Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A ♥d.p♥ Trip (11-14-09)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trip Report A ♥d.p♥ Trip (11-14-09)

    On November 14, 2009, my mom, brothers, and I went to Disneyland to see the Holiday fireworks. We came at about four, so we had plenty of time to spare.
    My mom saw the tree lighting ceremony last year and really enjoyed it, so she wanted to see it again. We still had some time, so we went to Disneyana because I wanted to get a Vinylmation, because I collect them. I got a Holiday 3'' blind box and pulled "Jack-o-Lantern"!
    Soon the tree lighting started. My mom was really disappointed. Last year, she saw it while saving us spots for the parade and fireworks while my grandma took us around the park, so I didn't see it, but she said it was a lot better, and it snowed. This year, there was a sort, very cheesy recording, and then the lights just turned on. We can do that at home, we just flick a switch or plug in the tree. =P






    Next we headed over to It's a Small World Holiday. While we were in line, it began to get darker and soon they turned the topiary and facade lights on. It was really nice and festive.












    My Cast Member Mickey Vinylmation







    Next we ate at the French Market, and then went to Haunted Mansion Holiday.


    My Jack-o-Lantern Vinylmation that I got earlier that day






    I actually really love how this came out. =)

  • #2
    Re: A ♥d.p♥ Trip (11-14-09)

    Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post



    I actually really love how this came out. =)
    Haha I love this!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A ♥d.p♥ Trip (11-14-09)

      Originally posted by Alex E View Post
      Haha I love this!
      Thanks! =D

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: A ♥d.p♥ Trip (11-14-09)

        Cute TR!! I love the vinylmations!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: A ♥d.p♥ Trip (11-14-09)



          Very nice SW shots! Love that shot of Main Street and and the Castle too!
          sigpic
          Home away from Home.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: A ♥d.p♥ Trip (11-14-09)

            I took a Picture of that exact same snowflake lol

            Nice pictures!

            ~babs


            Thank you Solitary!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: A ♥d.p♥ Trip (11-14-09)

              Originally posted by Lolo View Post
              Cute TR!! I love the vinylmations!
              Thanks! =D I recently started collecting =)
              Originally posted by royaldisneyfan View Post


              Very nice SW shots! Love that shot of Main Street and and the Castle too!
              Thanks! I actually took that shot from the boat. When we were going in, they had the little people out for the fifteen minute mark, and when we came out, they had just come out again. =p

              Originally posted by Babs09 View Post
              I took a Picture of that exact same snowflake lol

              Nice pictures!

              ~babs
              Thanks! Yeah, I always notice that snowflake. It's kind of hidden but at the same time it seems to really stick out and seems kind of out of place. =p When I was little, I saw that and it was the first time I noticed the floor, and then I realized small world was just in a big warehouse-like building. =p

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: A ♥d.p♥ Trip (11-14-09)

                Beautiful shots of Small World! Even the blurry ones were very pretty in a stylized way. Thanks for the bright & colorful TR!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: A ♥d.p♥ Trip (11-14-09)

                  Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
                  Thanks! =D I recently started collecting =)

                  Thanks! I actually took that shot from the boat. When we were going in, they had the little people out for the fifteen minute mark, and when we came out, they had just come out again. =p


                  Thanks! Yeah, I always notice that snowflake. It's kind of hidden but at the same time it seems to really stick out and seems kind of out of place. =p When I was little, I saw that and it was the first time I noticed the floor, and then I realized small world was just in a big warehouse-like building. =p
                  lol yeah very outta place seems to be the only one on the floor

                  ~babs


                  Thank you Solitary!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: A ♥d.p♥ Trip (11-14-09)

                    Hi. Maybe your mom missed the lighting that she remembers. Because they do light the tree again, along with the castle, a few times during the evening. It's pretty nice and it does snow each time, that I know of.
                    At some point the tree changes colors from the lights that you have in your pictures to a pretty white/blueish color at the same time that the icicles on the castle get lit.

                    For example: According to the Dland website this is the schedule for today, 11-28-09.

                    Wintertime Enchantment Holiday Lighting
                    Sleeping Beauty Castle

                    5:00 p.m. to 5:05 p.m. 5:15 p.m. to 5:20 p.m. 6:30 p.m. to 6:35 p.m. 7:30 p.m. to 7:35 p.m.

                    So I hope she gets to see it again and isn't disappointed this time.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: A ♥d.p♥ Trip (11-14-09)

                      Great TR!!!!!! lol i just started collecting vynlmation too! they soo cute!
                      So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

                      AEROSMITH FTWW!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: A ♥d.p♥ Trip (11-14-09)

                        Originally posted by The Dark Lady View Post
                        Beautiful shots of Small World! Even the blurry ones were very pretty in a stylized way. Thanks for the bright & colorful TR!
                        Thanks! =) I was going to leave out or delete the blurry ones, but I decided just to leave them in because I kind of liked how they looked.

                        Originally posted by Peace_N_Love View Post
                        Hi. Maybe your mom missed the lighting that she remembers. Because they do light the tree again, along with the castle, a few times during the evening. It's pretty nice and it does snow each time, that I know of.
                        At some point the tree changes colors from the lights that you have in your pictures to a pretty white/blueish color at the same time that the icicles on the castle get lit.

                        For example: According to the Dland website this is the schedule for today, 11-28-09.

                        Wintertime Enchantment Holiday Lighting
                        Sleeping Beauty Castle

                        5:00 p.m. to 5:05 p.m. 5:15 p.m. to 5:20 p.m. 6:30 p.m. to 6:35 p.m. 7:30 p.m. to 7:35 p.m.

                        So I hope she gets to see it again and isn't disappointed this time.
                        Oh, that was probably it, because those times seem more realistic, too, because the times for the lighting we saw were earlier than when she had waited there. Thanks for letting me know! I'll try to see it next time we go! =) We haven't seen the parade yet, so we'll probably save our spots on Main Street and watch the lighting while we wait.

                        Originally posted by PerformerInWaiting View Post
                        Great TR!!!!!! lol i just started collecting vynlmation too! they soo cute!
                        Thanks! Yeah, they are, I love taking mine around the park. =p

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: A ♥d.p♥ Trip (11-14-09)

                          Next time you go, you should bring your Mickey CM Vinyl, go to the parnters statue, and pose your Vinylmation the way Mickey is posed, and hold him up in front of the statue and take a picture so it looks like your Vinylmation is holding Walt's hand.
                          That'd be pretty cool haha.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: A ♥d.p♥ Trip (11-14-09)

                            Originally posted by Awesome View Post
                            Next time you go, you should bring your Mickey CM Vinyl, go to the parnters statue, and pose your Vinylmation the way Mickey is posed, and hold him up in front of the statue and take a picture so it looks like your Vinylmation is holding Walt's hand.
                            That'd be pretty cool haha.
                            Haha, I never thought of that! I'll try it next time I go. =)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: A ♥d.p♥ Trip (11-14-09)

                              I LOVE the 'vinylmation'!! That's the best one I've heard in years.

                              Great pics! There's something about DL after dark that defies description. The park takes on a whole new character. Part of the magic, I suppose.

                              Rob

                              Comment

                              Get Away Today Footer

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X