• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagineer Scott
    replied
    Re: Radiator Springs

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Needs more trees and shade. The Palo Verde tree (Parkinsonia) is a valuable shade-provider in desert regions and requires almost no water, but drops fewer leaves if given regular water. People crave shade in the summer, and southern California is almost an endless summer.

Were there trees in Radiator Springs? I don't remember, but I doubt it :/ otherwise I love this idea. I bet they'll make that Fire Truck have a water area for guests or some kind of carwash for guests lol

Leave a comment:

• Bob Weaver
    replied

Needs more trees and shade. The Palo Verde tree (Parkinsonia) is a valuable shade-provider in desert regions and requires almost no water, but drops fewer leaves if given regular water. People crave shade in the summer, and southern California is almost an endless summer.

Leave a comment:

• Aladdin
    replied

Have to give you props for calling it Radiator Springs. That what I will call it, too, regardless of what Disney officially calls it. C***l*** ~ that is just two 4 letter words pushed together. Several people had some close up pictures of the large model at the D23 Expo, back in September. Darkbeer also had some pictures too in one of his friday reports. Just do a search and you will find several different reports.

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

The big ride there is called Radiator Springs Racers, but the area as a whole is called Carsland. I heard the Drive-In restaurant is on the backburner and might eventually get built later depending on the success of the first phase of Carsland.

Leave a comment:

• Ice101
    replied

Let me google that for you

Leave a comment:

• ChessurInWonderland
    replied

Here's a nice gallery of models, sketches and concpet art:
    http://micechat.com/forums/members/m...e-gallery.html

It even has some older ideas, like the Drive-in.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    replied

Huh? That one doesn't show the drive-in.

Leave a comment:

• FI183
    replied

Actually that model is out of date, it still has ideas that aren't going to make it like the drive in theater. I believe this was the fist model they made of Carsland. The most accurate is the one to that isn't shown, but it's the model they scanned on the computer to get the ironwork for the rock work.

Leave a comment:

• DragonFire FURY
    replied

As far as I am aware this is the most accurate and up to date layout of Carsland.

Leave a comment:

• DARTH KNITE
    replied

Well, unfortunately,it's actually called Carsland. So that might be your trouble when looking it up online. I wish it had a better name, Radiator Springs would be just fine, but too late I guess. I know that's not much, but I hope it helps.

Leave a comment:

• DaisyDuck89
    started a topic [Question] Radiator Springs

Radiator Springs

I've been looking for some maybe rough sketches or ideas for radiator springs, and the only things I've been able to find have been on here...are there any other sites or pictures that anyone has seen here that will give more of a visual idea?

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X