X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dustysage
    replied
    Re: Do you like Celebrate! ASP

Celebrate is a TERRIBLE excuse for not having a real parade at Disneyland.

However, if they had a "Real" parade, I'd have no problem with this "Street Party" as an additional daily offering. It is cute enough and with a fun soundtrack. BUT it is NOT a parade and is obviously a budget cutting effort gown awry.

The folks involved in cutting Disneyland quality parades should be ashamed of themselves.

Leave a comment:

• JungleCruiseFan
    replied

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
    I love that parade but maybe cus it's aimed for kids/teens(me).
    I disagree.
    I think they tried to aim it to teens, but failed miserably. For instance, I don't know anyone my age who likes the song I Love Rock and Roll.
    For kids, it might be okay. The first time I saw it, I thought of Kidz Bop in parade form. But IMO their parades should appeal to everyone, not just a portion of their audience.

Leave a comment:

• Dlandclub33
    replied

Originally posted by mandypandy View Post
    From what I can see by previous posts, most think that C!ASP is a "disgrace" as a parade or that "Disneyland could do so much better." But really, that is in your opinion as an extreme Disney fan. If you looked at the parade from someone else's perspective, like someone who's visiting Disneyland for the first time or only goes a few times a year (like most of its visitors) and not as informed about previous Disneyland parades or entertainment, then perhaps you'd see something different. Most of the opinions are based on PoD because that parade was extremely well done and unforgettable. However, to those who've never seen nor heard of it, they wouldn't even know a difference. If you who really cannot stand C!ASP took a few minutes to tune out the "annoying" songs, and looked around at the audience, you'd see how captivated and entertained they are- and really, isn't that the point? to entertain the majority and make those who visit Disneyland happy? I mean I know that the little kids love it, you can simply tell by the amused expression on their faces as they're handed a drum or are invited to join the show. Just because you, a die-hard Disneyland fan, doesn't enjoy it and thinks its a waste doesn't mean that others will agree with you. For the most part, a majority of the guests seem to like it because C!ASP is a different kind of parade and allows the guests to be apart of the fun and dance a long. So please don't compare it to the other parades in the past because obviously it's much different. Disneyland still has the "A Christmas Fantasy" Parade, and DCA has the Pixar Play Parade, so for right now let us enjoy C!ASP while it lasts
    I couldn't have said better myself

Leave a comment:

• DannyLand
    replied

DL was the weirdest schedule. I think this is the first year DLR has Fireworks or Fantasmic! show when the park closes.
    btw Celebrate! returns jan. 4. I think. and R.... DCT is on jan 8.

I remember last year, it was only Fantasmic! in Jan.
    No Parade(do to construction) or Fireworks.

Leave a comment:

• Sir Didymus
    replied

I'm eagerly awaiting the return of C!ASP, hopefully in addition to a new "traditional" parade in the future!
    Can't wait to "start pumpin' up the party now!!"...........again! :yea:

Leave a comment:

• Capt Hook
    replied

I like to burn that parade.

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Tasmic!
    replied

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
    This parade is not even over. It's coming back
    yay!
    Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh, that's what I heard. First thought was, "Nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I guess there will be no 55th Anniversary parade.

Leave a comment:

• DannyLand
    replied

This parade is not even over. It's coming back
    yay!

Leave a comment:

• Capt Hook
    replied

I have said this send the day it came out I HATE IT. Like others have said the music with the character don't mix well the music would fit better with the Pixar characters. I'm glad they didn't put the Prince and Princess in the parade. I couldn't watch Cinderella dancing to the twist or Rickey Martain's song and even the floats are bad. The only thing I would give rescept to is the dancers. I'm gald this is finally over with. This parade makes me sick. I like to :mob::yuck::bash:

Leave a comment:

• Gonzotigger
    replied

I am not a fan of CASP. I can understand Disney trying to appeal to a younger crowed but I believe they went about it the wrong way. My first thoughts on the show was that it was Chaotic and Messy with out any real sense of character. With everything going on I really didn't know what to focus on. The singers with the mics were mediocre at best and having three of them only added to the confusion. Many of the Characters were out of place and doing things completely out of character. Mary Poppins should not be doing the conga to Ricky Martin. I'm not biased to POD, but that was better by leaps and bounds. I understand that there may be people that have never seen POD dreams but they are in the minority. On any given day APs and Locals who have seen POD out weigh the number of people who haven't. Not to mention people who Vacation from WDW and have experienced superior shows and parades to CASP. So it stands to reason that Disney should strive to make these people happy. If Disney can do that then they know they have a winning show and others would love it as well.

Leave a comment:

• CelebrateYou
    replied

^ i dont think its that weird
    personaly i think its a nice twist on things

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Tasmic!
    replied

It's just weird seeing the characters out of their element. Get what I am saying?? I mean, it's just odd seing Peter Pan and Wendy doing the Twist.

Leave a comment:

• Rocker
    replied

I am not a fan of this parade at all. The whole thing is cheap, all of the characters don't fit, the music is not appealing, and Disney can do much better than this.

Leave a comment:

• OhanasRules
    replied

I like it. It's fun, energetic, and brings a lot of life into the area it's in. I'll always love the traditional parade, but I like the idea of changing it up very once in a while. This feels fresh and different.

I would though like for them to go back to movie specific parades other than the latest way to display every disney character they have in house. I thought Mulan & Hercules parades were fun.

Like it or not, a lot of the modern things like C:ASP and BBB are gonna pop in every once in a while. Can't just appeal to the purists.

Leave a comment:

• mandypandy
    replied

From what I can see by previous posts, most think that C!ASP is a "disgrace" as a parade or that "Disneyland could do so much better." But really, that is in your opinion as an extreme Disney fan. If you looked at the parade from someone else's perspective, like someone who's visiting Disneyland for the first time or only goes a few times a year (like most of its visitors) and not as informed about previous Disneyland parades or entertainment, then perhaps you'd see something different. Most of the opinions are based on PoD because that parade was extremely well done and unforgettable. However, to those who've never seen nor heard of it, they wouldn't even know a difference. If you who really cannot stand C!ASP took a few minutes to tune out the "annoying" songs, and looked around at the audience, you'd see how captivated and entertained they are- and really, isn't that the point? to entertain the majority and make those who visit Disneyland happy? I mean I know that the little kids love it, you can simply tell by the amused expression on their faces as they're handed a drum or are invited to join the show. Just because you, a die-hard Disneyland fan, doesn't enjoy it and thinks its a waste doesn't mean that others will agree with you. For the most part, a majority of the guests seem to like it because C!ASP is a different kind of parade and allows the guests to be apart of the fun and dance a long. So please don't compare it to the other parades in the past because obviously it's much different. Disneyland still has the "A Christmas Fantasy" Parade, and DCA has the Pixar Play Parade, so for right now let us enjoy C!ASP while it lasts

Leave a comment:

• leslie_537
    replied

I think it is fun maybe to run during the summer or something. But I would still like a traditional totally awesome Disney parade!

Leave a comment:

• Ice101
    replied

First off it isn't a parade. And as PoD's replacement, it is absolutely pathetic.

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Tasmic!
    replied

Originally posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
    I love this parade too. If only PoD could of stayed for the daytime parade and CASP could run at night! Heaven for me!
    Originally posted by stevo505 View Post
    No. I think it's awful, boring, tacky, cheesy, and annoying. It is a disgrace to Disneyland parades.
    If you can call it a "parade." It's a Street Party. I am not fond of it. I shake my head in shame for it. It's probablty because I am biased towards POD. I loved it. It utilizes the WHOLE parade route, C!ASP does not. I agree with everything Stevo says that it is cheesy and annoying, like HSM!! I avoid both of them at all cost, like the plague!

Leave a comment:

• PeaceLoveEeyore
    replied

Originally posted by mandypandy View Post
    Wow, you took the words right out of my mouth. I agree with everything you just stated and couldn't have said it better myself.
    Thank you, I try!

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥;
    I'm a teen, but that doesn't mean I can't be a Disney die-hard fan, and I hate it. I'm obsessed with Miley Cyrus, but keep her and her songs out of the park, as well as the Disney channel stuff(unless its REAL Disney Channel, like Talespin or even something like House of Mouse!)
    My only thing with that is this: What really is the difference between Talespin in the 90's and Hanna Montana of the 2000s? I mean there are obvious reasons (i.e. animation vs live action, Jungle Book movie based vs Hanna Montana movie based on TV show) but when you think of society and culture back in the 90's someone was thinking the same thing.

To a certain degree we must look to our past to see our future, but on the other hand, if we keep comparing back and forth, we'll never go anywhere.

I'd like to declare myself a die-hard Disney fan, but ever since discovering this site, to announce myself that would be disgraceful to the true die-hard fans. But I still think this all is a matter of perspective.

Leave a comment:

• ChessurInWonderland
    replied

I'm a teen, but that doesn't mean I can't be a Disney die-hard fan, and I hate it. I'm obsessed with Miley Cyrus, but keep her and her songs out of the park, as well as the Disney channel stuff(unless its REAL Disney Channel, like Talespin or even something like House of Mouse!)

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X