This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Aladdin the Musical question

This hasn't been just now but it has been for send Aladdin the musical begain and that is why didn't they add Abu to the musical I mean they could do to him like they did with Iago so why didn't Disneyland added Abu to the show?

Re: Aladdin the Musical question

He didn't really do anything special that effected the plot, did he?

Comment

Originally posted by dmtnt55 View Post
      No, but he's so cute! :3

Comment

That's not necessarily true, Abu is in the show, but a small portion. As the elephant.

But, i've always wondered this as well. Hmm. . .
        Fighting just to survive but you taught me I can.

Comment

Originally posted by dmtnt55 View Post
          Neither did Iago, but they still were some of the best characters because of their personality. Like, in Nemo, Dory didn't contribute much the plot, but the movie definitely wouldn't be the same without her.

Comment

I disagree about Dory, she was a supporting character, not so much a background character as say Crush the turtle or the sharks. Abu is more so a background character in comparison to Aladdin, Jasmine and the Genie. I'd say Dory is equated to Genie in that movie and Abu is like the pelican or the sharks in Nemo.
            Yaye!

Comment

Originally posted by phi1215 View Post
              I disagree about Dory, she was a supporting character, not so much a background character as say Crush the turtle or the sharks. Abu is more so a background character in comparison to Aladdin, Jasmine and the Genie. I'd say Dory is equated to Genie in that movie and Abu is like the pelican or the sharks in Nemo.
              Yes, couldn't have said it better.

Dory helped a ton in Nemo.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
                This hasn't been just now but it has been for send Aladdin the musical begain and that is why didn't they add Abu to the musical I mean they could do to him like they did with Iago so why didn't Disneyland added Abu to the show?
                Like someone said, he has no significance in the plot. Just like Iago, Abu is one of those background characters that the story can live without on. And in a fairly short stage performance, you can only afford to have one without making the show to long and/or overcrowding the character chart. So it came down to Abu vs Iago. The fact of the matter is, Abu does not talk, meaning his act is almost as structured as cement and Iago is a talking bird that can mix up his act for extra humor.

Comment

Iago does in some cases help the plot along villain-wise (" What if you were the chump husband?") Also an adult would much rather listen to a character whith improvised comedy than another character to provide slap shtick, which was already sufficient(Carpet).

Comment

Well Carpet don't talk and it's in the place and in a way Abu dose talk. Frank Welcker (one of my favorite voice actors, a.k.a. Soundwave,Megatron,Smiler, Darkseid.) dose his voice. So I still don't see why he wasn't in the show.

Comment

Well Carpet don't talk and it's in the place and in a way Abu dose talk. Frank Welcker (one of my favorite voice actors, a.k.a. Soundwave,Megatron,Smiler, Darkseid.) dose his voice. So I still don't see why he wasn't in the show.
                      How are you suppose to have a Whole New World without carpet?

Comment

You can't but you can't also not have Abu in the show. Iago is a puppet so they could also have Abu as a puppet.

Comment

You can't but you can't also not have Abu in the show. Iago is a puppet so they could also have Abu as a puppet.
                          It would be hard to follow because there would be so many characters in such a short time. And if Abu gets in, then why doesn't Jasmine's tiger? It starts to build on itself and the show simply becomes too long for people's attention spans.

Comment

More money and it would not really make the show that much better.
                            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                              It would be hard to follow because there would be so many characters in such a short time. And if Abu gets in, then why doesn't Jasmine's tiger? It starts to build on itself and the show simply becomes too long for people's attention spans.
                              This.

And like he said, he doesn't talk, and it would be sort of pointless.

Carpet doesn't talk but like he also said, she is a really important part of the story. And she can express herself and communicate with a level of body language (just like Carpet in the movie) that you just can't do with a puppet.

Comment

When you're cutting a 90-minute movie in half to adapt it for the stage, you have to pick and choose what to include and what to cut. Iago speaks English and Abu doesn't, making any "comments" Abu makes unnecessary in contrast to Iago's speech. Also, Iago serves as Jafar's confidante, since Iago is the only character to whom Jafar reveals his true nature and plans, and therefore saves us from having to listen to some stupid "this is my evil plan" speech which gets stupider when it is spoken in front of the hero. In the condensed context of the show, Aladdin doesn't need Abu as his best friend since he has the Genie as a sounding board for his thoughts and feelings.

Comment

The tiger has nothing to do with the story. Abu is actually the one that almost gets them all killed in the cave. I'd say that's helping with the story.

Comment

Abu is Aladdin's sidekick. Abu MUST be with Aladdin.

One major flaw in the DCA musical :/

one hundred and one

Comment

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
                                      The tiger has nothing to do with the story. Abu is actually the one that almost gets them all killed in the cave. I'd say that's helping with the story.
                                      That is such a minor detail though.

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                                        That is such a minor detail though.

Abu discovers the carpet and is with Aladdin in the Cave of Wonders. Big detail.

one hundred and one

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X