Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Leopardchucks' first ever trip report!

Hey all! I hope you enjoy my very first trip report! I must warn you - there are a few smooching shots! Newly engaged couples do a lot of kissing!

The folks in the pix are myself, my fella, my little brother (his first visit to DLR!) and my son. We had such an awesome time. We were there for my birthday from November 18th-November 22nd.

First, we left Vegas a little later than planned....a smidge hungover. But when we finally got to So Cal, we were wanting to stretch our legs. We stopped at the Santa Monica pier before heading to our hotel in Gardne Grove.

Gumby (my son's nickname) is sooo glad to be out of the car!

Santa Monica Pier at night

These barnacle things were totally gross. When I poked at them with my finger, they started to contract and curl up into themselves! It was kinda like touching Davey Jones' beardy-tentacles! Ew!

Smooches under the pier.."under the boardwalk" by the Drifters comes to mind...heh heh

Gumby in the waves

Cuddles...Where did his clothes go?!

In the car....on the way to the hotel....soooo sleepy.

More to come!!!
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Re: Leopardchucks' first ever trip report!

HAHA Great pics, can't wait to read more.

Comment

Cute pics. Can't wait for more!
      sigpic
      Home away from Home.

Comment

Alright...we got a good night's sleep and hit the park bright and early.

I had to go to Town Hall for a GAC (Gumby is severely autistic) and to get our celebrate buttons. The girl who helped us was so pleasant. It was my birthday, I was newly engaged, and we wanted a pin for Patrisck (my bro) to celebrate his first trip to the park. While I was inside, Gumby busied himself with climbing on things.

Here I come! I got a tad misty-eyed right after this one was taken. It was sinking in...I was finally at DISNEYLAND!!!

We wanted POTC to be Patrick's first-ever ride. We decided to wander through Adventureland to get to NOS. Had to take a potty break, so Gumby began climbing again!

After POTC and HMH fastpass gathering, we head to Splash Mountain. It's Gumby's fave and when it's chilly out, it's a freakin' walk-on.

"Was that a flash?"

"It was a flash!" :rant:

"Cool it with the flash photos!!!" :rules:

Please forgive fiance of Leopardchucks. He was ignorant to the rules up until I corrected him. Those are the only flash photos of a ride you will see in this trip report. :blush:

Comment

Cool beans! Can't wait to see the rest.

Comment

I like barnacles. They're so weird.

Comment

For our first Splash pic, we decided to go with the classic - "Horrified".

Then we sloshed on over to Winnie The Pooh. It was anticlimatic, but I did like the bumbling movement of our 'bee-hicle'. The grandparents seated behind us had to comfort their lil grand-offspring for the remainder of the ride after the Heffalump and Woozle room. She was screaming like a burn victim! I felt like screaming after seeing the Heffalump (or Woozle?) with the harp made out of dripping snot! Gross!

Since we had some time to kill before hitting the Haunted Mansion, we trekked over to IASW. I tested the zoom on our new camera when the clock chimed!

"That tunnel up ahead looks grim. Did they add a loop in the holiday overlay?!"

"We aren't scared of a wussy loop."

Well, there was no loop (whew!), but the family in the boat in front of us left trash in their boat. I hate seeing that. I would have grabbed it, but the boat was too far for me to reach...I just loudly mentioned to nobody in particular that there are "trash cans everywhere".

Comment

Great pictures and great TR so far! I'm excited for the rest! [=

~Lianna~

Comment

We hit up Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin next. In the queue we smelled something terribly foul. It lingered longer than a simple toot, so I assumed someone busted open a stink bomb. My fella and brother thought it was intentional 'theming' since we were by the vats of bubbling DIP. Well...it turns out that Gumby totally had an 'accident' of such epic proportions I had to purchase some new 'emergency' threads. How embarassing!

Then we hit up the Main Street Indian on our way to DCA. Note the new outfit below:

We frolicked with Lightning McQueen.

Got a fast pass for Soarin' and headed over to GRR. Last year, Gumby was too short....but not now! It was awesome! We got soaked and I bought a much lusted-after coonskin cap!

We figured we'd just make the rounds and go in abig circle to get to Soarin' again. So we headed to Paradise Pier. I love it there. I know a lot of folks don't, but I'm a big sucker for beachy amusement. I'm also gaga for carousels.

My brother and I waiting for blast off on Maliboomer. Is that plastic shield for vomit? WTF? We are both so upset that we can not pick our noses, we are screaming!

Midway Mania had an insane-o line, so we hopped aboard Triton's Carousel. Here's Private First Class Patrick Bishop on a cutesy pink dolphin. I salute my ARMY brother! If his platoon could see him now!

Comment

Great TR! Looks like you had too much fun!

Every time I see that wooden Indian on Main Street, it reminds me of the storefronts when I was a little kid. The song Kaw-Liga by Hank Williams always pops into my head as well.

I'm glad your brother got to come along. He'll have pleasant memories to get him through the hard times, especially if he goes overseas.

Thanks for sharing your adventure.

Rob

Comment

Looks like fun!! thanks for sharing!

Comment

Congrats on the engagement! Can't wait to see more!

Comment

Thank you! Thank you! Was "Kaw-Liga" a Hank Williams song? I thought it was Johnny Horton...I dunno.

After a quick ride on Screamin', we checked out thet store with all th carousel animals in it. Patrick bought a hoodie and a beanie that any person can buy in any mall in the world. *yawn* DC/Quicksilver items are boring. I can't believe Disney is hawking the to pseudo surfer set. Lame.

We went on Soarin'. That was fantastic! Usually Gumby is pretty brave with attractions, but this one really made him nervous. We were in the bench/vehicle/thing ALL the way to left, in the very front. There is a not-so-hidden Mickey in the floor right there.

After that, we wanted ....NEEDED some beer. So we got this pic on our way to the brewery cart.

We sipped the beer. We got free tortillas...which Gumby proceeded to inhale. And then we sat around waiting to see the Pixar Play Parade. OMG. I totally boo-hooed during the performance. I get really emo with Disney involved. Since Pixar films are most of the only ones Gumby will actually sit down for, they have a special place in my heart. The dancers came over to say "hi" and Gumby actually said 'hi' to Nemo and Mr. Incredible!!! It was really awesome. The dancers didn't know he was 'special needs', but their special attentioon to him really made my night! Thank you PPP performers!!! This family loves you!

Comment

I imagine a lot of artists have done Kaw-Liga, the Hank Williams version is on YouTube though. It's the one I remember from many years ago.

Rob

P.S. It sounds like you and your sweetie would be a TOTAL BLAST to go to DL with!!!
                            Last edited by micromind; 11-29-2009, 04:23 PM. Reason: Added P. S.

Comment

[QUOTE]

Midway Mania had an insane-o line, so we hopped aboard Triton's Carousel. Here's Private First Class Patrick Bishop on a cutesy pink dolphin. I salute my ARMY brother! If his platoon could see him now!
                              [/QUOTE/]

hahaha i like the pink ones! whats wrong with that.. real men ride pink!
                              Last edited by mrbean; 11-29-2009, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I'm impressed at how you and your soldier bro conquered everything from the Maliboomer to a pink carousel dolphin... not a feat for the faint hearted. Next trip. I want to see you pass through the small world holiday loop! :thumbup:

Between your wife and Gumby, you have an adorable family. Glad your son loves Splash Mountain. That's my favorite, too.

Hope that you had a chance to see some of the killer diller shows and parades... especially the revamped Fantasmic!, the Aladdin play, and the Electrical Parade.
                                To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post

Between your wife and Gumby, you have an adorable family. Glad your son loves Splash Mountain. That's my favorite, too.

Hope that you had a chance to see some of the killer diller shows and parades... especially the revamped Fantasmic!, the Aladdin play, and the Electrical Parade.
                                  Ummmm...I AM the wife. The Electrical Parade was not going when we were there.
                                  Last edited by leopardchucks; 11-29-2009, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leopardchucks View Post
                                    Ummmm...I AM the wife. The Electrical Prade was not going when we were there.
                                    Well, technically you are the fiance. That's a unisex title. Don't mind Ride Warrior, he's gender challenged.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                                      Well, technically you are the fiance. That's a unisex title. Don't mind Ride Warrior, he's gender challenged.
                                      My sis has a vagina so she would be the wife in the relationship. They could be married already with all the kissing. You would have thought they were on thier honeymoon
                                      Last edited by mrbean; 11-29-2009, 05:00 PM. Reason: correct grammer

Comment

Originally posted by mrbean View Post
                                        my sis has a vagina so she would be a the wife in the relationship. plus they could be married already with all the kissing.. u would have thought they were on thier honeymoon
                                        While I am not upset by the use of the V word, some might be. So beware the of the mods. They only want what is best for this 'family' site.

And welcome!! I love you!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X