• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babs09
    replied
    Re: A Restaurant in Ariel's Adventure?

Heres what I drew up.

That is the windows they would have around the resteraunt with no glass. They look into the ride depending on where the resteraunt is located at.

~babs

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

^Yea, thats what I meant by fish tank, I personally wouldnt put fish in it, just bubbly water.

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
    No...

but jumping from the Ursula's grotto subjet...

why not have a quick service beverage location themed to Ursula and her potions with a big, smoking cauldron in the middle?
    No? No what..?

Leave a comment:

• Flickering Bulb
    replied

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
    They could seperate the ride from the resaurant with glass or a skinny fish take to add some distortion. In this way, you wouldn't hear the speils, but it would appear as though you were looking into the ocean.

i like the sound of the distorted glass, or perhaps double plexi-glass and in between there would be water with bubbles.

i also like what Imagineer Scott said about Ursula's potions and a big cauldron in the middle.

Leave a comment:

• Capt Hook
    replied

There is going to be a new meet and greet spot for Ariel when the ride is build. I think I hear it will be across from her ride and her resturant will become the new Princess but Ariel will not be there send her new meet and greet is right across from her ride. What will happen is Jasmine would take Ariel's place send she will not be there. If anyone has been to her resturant you would knowest the Princess they have are Ariel,Snow White,Cinderella,Aurora and Belle. Once in a wild Jasmine,Mulan,Princess Minnie and what I have hear Fairy Godmother will step in if a Princess is sick like Cinderella. So there will not be anymore Ariel's Grotto resturant when her ride and new meet and greet get build.

Leave a comment:

• Imagineer Scott
    replied

No...

but jumping from the Ursula's grotto subjet...

why not have a quick service beverage location themed to Ursula and her potions with a big, smoking cauldron in the middle?

Leave a comment:

• Babs09
    replied

They could seperate the ride from the resaurant with glass or a skinny fish take to add some distortion. In this way, you wouldn't hear the speils, but it would appear as though you were looking into the ocean.

Yes. Exactly.

I just drew something up. Ill have to upload later or tomorrow.

~babs

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    i could imagine the restaurant being a mix of Ursula's Grotto (right name?) in the animation building and Animator's Palette restaurant on Disney Cruise Lines, where the mood and colors would change as time goes by. I love the mood of Ursula's Grotto, at times it can be quite intimate when there are people lined up to do voices.

as for having a the restaurant look into the attraction, i probably wouldn't go that direction. blue bayou and pirates pair up nicely b/c the atmostphere is calm and they share the wilderness, no pirate AAs all over the place, and the passing of boats is pleasant. not sure if i want to stare at clam shells passing by and hearing the same spiel of a section of the ride over and over.

Leave a comment:

• Babs09
    replied

Originally posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    i could imagine the restaurant being a mix of Ursula's Grotto (right name?) in the animation building and Animator's Palette restaurant on Disney Cruise Lines, where the mood and colors would change as time goes by. I love the mood of Ursula's Grotto, at times it can be quite intimate when there are people lined up to do voices.

as for having a the restaurant look into the attraction, i probably wouldn't go that direction. blue bayou and pirates pair up nicely b/c the atmostphere is calm and they share the wilderness, no pirate AAs all over the place, and the passing of boats is pleasant. not sure if i want to stare at clam shells passing by and hearing the same spiel of a section of the ride over and over.
    Thats a really great Idea!

I can imagine the colors changing slowly throught the day. Well we could make the location farther so you are unable to hear the music or etc...

~babs

Leave a comment:

• Flickering Bulb
    replied
    re: A Restaurant in Ariel's Adventure?

Leave a comment:

• Babs09
    replied

How would you know until it is built. Every problem can be avoided with the proper design.
    Originally posted by krpink View Post
    It is possible. Have you ever been to Sharkey's? They used to have a huge tank behind the bar with live mermaids. The top of the tank was hidden behind and the mermaids could go up to breathe. My friend was a mermaid there when we were in college.
    Yeah I was over exaggerating. It is possible but difficult to do.

And about the bar. Wouldn't they be going up every minute or 2?

~babs

Leave a comment:

• krpink
    replied

Originally posted by Babs09 View Post
    AA's or Real? If real it would be impossible.... plus you already have the feel of being underwater

~babs
    It is possible. Have you ever been to Sharkey's? They used to have a huge tank behind the bar with live mermaids. The top of the tank was hidden behind and the mermaids could go up to breathe. My friend was a mermaid there when we were in college.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Babs09 View Post
    Hmm but woudln't the meet n greet at the exit crowd the exit?
    How would you know until it is built. Every problem can be avoided with the proper design.

Leave a comment:

• Babs09
    replied

Hmm but woudln't the meet n greet at the exit crowd the exit?

Leave a comment:

• PerformerInWaiting
    replied

I'd rather hav a meet and greet spot somewhere near the ride or around the exit so it's like as you exit you can get in line for a meet and greet.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by mrbean View Post
    I don't know what others have thought up, but I think it would be hot to have "mermaids" in a tank swimming while you ate. They used to have mermaids in the Underwater Adventure ride. What the heck happened?
    Haha "hot?" That would get the families coming in for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Babs09
    replied

AA's or Real? If real it would be impossible.... plus you already have the feel of being underwater

~babs

Leave a comment:

• mrbean
    replied

I don't know what others have thought up, but I think it would be hot to have "mermaids" in a tank swimming while you ate. They used to have mermaids in the Underwater Adventure ride. What the heck happened?

Leave a comment:

• Babs09
    replied

Yeah that was my idea except a clam

~babs

Leave a comment:

• dmtnt55
    replied

I didn't mean the table being a sea shell, I meant the table part where you sit at. You sit in a sea shell.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Id wrap the pillars with glass, and then leave some space and put another piece of glass so that there is about two inches of space between them. Then I would fill it with water all the way around the column and send airbubbles up. It would hide the column and look cool.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X