Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

planning tips

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] planning tips

    So I am trying to plan a trip for my parents, myself and will be my 3 year old son... we are going to stay at the HOJO....but I was wondering can I buy a dinning plan or is that just if I stay at the disney hotels? and we are going to fly and dont want to rent a car so is there something that can get us to the hotel??

    sorry if this has already been asked I dont know how to look up stuff from before....:blush:


  • #2
    Re: planning tips

    For any booking information regarding transportation to and from the hotel I recommend using the link below.

    Disneyland Resort | Vacation Packages

    Here you can see prices and plans associated with not just the three main hotels but also the Good Neighbor Hotels. Personally when me and my family go we stay at the Anaheim Camelot Inn, it's a good hotel that's very close to the entrance and it can be a bit pricey. Good luck on your trip planning.
    "It matters not how strait the gate how charged with Punishments the scroll I am the master of my fate I am the captain of my soul" -- W.E. Henley
    ***Next trip to the DisneylandŽ Resort***
    ***May 9, 2012***

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: planning tips

      You can purchase the dining plans, but why? You don't save anything, and in fact, if you have an AP, AAA card, Disney VISA, or a couple other discounts, the plan can cost you money. Also, if you want to buy 1 churro with your $5 snack voucher, you either need to buy 2 and kick in an extra dollar in cash, or lose $2.
      If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: planning tips

        The Hojo is not that far away from the park - walking distance (at least what I consider walking distance). You should be ok as far as that is concrened.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: planning tips

          Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
          You can purchase the dining plans, but why? You don't save anything, and in fact, if you have an AP, AAA card, Disney VISA, or a couple other discounts, the plan can cost you money. Also, if you want to buy 1 churro with your $5 snack voucher, you either need to buy 2 and kick in an extra dollar in cash, or lose $2.
          I disagree, I purchased the dinning plan and came out $50 ahead per person in my group! The snack voucher is valued at $6.75, which covered a churro and a drink, or a pretzel and a drink at the carts I went to. It really just depends on what your needs are to whether you come out ahead or not.
          Yaye!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: planning tips

            If you want a dining plan, you simply need to walk back to DTD, behind Compass Books to the WDTC and you can purchase them in person from 9am-2pm.

            In the past, the dining plan has simply been a dollar to dollar conversion. I know many people use them simply so they have meals paid for. Many (I am one) find them to be a waste of money.
            If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: planning tips

              Originally posted by chadb14 View Post
              The Hojo is not that far away from the park - walking distance (at least what I consider walking distance). You should be ok as far as that is concrened.

              I mean transportation from the airport to the hotel and back to the airport....

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: planning tips

                Originally posted by disneyfan_87 View Post
                I mean transportation from the airport to the hotel and back to the airport....
                Which airport? LAX or John Wayne in OC? (or Long Beach) John Wayne is close. you should be able to get a shuttle for your entire party for around $75 bucks
                Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror



                Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: planning tips

                  You should DEFINITELY RENT a car. You are in sunny southern California with a lot of place to visit. Such as Knotts berry farm, sea world, Legoland, Universal Studios Hollywood etc. There are a lot of stuff to do here. Taxi is a rip off.

                  Dining plan is a waste of money. Only if you go to Walt Disney World the Dining plan will totally ROCK.
                  My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
                  http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: planning tips

                    Originally posted by asianbma View Post
                    You should DEFINITELY RENT a car. You are in sunny southern California with a lot of place to visit. Such as Knotts berry farm, sea world, Legoland, Universal Studios Hollywood etc. There are a lot of stuff to do here. Taxi is a rip off.

                    Dining plan is a waste of money. Only if you go to Walt Disney World the Dining plan will totally ROCK.
                    You're right. and nowadays you can rent cars so cheap, taxi is probably a rip off.
                    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror



                    Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

                    Comment

                    Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X