Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

UPGRADE

The forums will be upgraded to the latest software version on 9/26/17 at 9:30pm PDT. The upgrade should only take a few minutes. During the upgrade you might experience errors, but they will go away once the upgrade is completed. This is not the upgrade/move we have been discussing for the past few months. This is just normal, minor maintenance. Thank you.
2 of 3 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
3 of 3 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

What's the next E-Ticket attraction for Disneyland park?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the next E-Ticket attraction for Disneyland park?

Its been such a long time since Disneyland has had a new E-Ticket ride. Sure, Finding Nemo is cool and all but I really wouldn't consider that an E-Ticket ride at any rate. The last major E ride, in my opinion, was Indiana Jones and that was quite a while ago.

Anyone know any information on this?

• Jon Autopsy
    replied
    Re: What's the next E-Ticket attraction for Disneyland park?

One thing I think that is kind of dissappointing is DLR catering to those who have lots of $, as opposed to using specific areas to add more to the park for the normal joe-blow guest. For instance, how long has the building that housed "Who Wants To Be A Millionarie: Play It" been vacant for? They do use it but only for special occasions; definitely not for a new attraction and definitely not for anything other than special "invite only" events or corporate meetings or whatever else you'd need to rent a big warehouse type building inside of a DLR park for. There just seems to be a lot of unused space around Disneyland and DLR.

Leave a comment:

• mark
    replied

Maybe its not in Tomorrowland. Maybe its a new area where Big Thunder Trail is. A whole new land with an E ticket. I can cream can't I?

Leave a comment:

• Jon Autopsy
    replied

I like the idea of taking out Autopia and adding an attraction along the same lines as it in Carsland. That makes complete sense to me.

Also, definitely in agreement with the fact that Innoventions needs to go. Like, sooner rather than later. That whole area minus Autopia and Innoventions leaves tons of room for something new and extravagant. Even the possibility of a new land as someone mentioned, earlier.

I think our opinions on an E-Ticket attraction vary but the last major attraction that really had massive hype and lived up to it (even to this day) was Indiana Jones. I remember going a few days after it opened and I was so excited because it was MASSIVELY hyped on television, showing the making of the ride and things like that.

But, as someone mentioned, that was well more than a decade ago and, since I'm directing this thread directly at Disneyland park and not DCA, I think it's time for another massive undertaking to bring in an attraction that is going to keep people standing in line for hours on a busy day twenty years from now.

Leave a comment:

• sediment
    replied

Originally posted by Casey Jr View Post
    In the mice age article it doesn't talk about removing autopia, it just talks about the people mover extending OVER autopia. I bet they can change autopia like Hong Kongs, electric vehical, nice landscape. Besides, the ride is still very popular and you can't really put anything else there anyways, it all runs atop the submarine voyage area. Making a new major ride there would be unstable, because of it's location on top of the submarine voyage, plus it would conflict with the monorail and not allow for a new people mover type ride.
    I agree that autopia needs to be converted to electric. I was at a go-cart place out here in Newbury Park. All the cars could all be slowed down to 0 mph at the same time, via a central control system. Pretty sweet.

Anywho, on TOP of Autopia, there could be an e-ticket-level attraction put in. No idea what, but that's not my job. I'm just the location guy. Let the Monorail run through it. WDI, do your thing!

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

I think a lot of people are saying "I've outgrown the autopia, so let's rip it out and put in a thrill ride."

Not going to happen. Maybe electric vehicles will replace the gas guzzlers. Maybe they'll add landscaping. But I'd say the Autopia/Sub combo is going to go forward for many years to come, since the subs came out of mothballs just a few years ago at great expense.

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

Originally posted by Vashsky666 View Post
    Yes Harvard Blvd! It's my own made up Blvd between the Disneyland Resort and Harbor Blvd...

You know what I meant! Geez... )
    Classic. Ivy League answer.

Leave a comment:

• Wally
    replied

Survey saaaaaaaaaaaaaays...... Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln followed by Star Tours 2. For Disneyland Park, that's as far out as things have been officially announced.

Leave a comment:

• animagusurreal
    replied

These are the main reasons you see so many "fantasy-like" attractions within Tomorrowland, because it's a concept that is much more accessible and thus easier to conceive and achieve than an actual realistic prediction of the future. But if you really think about it, that line of thinking really does open the doors to an unfathomable amount of creative force from the Imagineering crew. No longer are we just confined to the once perceived tangible aspects of the future but instead are broadened by an "idealistic" and "Disney-inspired" tomorrow where we really don't know what might take place but are still insured a thrilling and family safe entertaining experience.
    I think the world of science fiction could offer limitless inspiration to Disney Imagineers. I have no problem with Star Tours or a potential Tron attraction in Tomorrowland, and would love to see some original sci-fi inspired attractions. It's things like shoehorning in the ACTION FIGURE Buzz Lightyear (rather than the space ranger) that I don't like.

Leave a comment:

• dead_Mau5
    replied

Originally posted by Casey Jr View Post
    In the mice age article it doesn't talk about removing autopia, it just talks about the people mover extending OVER autopia. I bet they can change autopia like Hong Kongs, electric vehical, nice landscape. Besides, the ride is still very popular and you can't really put anything else there anyways, it all runs atop the submarine voyage area. Making a new major ride there would be unstable, because of it's location on top of the submarine voyage, plus it would conflict with the monorail and not allow for a new people mover type ride.
    Yes, a redo of Autopia is gladly due.
    The ride could mirror HKDL's and be all about introducing alternative energy fuels to children at a younger age.

Leave a comment:

• Vashsky666
    replied

Yes, I think what Bob Weaver is saying is right, that is a HUGE part of the park that is only being used for two attractions, one of which is underground. Autopia is pretty much a thing of the innocent 1950's past when the world was on the move and freeways were considered "new age marvels."

Like Tomorrowland_1967 was saying, Tomorrowland is not really about nostalgia than it is about progression. When Walt created Disneyland back in the 50s, he envisioned Tomorrowland as a real vision of the future through the growing knowledge of the world around us and the upcoming ideas which mankind had imagined at the time. Not to mention the huge impact of the space race had on the land! We know all this since Mr. Disney left us with the opening day dedication speech of Tomorrowland when it first premiered:

"A vista into a world of wondrous ideas, signifying man's achievements.... A step into the future with predictions of constructive things to come. Tomorrow offers new frontiers in science, adventure, and ideals, the atomic age, the challenge of outer space and the hope for a peaceful and unified world." - Walt Disney, July 17th 1955

We also know that a scientifically accurate recreation of the future is almost impossible now in this day and age since things move SO FAST and the world around us is becoming smaller and smaller each day with the progress of technology and communication. Nor is it a future full of optimism and bright hopes of innocent 1950s America but one plagued by the fears of global warming, terrorism, and potential apocalypse. Regardless of the later, if the Imagineers were to imagine, plan, excavate, build, and finally finish a purely scientific and factual land based on the future it would probably be dated well before they even got done with the blueprints!

These are the main reasons you see so many "fantasy-like" attractions within Tomorrowland, because it's a concept that is much more accessible and thus easier to conceive and achieve than an actual realistic prediction of the future. But if you really think about it, that line of thinking really does open the doors to an unfathomable amount of creative force from the Imagineering crew. No longer are we just confined to the once perceived tangible aspects of the future but instead are broadened by an "idealistic" and "Disney-inspired" tomorrow where we really don't know what might take place but are still insured a thrilling and family safe entertaining experience.

With that all being said, the grounds of which Autopia lie and the surrounding area which Bob outlined are so vast that you could easily fit more than 10 Matterhorns in the same space. With that kind of valuable real estate, can you just imagine the possibilities of the expansion that could be done there? I'm not just talking about a mere E Ticket ride or two but a new land full of rich and thrilling attractions that could be built while easily retaining the people mover and monorail tracks that already exist there.

Maybe if not a new land, than a selection of new attractions better filling the gaps between tomorrow and fantasy than just the Submarine Voyage featuring Nemo and friends. Hell you could even extend a loading ramp to the other side of the sub loading dock so that you could potentially fill two subs at one time and increase guest capacity similar to the loading pattern of Small World when you make the area behind the lagoon accessible! By freeing up that part of Disneyland, anything is possible and that is exactly the kind of mentality Walt would have wanted for the park, regardless what people may think, being said by the man himself!

"That's right, anything's possible in Disneyland" - As said to Julie Reihm by Walt Disney during the Wonderful World of Disney 10th Anniversary Show.

I'm not here to start an armchair Imagineering thread or something like that but the facts are that Chevron's contractual agreement is running out in Disneyland which means that Autopia might see a good chance of being taken out of the park. With that, I would much rather see a rejuvenation and renewal of the land than an empty unused track that seems to be a reocurring theme of the area with the loss of the people mover and motor boat cruise. Not to mention the land that will be available just south of Autopia, left by the Innoventions building, once Microsoft's agreement runs it's course in 2011!!!

Leave a comment:

• Vashsky666
    replied

Originally posted by PeopleMover Eric View Post
    haha "Harvard Blvd"?
    Yes Harvard Blvd! It's my own made up Blvd between the Disneyland Resort and Harbor Blvd...

You know what I meant! Geez... )

Leave a comment:

• Matterhorn Boy
    replied

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    When it opened in 1957 ... it was considered a staple Tomorrowland attraction.

But there was nothing temporary about House of the Future ... as it was a fixture to DL for an entire decade.
    It may not have been entirely temporary, but I think the only reason it stayed around for so long was the fact that it took up such a small area of space and was pretty popular for those type of exhibits.. Once Monsanto had another attraction sponsorship in the form of ATIS, House of the Future was gutted pretty quickly.

It's people holding on to Autopia in a land that needs to progress that I find unnerving.
    Transportation is still a compelling aspect of technology and society, and the 21st century will likely be witness to a number of advances and upheavals in its development. The attraction as it stands is outdated, but only in its technology.

Disney is in a wonderful place to make a statement about the future of transportation, and instead has an attraction that resembles any common freeway and presents visitors with the wonderful smell of gasoline fumes. Conceptually Autopia is still very relevant, and the fantasy of being behind the wheel will always appeal to children.

Leave a comment:

• DLFreak71
    replied

Originally posted by Matterhorn Boy View Post

I'm not one to speculate what Walt would have done, but I really don't think he would have torn out the only attraction dealing with spaceflight, hard science and the exploration/colonization of other planets and replaced it with a pizza restaurant. That's not progress.
    Nicely said

Leave a comment:

• DLFreak71
    replied

Trust me, with some of the things that Disney have changed and gotten rid of in the past (like messing with Walt's jewel named Small World) all bets are off on just exactly WHAT the current Disney suits will mess with.
    I have to agree
    and when they do mess w/ the ride
    that stupid "quote" about Disney changing or not a musuem (pick one) is told to us by exec's to supposedly make the burn less irritating/discomforting.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X