Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blockout Days "ROCK" No Lines,Ample Parking,Pleasant Guest!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Blockout Days "ROCK" No Lines,Ample Parking,Pleasant Guest!!

My family and I just returned from Disneyland (11/28/09) and we had one of the best times in the Park. Being P.A.P holders we've never gone on a day when all A.P's are blocked out except the P.A.P. Arrived at the park at 10:00am and there was no line into the structure. Parked on Mickey. No line for the Tram. No line at the turnstiles. And we were the only family inside the family center taking care of our baby! At 12:00pm the wait time for Space was approx. 25min. Nemo was 40min with the entrance in the front and not adjacent to the Matterhorn. People and CM in general seemed very pleasant. Spoke to one CM and she said it would be a different story come Sunday 11/29/09. Just thought I would share this...

Re: Blockout Days "ROCK" No Lines,Ample Parking,Pleasant Guest!!

Lucky you! Yesterday the park was jam-packed!

Comment

You'd love every other off-season month, if you gave it a chance.

Comment

And this is why Saturdays for PAPs are amazing.

Comment

And this sort of experience goes to show that APs don't need to be priced into the stratosphere to cut down on crowds. PAPs are surely fine as they are. And it helps illustrate which admission demographics are causing most of the overcrowding.

Comment

We were there last night from 7 til 10:30 or so, and we got on all 5 rides we wanted to go one, and had time to watch Fantasmic! :yea: Parking was a wonderful dream, and the crowd levels were so manageable. It was a lovely night.
            Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

WOW That great!....... I glad it work out for YOU !
              I though the parks be JAM! all weekend long ......
              I wounder what up ?
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
                WOW That great!....... I glad it work out for YOU !
                I though the parks be JAM! all weekend long ......
                I wounder what up ?
                Its the economy man xD
                mainly cal visitors are going to the parks

Comment

Hey I was there too. It was great day to be at the parks!

Comment

Originally posted by HighLeveller View Post
                    And this sort of experience goes to show that APs don't need to be priced into the stratosphere to cut down on crowds. PAPs are surely fine as they are. And it helps illustrate which admission demographics are causing most of the overcrowding.
                    Exactly. And it's why we don't need to cut them altogether too.

Comment

Aww man! I KNEW i should've gone yesterday!
                      I :love: Donald Duck!

Comment

We have found similar experiences lately. It's really very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex E View Post
                          Exactly. And it's why we don't need to cut them altogether too.
                          Keep the P.A.P cut the rest!
                          After yesterday I totally 100% Concure on the idea of cutting out all A.P except the P.A.P. As one CM said about Sunday (today) the parks were gonna get rapped..Harsh words of description but true. It's like Night/Day when comparing a Blackout day to Non Blackout day.

Comment

I couldn't say it better myself!! Well said Highleveller..We even rode on the LillyB....try to do that on a No Blackout day..

Comment

We went last Fri-Sat and again this past Fri and the PAP only nights were the best we've had in a long time.

I have to agree, lose the bottom two passes and keep only the Deluxe and Premiums, the new payment plans should make it easier to afford the higher prices.

That change alone will go along way to help solve both the overcrowding and parking issues.

Comment

Yeah but if you cut back or eliminate the other pass options, you need to recoup the costs by raising the price of the Premium APs. That's not even considering whether folks would actually shell out for the premiums if the lower passes were not available (which, with the payment plan, I would guess many folks would).

Comment

Originally posted by snappy View Post
                                  Keep the P.A.P cut the rest!
                                  After yesterday I totally 100% Concure on the idea of cutting out all A.P except the P.A.P. As one CM said about Sunday (today) the parks were gonna get rapped..Harsh words of description but true. It's like Night/Day when comparing a Blackout day to Non Blackout day.
                                  Wow that's really nice. Let's cut the lower price passes so only those privliged enough to be able to afford a premium pass can have a pass. That way you all won't be inconvinienced by all of those people when you visit the park. It will be like having your own personal theme park.

Comment

Originally posted by MrLiver View Post
                                    Yeah but if you cut back or eliminate the other pass options, you need to recoup the costs by raising the price of the Premium APs. That's not even considering whether folks would actually shell out for the premiums if the lower passes were not available (which, with the payment plan, I would guess many folks would).
                                    They could keep the deluxe passes too. Remember all the reports from last summer about how (relatively) uncrowded the parks were? Deluxes weren't blocked either except on Saturdays and July 4th. More premiums and deluxes would be sold no doubt, although it's true that it most likely wouldn't offset all the lost revenue from the so-cal's. For this reason it wouldn't be good to ditch both the so-cal's and the payment plan at once, although one or the other really needs to go. And any business currently being lost due to overcrowding (an there's got to be, from word of mouth and would-be repeat visitors staying away) would recover eventually and they'd gain revenue again there.

Comment

Originally posted by MrLiver View Post
                                      Considering that most of the SoCal Passholders paid nothing for their AP's, due to the Birthday Promo, it would really save Disney money, for being able to reduce cast member hours needed to run DL. Plus it provides a much nicer experience for all the guests who visit DL. And the new people who just recently became SoCal AP'ers, and spent nothing for their APs, and have reduced that the spending per person, aren't likely to pay more for the same type of experience.

Once again, we can all be thankful that a certain people are not in charge of decisions at Disneyland.
                                      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                                      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                                      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                                      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by bayougirl89 View Post
                                        Wow that's really nice. Let's cut the lower price passes so only those privliged enough to be able to afford a premium pass can have a pass. That way you all won't be inconvinienced by all of those people when you visit the park. It will be like having your own personal theme park.
                                        Going to Disneyland is a PRIVILEGE/LUXURY not a right.

I qualify for the Southern California Annual Pass but I get the Deluxe. I am sorry but only paying $149 or $189 for an annual pass if just bull if you ask me. You have well over 100 days a year for under $200. While someone living outside of the southern California zone has to pay more. Tell me how that is fair? So you are saying because you live in the Southern California zone you are privileged enough to pay less for the park than everyone else? Not everyone can afford an annual pass (outside of Southern California), some people only go every 5 years and save those entire 5 years to go that one time. It is the facts of life.

And yes I think it is a big inconvenience to have the parking lot and park full of guests that only paid dollars to get in compared to everyone else because they live in that area.
                                        --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X