X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub_Voyage fan
    replied
    Re: Projected Tron Theme For PeopleMover Replacement

Wall-E would work. But do we really need another pixar attraction in the land of the future?

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied

Pm should have a Tron Theme (or make a Tron ride) since Ton will have at least 3 more movies. But if Tron is getting its own ride make it Wall-E Themed.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyManiac
    replied

I put other because I just want it to be like the original with a few improvements (such as making the vehicles more futuristic.)

Leave a comment:

• FigmentJedi
    replied

Robinsons would be a good choice for a theme. And besides the Peoplemover, the whole design aesthetic of that future in general would look fantastic for a Tomorrowland makeover.

Leave a comment:

• e4skins
    replied

I loved the idea of Rocket Rods! Peoplemover was too slow and didnt keep up with modern technology. Rocket rods was flashy, cool, fast, and fun. what I think they should do is rebuild the track with banked turns but also extend the whole track.
    Get rid of astro blasters and make that the que again. Astro blasters is not a success so i dont know many people that would be upset with them getting rid of that.

subs and captain eo were brought back years later, why not rocket rods? Dont do a movie tie in either. Rocket rods would suck with a movie tie in!

Leave a comment:

• DLFreak71
    replied

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Well .. they are keeping a pretty tight lip on whatever they may have in mind. I'm hoping for a Peoplemover 2.0

Same basic principle as before ..... riding at a nice leisurely 6 mph .. but with all new look.

No toon tie in!
    No live-action film tie in, either.

Kept family friendly .. with "family friendly" speeds ... giving nice bird's eye view of the land for 15 minutes. Not a minute less than the original!
    Agree
    Didn't vote b/c I didn't see an answer I liked. All movie tie-ins (basically)

Leave a comment:

• A113
    replied

Originally posted by stitchon View Post
    I've been recommending a TRON Lightcycles-themed Vekoma Booster Bike ride for longest time... I'd love a ride like that.
    A Vekoma Bike at Disney Park? Really good idea but, seriously, ew. The parks have enough Vekomas. Honestly, the concept is cool but considering Disney there will be a really low chance of it happening.

Leave a comment:

• disneyencore
    replied

The Tron idea sounds great except theyd have to figure out the daylight problem though.

Leave a comment:

• CoffeeIsLife
    replied

Same basic principle as before...riding at a nice leisurely 6 mph...but with all new look.

No toon tie in! No live-action film tie in, either.

Kept family friendly .. with "family friendly" speeds ... giving nice bird's eye view of the land for 15 minutes.
    Not a minute less than the original!
    Seconded.

Leave a comment:

• merlinjones
    replied

>>It wasn't the case in Rocket Rods.<<

Nor Pooh nor Toy Story, etc. - - but it SHOULD have been!

Leave a comment:

• WestsideCM99
    replied

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
    >>I would love to see the majority of the revitalization budget go towards updating the show effects and sound technology for the attraction.<<

This should always be the case!
    It wasn't the case in Rocket Rods.

Leave a comment:

• merlinjones
    replied

>>I would love to see the majority of the revitalization budget go towards updating the show effects and sound technology for the attraction.<<

This should always be the case!

Leave a comment:

• WestsideCM99
    replied

I personally would like to see the old peoplemover style vehicles return as long as OSHA regulations don't make them feel like a sweat prison inside, otherwise I'm all about making it Tron'ned out. I would love to see the majority of the revitalization budget go towards updating the show effects and sound technology for the attraction. Rocket Rods was an extreme failure in regards to theming and I would be dissappointed to see something like this happen to any peoplemover revitalization project.

Leave a comment:

• merlinjones
    replied

Of the established choices, I'd go for:

1) The Incredibles Pods -- The design and speed of enclosed egg-shaped vehicles that swivel and rotate totally fit ultramodern Tomorrowland on an outdoor track and take advantage of the scenic Tomorrowland views.

2) TRON Light Cycles -- I've always loved this theme best - - and the design of the original movie, and used to imagine just such a ride up there -- But after the RocketRods I fear for the success of a fast ride up there - I imagine it would have to involve "virtual" solutions.

3) I'm all for a simple PeopleMover with expanded indoor TRON scenes and super speed tunnels - maybe with 3-D effects.

By the way - - I'd encourage those with vivid Imaginations to keep dreaming and posting -- the original ideas are fabulous and fun to read. Insiders DO read them even if they don't act on them - - and even if they didn't -- never let bossy voices kill your creativity -- particularly in a forum in which they have no influence or control. There is always the corporate world for them.

Share your dreams!

Keep the fires of creativity and speculation burning at all times, no matter who complains!!! That's how Tomorrowland should always be! That's the Tomorrowland we can create together - - even if only in our imaginations.

Leave a comment:

• disneyjedi1
    replied

but that still doesn't explain why there are lightcycles in the real world... i probably should stop repeating this... But it's my main issue with the idea for the attraction. I'm fine if they can convincingly tell a story and explain to guests why the lightcycles are there.

Leave a comment:

• MarkTwain
    replied

Now back on "ideas" for the Peoplemover track!

LOL

:lol:

But seriously .. what I enjoy are the topics where we are trying to get into the minds at Imagineering to figure out what they actually got conjuring up for the future.

And I'm trying to think this out logically, practically, and pragmatically .. and come to some conclusion as to what will work on the Peoplemover track.

Disney's own idea here - Light Cycles is great. But Earth is not on 24 hour dark cycles .. now is it?

We do have daylight. LOL

So therefore ... an idea where more than half the theme reliant on darkness .. is not exactly PRACTICAL.
    Are you familiar with virtual reality helmets? Or the Aladdin "simulator" at DisneyQuest at WDW? Where basically, a computerized helmet lowers over your head and feeds different images to both of your eyes, creating a 3D image.

What if they combined this visual "helmet" effect with the Rocket Rod ride system, with helmets stylized to the one like the Light Cyclist wears here:

When guests board the ride, the helmet would lower each person's eyes, and as guests sped the track they would "see" the 3D world of Tron. Then when the guests rode inside the Innoventions building, the helmet would come off and they would see the real 3D world of Tron.

This way, guests would get to have exciting, realistic ride through Tron, while the outdoor PeopleMover would get to maintain its visual kinetics.

I'm armchairing my own Tomorrowland, which features something more like a blend between the Incredipods and PeopleMover, so this is just an idea... uh, or a suggestion...

Actually, would this be considered an "idea" or are we getting into the minds of Imagineers here? :lol:
    Last edited by MarkTwain; 12-02-2009, 09:11 PM. Reason: can't seem to get my semantics right

Leave a comment:

• Tomorrowland_1967
    replied

Now .. Tony Baxter is no idiot. An imagineer of the 00's, 90s, 80s, AND 70s ... I'm sure he must have thought out that issue.

So .... if it's in his plan to include a "Tron" type attraction .. hopefully ... it will be something totally contained within it's own showbuilding. And the Peoplemover track saved for a non-thrill, low speed attraction, as I feel it should be.

Leave a comment:

• disneyjedi1
    replied

That and we're out in the real world and not that of the computer.

Leave a comment:

• Tomorrowland_1967
    replied

Now back on "ideas" for the Peoplemover track!

LOL

:lol:

But seriously .. what I enjoy are the topics where we are trying to get into the minds at Imagineering to figure out what they actually got conjuring up for the future.

And I'm trying to think this out logically, practically, and pragmatically .. and come to some conclusion as to what will work on the Peoplemover track.

Disney's own idea here - Light Cycles is great. But Earth is not on 24 hour dark cycles .. now is it?

We do have daylight. LOL

So therefore ... an idea where more than half the theme reliant on darkness .. is not exactly PRACTICAL.

Leave a comment:

• Tomorrowland_1967
    replied

I think it's great that there are plenty people who do have fertile imaginations ... I do think though .. the amount of "ideas" topics in Micechat get a bit overwhelming at times ... when I know for fact that there's a 99.999999 percent chance .. none of those ideas will ever happen. And if they do .. that's only because of coincidence.

I'm not head of micechat .. but if I could pass on a suggestion to the administrators I would suggest a different word for the "IDEA" topics.

It's a nice thought to think imagineers come to this forum to get ideas from it. But they are also aware of the problems that come from that too .. and I'm willing to bet the farm .. they would rather protect their jobs than "borrow" ideas from bloggers.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X