ramones, firehouse, and courhouse are going to be. I didnt know they were rides.

I only thought there was going to be the Test Track Type one and Lugis.

~babs
    I was talking about where they were going to put the Fastpass distribution for the Racers ride, those aren't attractions. Ramone's is the paint and body shop, which is one of the buildings in Radiator Springs. The Firehouse is another building in RS, the building right at the end of Route 66 where you enter the Radiator Springs Racers ride. This firehouse building was also used by the characters in the movie as a courthouse. There are three rides in the new land, Radiator Springs Racers, Luigi's Roaming Tires, and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    replied

Originally posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    Before the ride even opened, everyone on here was trying to estimate when lines for TSMM would drop from an hour plus to 10 - 20 minutes. So far, that hasn't happened and it's been open for a year and a halfish. Oh, and with all the construction that's going on in DCA at the moment and everything that will be open in 2011/2012, expect longer lines all together.
    I don't think I've seen it over an hour since the week it opened. I have seen it 20 minutes many more times then I have seen it over an hour. Usually it's in the 35-40 minute range, which is still way longer then I'm willing to wait.

Leave a comment:

• Babs09
    replied

That's odd, I had a whole discussion with one of the Imagineers who said that they had moved the FP distribution a couple of times. I believe it's planned to go into Ramone's now, but they had been looking at the firehouse/courthouse and another location previously.
    Maybe FP arent a good idea now...

OT:

Ok im lost....

Can you explain what ramones, firehouse, and courhouse are going to be. I didnt know they were rides.

I only thought there was going to be the Test Track Type one and Lugis.

~babs

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    replied

Originally posted by dcaguy View Post
    I talked to an imagineer working on RSR at D23 and he told me no plans for FP on that. I guess you heard something different than me.
    That's odd, I had a whole discussion with one of the Imagineers who said that they had moved the FP distribution a couple of times. I believe it's planned to go into Ramone's now, but they had been looking at the firehouse/courthouse and another location previously.

Leave a comment:

• ChessurInWonderland
    replied

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    This is not hard .............
    You have a CM holding back the stand-by line. In the meantime .. that CM or another one is taking FPs from guests coming in. And sometimes ..... there's no break in between a herd of people with FPs .... and the stand-by line is still holding before one person is let through.

As a regular annual pass holder for years ... I clearly remember the wait times on rides (Indy, Space Mountain, Big Thunder, etc.) .. then the FP system came in .. and what was once tolerable wait times .. turned into really long wait times.

It changed the whole dynamic of a trip to the DLR.

Unless you are there early ... and willing to run around both parks .. first thing .. to get your first fastpasses ... the day is semi wrecked.

Or ... I just simply don't go on those rides that require FP anymore.

And in light of all that ..... FP brings on more headaches .. whereas the time period prior to FPs was more tolerable.

Visiting a theme park should be a relaxed, take-your-time sort of day. Now .... it's evolved into a "better run over to _______ ride as fast as you can for fastpass" - before you start to do anything.

It shouldn't be that way. But I know some people prefer to hit the parks commando style. But not everyone wants their day turned into a stressful day .. running around for Fast Passes all day long.
    Oh, I see now. Fastpass seems like a good idea, with good intentions, but it just doesn't work unless it's on rides who currently have short wait times(which, then, don't even need FastPass added)

Leave a comment:

• dcaguy
    replied

As of D23 Convention, Radiator Springs Racers will be getting FP and it will be the only new attraction to have it. Of course plans can change, but that was the plan according to WDI in September.
    I talked to an imagineer working on RSR at D23 and he told me no plans for FP on that. I guess you heard something different than me.

Leave a comment:

• Tomorrowland_1967
    replied

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    I don't quite understand how Fastpass makes stand-by lines longer. I know the lines have gotten longer after Fastpass was added on them, but why is that? Is it because the Cast Members switch between the lines?
    This is not hard .............
    You have a CM holding back the stand-by line. In the meantime .. that CM or another one is taking FPs from guests coming in. And sometimes ..... there's no break in between a herd of people with FPs .... and the stand-by line is still holding before one person is let through.

As a regular annual pass holder for years ... I clearly remember the wait times on rides (Indy, Space Mountain, Big Thunder, etc.) .. then the FP system came in .. and what was once tolerable wait times .. turned into really long wait times.

It changed the whole dynamic of a trip to the DLR.

Unless you are there early ... and willing to run around both parks .. first thing .. to get your first fastpasses ... the day is semi wrecked.

Or ... I just simply don't go on those rides that require FP anymore.

And in light of all that ..... FP brings on more headaches .. whereas the time period prior to FPs was more tolerable.

Visiting a theme park should be a relaxed, take-your-time sort of day. Now .... it's evolved into a "better run over to _______ ride as fast as you can for fastpass" - before you start to do anything.

It shouldn't be that way. But I know some people prefer to hit the parks commando style. But not everyone wants their day turned into a stressful day .. running around for Fast Passes all day long.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 11-27-2009, 01:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tomorrowland_1967
    replied
    Re: Should Toy Story Midway Mania get Fastpasses?

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post

Splash hasn't run out of FastPasses in a long time. I don't remember the last time that I saw them all gone. They're always still available until sundown, and sometimes after then. Even on hot days, they don't go that quickly. And I go every month, on Saturdays, several times a month, all year long.
    The times I've been there .. the return time for FPs are late, close to park closing. (NIGHT time) And I'm in no mood to be getting wet at night OR when close to leaving.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X