This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Critter Country Needs "The Cracklin' Fire"

I'm a natural-born chilly-bones, which means that I can only ride Splash Mountain on bright, sunny afternoons when I have plenty of time to dry, and plenty of sun to dry in.

I would like to see, immediately accessible from the exit of Splash Mountain, an establishment called "The Cracklin' Fire" where they have a large fireplace (real or excellently fake) where drenched people can dry off quickly and in comfort.

This place should also sell hot cocoa and other beverages that have words like "spiced" and "mulled" in their name.

If this existed, cloudy days and after-dark might become my favorite times to ride, because sometimes its more enjoyable to get warm and dry after you've been wet and cold, than it is to have simply been warm and dry all along.

Re: Critter Country Needs "The Cracklin' Fire"

This could be a good idea! It would be appropriatley themed with a bunch of animatronic critters in the weird cottage where the fireplace would be. I like it!

Comment

I would spend time there whether I'd ridden Splash Mountain or not! Chilly winter night, warm fire, hot drinks...yes, as a cold-blooded dragon I would be so there!
      Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
      : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

Amazing idea in many ways. I say build it immediately!

Comment

ooo... that sounds great! so comfy. it should be built in what appears to be the trunk of a tree, operated by it's inhabitants. XD

Comment

Or just put one of these on Splash Mountain after the big drop.

Comment

^now that is CLASS! :P

Comment

It should look like this...
                http://www.oldlogcabins.com/images/details/fireplace.jp

With a few of these
                http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_oVQu1fD_V7...02fcdd2a1e.jpg

Last edited by NeverNeverland; 11-29-2009, 06:00 PM. Reason: hotlinked photos removed

Comment

Wow, darn fine idea!

Comment

^^PERFECT! great excuse to bring back some of those old country bear animitronics.

Comment

Now there's an idea. Bring back the Country Bear Jamboree in a smaller cabin in the woods, connected to the exit path of Splash Mountain.

Comment

I love this idea!

You know, maybe they could connect this with Hungry Bear in some way, too...

Comment

Well there is a faux fireplace near the exit. It looks the same as the one near the entrance. If only it were real..

Comment

There's an outdoor fireplace at my local mall that is just perfect on a winter evening. I wouldn't mind getting a few of these either in one central location or just scattered all around critter country:

Comment

Fire, not a bad idea - start with the pooh ride, and put back the country bears.

replace the pooh greeting area with the fireplace.

And then replace the current Splash logs, with the previous version, that kept you considerably more dry!
                              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Didymus View Post
                                There's an outdoor fireplace at my local mall that is just perfect on a winter evening. I wouldn't mind getting a few of these either in one central location or just scattered all around critter country:

They have some similar fireplaces at The District in Tustin as well. Their not quite as large, but there are multiple ones.

Comment

actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. Was at the park on black friday with a friend and we made the somewhat idiotic mistake of riding splash mountain. We were talking about how there should be a ride immediately after splash that you go through called fire moutain or something lol.

"How do I depreciate this rock?"

Comment

Originally posted by Waking Beauty View Post
                                    I'm a natural-born chilly-bones, which means that I can only ride Splash Mountain on bright, sunny afternoons when I have plenty of time to dry, and plenty of sun to dry in.

I would like to see, immediately accessible from the exit of Splash Mountain, an establishment called "The Cracklin' Fire" where they have a large fireplace (real or excellently fake) where drenched people can dry off quickly and in comfort.

This place should also sell hot cocoa and other beverages that have words like "spiced" and "mulled" in their name.

If this existed, cloudy days and after-dark might become my favorite times to ride, because sometimes its more enjoyable to get warm and dry after you've been wet and cold, than it is to have simply been warm and dry all along.
                                    A simply wonderful idea!! I second this enthusiastically! (especially the "spiced" and "mulled"!!) :thumbup:
                                    My Armchair Imagineering threads:

Collaborations:

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
                                      I love this idea!

You know, maybe they could connect this with Hungry Bear in some way, too...
                                      Don't give them any ideas. Much like a sliced tomato, they could charge us .99 cents to get dry.

Comment

Makes me think of the huge fireplace in the lobby of the Grand Californian. Nothin' better than cozying up with someone special next to that with a hot chocolate (or in my case a Haggen Dazs pnut butter/choc shake).
                                        "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X