X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whamo
    replied
    Re: BLAB idea

I like the idea of having new Space Rangers shrink. That way they could become toy size! I also like the idea of making the robots on the ride three-dimensional. I would also point out that the ride does fit the "Tomorrowland" theme, especially when one considers the interaction with Space Rangers at home on their computer versions of the game.
    Tomorrowland does need some updating. The "House of the Future" was one of Disneyland's best attractions back in the day, now it's nothing special. I'd like to see a ride or exhibit dedicated to the green world of the future. I'd like to see a Segway ride with a faster line, perhaps Segway look-a-likes on conveyor belts that give the same experience without the long line.
    In any event, I like your thinking!

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

My problem with Buzz Lightyear is because it is in fact a toy. They made the queue cheap looking and the whole ride revolves around cheap targets.

Do away with all that.

Make it a ride about Buzz Lightyear the SPACE RANGER. THAT'S futuristic. Revolving the ride about toys makes it about a character that is very present and very 1995... or 1999.

If they made the ride as nice looking as Star Tours, with actual robot targets that shoot back and spin you out, you'll have an attraction that has more repeat value and more longevity.

Leave a comment:

• trumpetplayer1995
    replied

I think this is a great idea, it would really give the ride a reason to be in tomorrow land other than the fact that Buzz is from space.

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

Hmm.. i dunno about this.

Leave a comment:

• disneylandfan95
    replied

Originally posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
    I had an idea similar to this. But intsead of a toy store it was a video game arcacde for the line and the ride was one of the games. And the ride would be untouched.
    Personally, I think that the toy store idea would work better because it would tie into the fact that you are along side the toys. Buzz and Zurg are toys. But still, great idea!

Leave a comment:

• Dlandclub33
    replied

I had an idea similar to this. But intsead of a toy store it was a video game arcacde for the line and the ride was one of the games. And the ride would be untouched.

Leave a comment:

• Polar_Bear
    replied

I like it. The shrinking thing brings in a little journey through inner space feel and definatley would be an inexpensive fix to a thematically challenged ride.

Leave a comment:

• MainStreetJake
    replied

Great idea! This would work A LOT better than what's there now. It'll (like everyone has already said) give Tomorrowland that future feel it is so dearly lacking right now. I love the nostalgic nod to the previous attractions....and I find it funny no one has mentioned *cough cough* ROCKET RODS.
    The ride could be changed to have a different storyline...something like "You get stuck in the toystore, and the toys come alive, and you are immersed within a battle between all the toys..." But that's like Indian and the Cupboard/Night at the Museum....soooooo let's leave the ride as is, with the minor details you mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• disneylandfan95
    replied

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
    first of all. It should be renamed to Today Land since this land is nothing tomorrow-ish.
    I find it funny that the guns fall right off when you put them on during the end of the ride. lol
    Well I'm hoping that if most rides start to be remolded in the same type of theme as this, it wouldn't have to be called Todayland.

Leave a comment:

• DannyLand
    replied

first of all. It should be renamed to Today Land since this land is nothing tomorrow-ish.
    I find it funny that the guns fall right off when you put them on during the end of the ride. lol

Leave a comment:

• dmtnt55
    replied

Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    Random, but the fact that it's called "Toy Store of the Future" makes me think that in the queue they should have a nod to House of the Future by having a House of the Future dollhouse.
    That would be awesome! Haha!

Leave a comment:

• Peoplemover Priit
    replied

I agree with your ideas. Tomorrowland seems bland and stale ever since they stopped being tomorrowish, if that even is a word.

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

This is one of those little plusses that would restore a bit of faith in us that think the Tomorrowland theme has been all but forgotten.

Leave a comment:

• disneylandfan95
    replied

Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    Random, but the fact that it's called "Toy Store of the Future" makes me think that in the queue they should have a nod to House of the Future by having a House of the Future dollhouse.
    Absolutely!! This would be one of the nostalgic items that I said would be in the queue. So many other toys could line the shelves like the Carousel of Progress family as action figures, model Starspeeders, and little Space Mountains. The possibilities are endless when it comes to nostalgic toys. The shelves would be packed with toys, both old and modern. But it would still have the crowded, cramped feel of an olden day toy store.

Leave a comment:

• JungleCruiseFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Noski
    replied

That's a great idea! It really does sort of bring back the old pre-PIXAR philosophy of Tomorrowland.

Leave a comment:

• disneylandfan95
    replied

Thanks for the encouraging replies!! I love to think of new ways to spruce up exixting attractions!

Leave a comment:

• WDITrent
    replied

Someone else had the idea of a toy store that I didn't like too much, but I find this idea with its Tomorrowlandiness perfect.

Leave a comment:

• thermo648
    replied

That would definitely be better than what's there now, but it does sort of remind me of the premise of Midway Mania, but I think that they're different enough that it would work pretty well.

Leave a comment:

• sleepyjeff
    replied

Well done, I like it!

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X