This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you like Celebrate! ASP

It's just weird seeing the characters out of their element. Get what I am saying?? I mean, it's just odd seing Peter Pan and Wendy doing the Twist.

Comment

^ i dont think its that weird
      personaly i think its a nice twist on things

Comment

I am not a fan of CASP. I can understand Disney trying to appeal to a younger crowed but I believe they went about it the wrong way. My first thoughts on the show was that it was Chaotic and Messy with out any real sense of character. With everything going on I really didn't know what to focus on. The singers with the mics were mediocre at best and having three of them only added to the confusion. Many of the Characters were out of place and doing things completely out of character. Mary Poppins should not be doing the conga to Ricky Martin. I'm not biased to POD, but that was better by leaps and bounds. I understand that there may be people that have never seen POD dreams but they are in the minority. On any given day APs and Locals who have seen POD out weigh the number of people who haven't. Not to mention people who Vacation from WDW and have experienced superior shows and parades to CASP. So it stands to reason that Disney should strive to make these people happy. If Disney can do that then they know they have a winning show and others would love it as well.
        "Buy the ticket, Take the ride."

Comment

I have said this send the day it came out I HATE IT. Like others have said the music with the character don't mix well the music would fit better with the Pixar characters. I'm glad they didn't put the Prince and Princess in the parade. I couldn't watch Cinderella dancing to the twist or Rickey Martain's song and even the floats are bad. The only thing I would give rescept to is the dancers. I'm gald this is finally over with. This parade makes me sick. I like to :mob::yuck::bash:

Comment

This parade is not even over. It's coming back
            yay!

Comment

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
              This parade is not even over. It's coming back
              yay!
              Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh, that's what I heard. First thought was, "Nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I guess there will be no 55th Anniversary parade.

Comment

I like to burn that parade.

Comment

I'm eagerly awaiting the return of C!ASP, hopefully in addition to a new "traditional" parade in the future!
                  Can't wait to "start pumpin' up the party now!!"...........again! :yea:

Comment

DL was the weirdest schedule. I think this is the first year DLR has Fireworks or Fantasmic! show when the park closes.
                    btw Celebrate! returns jan. 4. I think. and R.... DCT is on jan 8.

I remember last year, it was only Fantasmic! in Jan.
                    No Parade(do to construction) or Fireworks.

Comment

Originally posted by mandypandy View Post
                      From what I can see by previous posts, most think that C!ASP is a "disgrace" as a parade or that "Disneyland could do so much better." But really, that is in your opinion as an extreme Disney fan. If you looked at the parade from someone else's perspective, like someone who's visiting Disneyland for the first time or only goes a few times a year (like most of its visitors) and not as informed about previous Disneyland parades or entertainment, then perhaps you'd see something different. Most of the opinions are based on PoD because that parade was extremely well done and unforgettable. However, to those who've never seen nor heard of it, they wouldn't even know a difference. If you who really cannot stand C!ASP took a few minutes to tune out the "annoying" songs, and looked around at the audience, you'd see how captivated and entertained they are- and really, isn't that the point? to entertain the majority and make those who visit Disneyland happy? I mean I know that the little kids love it, you can simply tell by the amused expression on their faces as they're handed a drum or are invited to join the show. Just because you, a die-hard Disneyland fan, doesn't enjoy it and thinks its a waste doesn't mean that others will agree with you. For the most part, a majority of the guests seem to like it because C!ASP is a different kind of parade and allows the guests to be apart of the fun and dance a long. So please don't compare it to the other parades in the past because obviously it's much different. Disneyland still has the "A Christmas Fantasy" Parade, and DCA has the Pixar Play Parade, so for right now let us enjoy C!ASP while it lasts
                      I couldn't have said better myself

Comment

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
                        I love that parade but maybe cus it's aimed for kids/teens(me).
                        I disagree.
                        I think they tried to aim it to teens, but failed miserably. For instance, I don't know anyone my age who likes the song I Love Rock and Roll.
                        For kids, it might be okay. The first time I saw it, I thought of Kidz Bop in parade form. But IMO their parades should appeal to everyone, not just a portion of their audience.

Comment

Celebrate is a TERRIBLE excuse for not having a real parade at Disneyland.

However, if they had a "Real" parade, I'd have no problem with this "Street Party" as an additional daily offering. It is cute enough and with a fun soundtrack. BUT it is NOT a parade and is obviously a budget cutting effort gown awry.

The folks involved in cutting Disneyland quality parades should be ashamed of themselves.
                          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                          Save

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X