Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

What's the next E-Ticket attraction for Disneyland park?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's the next E-Ticket attraction for Disneyland park?

Originally posted by Matterhorn Boy View Post
    An omnimover attraction like that would be amazing as well.
    You mean like this:

Original artwork for the Living Seas pavilion .. which probably dates around 1978,1979.

Apparently ... too ambitious. And if it was too ambitious then .. imagine their reaction to such an idea today?

" IT HAS TO BE MARKETED TO A POPULAR TOON! "

HENCE:

Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 12-01-2009, 09:31 PM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Why don't they just make the whole area from the submarine lagoon to the Motor Boat Cruise lagoon into a new land, based on the oceans? Like Aqualand or LivingSeas or something. Make Tomorrowland just be the area with the buildings. Make the ocean-based area like a condensed version of DisneySea, or the Living Seas, with several water-based rides and one major E-ticket, possibly a volcano with a roller coaster in it, that also has an underwater section going through a glass tube. It's OK for a landmark like the volcano to be visible from outside the park. The Monorail and Peoplemover could still travel above the new Aqualand, they wouldn't interfere with anything. And they could just move Autopia over to the new Carsland in DCA. Autopia could fit in almost anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
        Why don't they just make the whole area from the submarine lagoon to the Motor Boat Cruise lagoon into a new land, based on the oceans? Like Aqualand or LivingSeas or something. Make Tomorrowland just be the area with the buildings. Make the ocean-based area like a condensed version of DisneySea, or the Living Seas, with several water-based rides and one major E-ticket, possibly a volcano with a roller coaster in it, that also has an underwater section going through a glass tube. It's OK for a landmark like the volcano to be visible from outside the park. The Monorail and Peoplemover could still travel above the new Aqualand, they wouldn't interfere with anything. And they could just move Autopia over to the new Carsland in DCA. Autopia could fit in almost anywhere.

But you can't mess with a Walt attraction.

Plus it, maybe, but don't destroy it and put the concept somewhere else.

one hundred and one

Comment

Originally posted by Vashsky666 View Post
          There were talks of a new big E Ticket Attraction being built in Tomorrowland by Tony Baxter, stretching all the way to the eastern edge of the park just before Harvard Blvd. It would replace Innoventions and Autopia and have the DLRR passing right through it.

It's located here, about half way through:

MiceAge.com - A different look at Disney...
          haha "Harvard Blvd"?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
            What you don't know .. is the company actually came close to doing something on that level. As a WDI-Anaheim imagineer told me of plans they had in the late 80s.

There must be artwork of such an idea where the entire North/East quadrant of DL would have been wiped out .. with a massive change like we couldn't imagine.

Well ... I'm hoping something happens in the future .. because there's nothing about this area that represents anything futuristic anymore. Subs have been rendered a "Fantasyland" type experience. Autopia futuristic? Yeah, right. Motor Boat Cruise area still closed since the boats "left dock" in 1992. Almost 18 years now.

I'm not interested in making yet another arm-chair imagineering discussion here. But discuss a practical solution that should be addressed someday ... and remodel the area to be a "transitional" land between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. An "aqua" land would fit the bill ... as Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage sits in the middle of both lands ... with an "aqua" type theming partially already there.

They need to continue it ... and make the area more cohesive with a uniform theme that takes it from Motor Boat Cruise area ... to Tomorrowland RailRoad station.
            Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 12-01-2009, 09:54 PM.
            MY SIGNATURE:
            Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Sydney Harbour?^

one hundred and one

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
                But you can't mess with a Walt attraction.

Plus it, maybe, but don't destroy it and put the concept somewhere else.
                Well, there were several "Walt" attractions that have come and gone. What would you call Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland, along with the original "Rocket to the Moon" or House of the Future?

Walt also believed in progress.

Do we hold on to our feelings of nostalgia and hold Tomorrowland back from progressing?
                MY SIGNATURE:

Comment

But they have messed with Walt attractions... Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland, Adventure Thru Inner Space, Skyway, Motor Boat Cruise, Flying Saucers, Flight to the Moon, Circle-Vision 360, Skull Rock, Keel Boats, Conestoga Wagons, Pack Mules, Indian Village, etc.

Anyway, they could move Autopia over to the new Carsland if they wanted to. They would still have Autopia so nobody could really complain. They could make an entire new land in the area shaded (purposely) in aqua:

They could even consider "it's a small world" to be part of the new land, since it is a boat ride on water and it is a "voyage around the world." The new oceanic-based land could be relatively economical, since the lagoons are already there, and they would simply need to add appropriate attractions. They would have to enlarge the lagoons or connect them together, and/or remove the roof off of the submarine's underground show building. But they could hold several attractions, sharing the same real estate in the classic Walt tradition. For example, a ride on the water's surface, like Aquatopia at Tokyo, or some other boat ride, a volcano at the northeastern corner, with a roller coaster or other thrill ride through it (and also the Disneyland Railroad passes through the volcano, adding to its show). An omnimover ride through glass tunnels under the water, and a walk-through similar to the Monterey Bay aquarium (below). A water show at night more like a volcanic eruption and fire effects, nothing like World of Color. Add a restaurant and souvenir shop and you've got your new land all themed-out. A ninth land for the park without having to buy more real estate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                    What would you call Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland, along with the original "Rocket to the Moon" or House of the Future?

Walt also believed in progress.

Do we hold on to our feelings of nostalgia and hold Tomorrowland back from progressing?
                    House of the Future was essentially a temporary walk-through exhibit that overstayed its welcome, not a major attraction. And I honestly don't think the Mine Train should have ever been torn out, and agree with Bob about the status of BTMRR, but that's another topic.

But I think your example of Rocket To The Moon is probably the one that irks me the most about the broken Tomorowland of today. The general concept of the attraction had always existed in the park until the closure of Mission To Mars, and was simply updated several times.

I'm not one to speculate what Walt would have done, but I really don't think he would have torn out the only attraction dealing with spaceflight, hard science and the exploration/colonization of other planets and replaced it with a pizza restaurant. That's not progress.
                    Last edited by Matterhorn Boy; 12-01-2009, 10:56 PM.

Comment

House of the Future was essentially a temporary walk-through exhibit that overstayed its welcome, not a major attraction. .
                      When it opened in 1957 ... it was considered a staple Tomorrowland attraction.

You can say "temporary exhibit that overstayed it's welcome" to:

* Crane Bathroom of Tomorrow
                      * Dutch Boy Color Gallery
                      * Kaiser Hall of Aluminum Fame

... just to name a few.

But there was nothing temporary about House of the Future ... as it was a fixture to DL for an entire decade.

Not that we are arguing any list of other attractions.

It's people holding on to Autopia in a land that needs to progress that I find unnerving.

If there's a group of people who hold extremely tight to their NOSTALGIC feelings and memories of Disneyland .. it's here in these sites from here, to Laughingplace.com, Mouseinfo, etc.

Main Street USA, Adventureland, New Orleans Square, Critter Country, Frontierland, and Fantasyland are lands where NOSTALGIA has it's rightful place.

Tomorrowland is the one land that is anything BUT nostalgic.

Nostalgia is reference to things from the past.

Since when is Tomorrowland suppose to be a land holding on to the past?

And Autopia .. IS an attraction that is routed into the past.

We have 2010 model cars rolling off assembly lines soon. Meanwhile the Autopia line up of vehicles are from 1999/2000. Sound like lawnmowers.

If Autopia isn't Todayland ... it's actually more Yesterdayland.
                      Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 12-01-2009, 10:34 PM.
                      MY SIGNATURE:

Comment

Originally posted by oo_nrb View Post
                        Splash Mountain and the Indiana Jones Adventure would like to have a word with you.
                        I have to agree
                        those were the last two
                        Splash: July 17, 1989 (20 yrs ago - ouch)
                        Indy: March 3, 1995 (14 yrs ago--ok, almost 15)
                        Quote by Al:
                        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                        -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by Vashsky666 View Post
                          Trust me, with some of the things that Disney have changed and gotten rid of in the past (like messing with Walt's jewel named Small World) all bets are off on just exactly WHAT the current Disney suits will mess with.
                          I have to agree
                          and when they do mess w/ the ride
                          that stupid "quote" about Disney changing or not a musuem (pick one) is told to us by exec's to supposedly make the burn less irritating/discomforting.
                          Quote by Al:
                          To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                          -Al Lutz

Comment

I'm not one to speculate what Walt would have done, but I really don't think he would have torn out the only attraction dealing with spaceflight, hard science and the exploration/colonization of other planets and replaced it with a pizza restaurant. That's not progress.
                            Nicely said
                            Quote by Al:
                            -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                              When it opened in 1957 ... it was considered a staple Tomorrowland attraction.

But there was nothing temporary about House of the Future ... as it was a fixture to DL for an entire decade.
                              It may not have been entirely temporary, but I think the only reason it stayed around for so long was the fact that it took up such a small area of space and was pretty popular for those type of exhibits.. Once Monsanto had another attraction sponsorship in the form of ATIS, House of the Future was gutted pretty quickly.

It's people holding on to Autopia in a land that needs to progress that I find unnerving.
                              Transportation is still a compelling aspect of technology and society, and the 21st century will likely be witness to a number of advances and upheavals in its development. The attraction as it stands is outdated, but only in its technology.

Disney is in a wonderful place to make a statement about the future of transportation, and instead has an attraction that resembles any common freeway and presents visitors with the wonderful smell of gasoline fumes. Conceptually Autopia is still very relevant, and the fantasy of being behind the wheel will always appeal to children.

Comment

Originally posted by PeopleMover Eric View Post
                                haha "Harvard Blvd"?
                                Yes Harvard Blvd! It's my own made up Blvd between the Disneyland Resort and Harbor Blvd...

You know what I meant! Geez... )
                                Oh what the future will hold...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X