This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re: A Restaurant in Ariel's Adventure?

That was the chair without legs. The tables.... Im going to have to think about that one.

~babs

Thank you Solitary!

Comment

I think seashells could be tables, or maybe like an eel where you sit on top if it, but there is seats folded into it.

I'm gonna draw some stuff soon, my ideas.

Comment

Yeah but the problem is if it was seashell tables it would be rough.

~babs

Thank you Solitary!

Comment

How so? Just make cushioned backs, and a table in front, meant for 2 people.

Comment

No no I was talking about the Seashell tables. It has to be a flat surface because seashells= rough.

Thank you Solitary!

Comment

I like this idea - DLR lacks interesting places to eat, especially in the parks.

I wouldn't rule out something elegant-ish either...for an example of how this can be done decor-wise, check out Farallon Restaurant, San Francisco

Comment

Maybe an adjacent restaurant like the one next to Pinocchio and to make the atmosphere more underwaterlike like put large glass windows/walls looking into the ride so it looks like and aquarium.

Comment

Well I had an Idea of it being a very green and blue place. You are surronded by coral and underwater plants. They have a few large windows that look out into the ride but without the glass and you are able to here the melody of Under the Sea being played by the Band in the ride.

~babs

Thank you Solitary!

Comment

Originally posted by Babs09 View Post

Heres a column I began to draw. Not very well drawn and the left side is lop sided. If they have column I imagined them with designs on them making it feel as if your under the sea.

~babs

how about if it were an aquarium pillar?

Comment

Id wrap the pillars with glass, and then leave some space and put another piece of glass so that there is about two inches of space between them. Then I would fill it with water all the way around the column and send airbubbles up. It would hide the column and look cool.

Comment

I didn't mean the table being a sea shell, I meant the table part where you sit at. You sit in a sea shell.

Comment

Yeah that was my idea except a clam

~babs

Thank you Solitary!

Comment

I don't know what others have thought up, but I think it would be hot to have "mermaids" in a tank swimming while you ate. They used to have mermaids in the Underwater Adventure ride. What the heck happened?

Comment

AA's or Real? If real it would be impossible.... plus you already have the feel of being underwater

~babs

Thank you Solitary!

Comment

Originally posted by mrbean View Post
                                I don't know what others have thought up, but I think it would be hot to have "mermaids" in a tank swimming while you ate. They used to have mermaids in the Underwater Adventure ride. What the heck happened?
                                Haha "hot?" That would get the families coming in for sure.

Comment

I'd rather hav a meet and greet spot somewhere near the ride or around the exit so it's like as you exit you can get in line for a meet and greet.
                                  So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

Hmm but woudln't the meet n greet at the exit crowd the exit?

Thank you Solitary!

Comment

Hmm but woudln't the meet n greet at the exit crowd the exit?
                                      How would you know until it is built. Every problem can be avoided with the proper design.

Comment

AA's or Real? If real it would be impossible.... plus you already have the feel of being underwater

~babs
                                        It is possible. Have you ever been to Sharkey's? They used to have a huge tank behind the bar with live mermaids. The top of the tank was hidden behind and the mermaids could go up to breathe. My friend was a mermaid there when we were in college.

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
                                          How would you know until it is built. Every problem can be avoided with the proper design.
                                          Originally posted by krpink View Post
                                          It is possible. Have you ever been to Sharkey's? They used to have a huge tank behind the bar with live mermaids. The top of the tank was hidden behind and the mermaids could go up to breathe. My friend was a mermaid there when we were in college.
                                          Yeah I was over exaggerating. It is possible but difficult to do.

And about the bar. Wouldn't they be going up every minute or 2?

~babs

Thank you Solitary!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X