This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SurfedUpDane
    Best value in the park of that's what you are interested in!
    Shhh! Don't say that or they'll hike up the price.

Comment

Big Thunder BBQ Oh yesssssssssssss.........
      :crazylegs

Comment

if they don't bring back some of these resturants(doubtful), then wouldn't it be really neat if they released some of the recipes for those old dishes they served up, like a retro Disney cook book or something!
        Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

Comment

Having missed out on some pretty essential DL dining experiences would have to go with BTBBQ
          But just a quick question... Did I read that it would be returning in some form or another on one of the Micechat threads?

Comment

Originally posted by KevinYee
            the Matterhorn Sundae on Main
            Last fall, the kids and I witnessed someone getting a Matterhorn Sundae at Carnation Cafe. It was part of a prize the family had one, if my fuzzy memory serves me correctly. The family offered some of the mountain of ice cream to us, but I declined.

The CMs made an annoucement to the restaurant when the delivered the sundae to the young girl. You should have seen her eyes when that thing was placed in front of her.
            Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
            I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Since they removed BBQ items from Rancho, There were rumors that Big Thunder would come back, however my friend in foods informed me the other day that the BBQ menu has just been moved to Riverbelle, so only Mickey knows the fate of Big Thunder :monkey:
              Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

Comment

Originally posted by Old_School_Goofy
                Since they removed BBQ items from Rancho, There were rumors that Big Thunder would come back, however my friend in foods informed me the other day that the BBQ menu has just been moved to Riverbelle, so only Mickey knows the fate of Big Thunder :monkey:
                Yes, the BBQ items themselves were moved to Riverbelle, I had the ribs last week - but it's not the same. It seems they forgot to 'move' the AP Discounts with them, among other things...

Spoiler
                Like the soft drink refill policy at Casa Del Zocalo (and certain other DL restaurants) that they try not to make public knowledge to avoid mass quantities of cheaters - Didn't even want to try fighting that battle, just got a cup of 'Anaheim Water' with my meal.

Same problems (and then some) at Taste Pilots Grille at DCA. From now on, if I get the urge for ribs, I'll drive over to Chris and Pitts on Euclid, or walk down Harbor to Tony Roma's. Someplace they're glad to see me walk in the door.

--<< Bruce >>--
                There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Definately Big Thunder BBQ. That used to have trout that was really good. Disney turned me on to fish. Before, I hated it. What is Space Mist by the way?
                  Last edited by matterhornmaniac; 03-02-2005, 11:41 AM.

Comment

There used to be a restaurant between Alice and Mr. Toad in the "old" Fantasyland. I think it was called King Aurthurs Court. Cast members called it Fan 1. It was basic burgers & hot dogs but the surroundings were so amazing.

We could sit and watch the Matterhorn Mountain Climbers and the Catapillars on Alice. Even watch the parade if you timed it right.

UGH I miss the Woodcarver too at the "Village Inn"

Comment

Originally posted by Hungry Bear Boys
                      There used to be a restaurant between Alice and Mr. Toad in the "old" Fantasyland. I think it was called King Aurthurs Court. Cast members called it Fan 1. It was basic burgers & hot dogs but the surroundings were so amazing.

We could sit and watch the Matterhorn Mountain Climbers and the Catapillars on Alice. Even watch the parade if you timed it right.

UGH I miss the Woodcarver too at the "Village Inn"

What did it look inside? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Panda
                        1. BT BBQ for the food and atmosphere
                        2. The pirate ship restaurant in Fantasyland (the name escapes me at the moment) - not so much for the food as the atmosphere and fond memories ....
                        DITTO

Your Ultra Style Guide for Modern Living!

Comment

1. Carnation Cafe
                          2. Grandma Maizie's Picnic Basket - almost completely forgotten these days
                          3. Monorail Cafe
                          4. Carnation Plaza Gardens

Comment

Tahitian Tarrace was awesome, but I also miss the Monorail Cafe. They had good sandwitches, chicken fingers and soup. Prices were decent too. I also miss Villa Verde over at DLH (which became Stromboli's and then Goofy's Kitchen).
                            "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
                            Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
                            "
                            -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

Comment

My fave was the old Space Place. It was out of the way and served the same food as the Tomorrowland Terrace and sometimes a good show on the stage like One Man's Dream or Showbiz Is. You could sit down at a second leval table and relax
                              sigpic"To your left we have a welcome neighbor..... Our GE nuclear powerplant"
                              Carousel of Progress - Progress City

http://videblog-bearride.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mouseketeer_2
                                1. Carnation Cafe
                                2. Grandma Maizie's Picnic Basket - almost completely forgotten these days
                                3. Monorail Cafe
                                4. Carnation Plaza Gardens
                                OOH! The old Carnation Cafe was simply the best! Much better Sandwiches then they have now, Soup, awesome sundaes!
                                "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
                                Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
                                "
                                -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

Comment

Big thunder BBQ and the Welches Juice stand
                                  :ap: "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." :ap:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X