Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOCALS & WEATHER MEN or WOMEN: How likely is rain next week?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LOCALS & WEATHER MEN or WOMEN: How likely is rain next week?

Originally posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    Last year, during the same time period in early December, they actually CLOSED Disneyland early due to the lack of crowds after the temperature hovered in the 40's with moderate rain all day.
    Quick note: DL closes at 6PM Monday and Tuesday of next week for Cast Member Family Holiday Parties. (This includes Cast Members from Burbank and Glendale, not just the Anaheim ones.) DCA will be open later.
    This has been going on for-nearly-ever.

Comment

Originally posted by akfandisney View Post
      Ok this what the Weather channel and weather.com show for Disneyland area.

Right now show only 10% for sunday.
      This is why making bets on weather predictions is a loosing proposition. This is 12-24 hours different than what NOAA site has posted. They show the "chance" of rain coming in on Sunday and not Monday.

As long as its not Saturday. I don't want to be driving in the rain.... But I love an overcast Disneyland!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
      all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Daddy View Post
        Let me add one more thing for Leslie. If it DOES rain next Tues or Wed, I predict you will be in the park at the MOST emptiest time of the year. Last year, during the same time period in early December, they actually CLOSED Disneyland early due to the lack of crowds after the temperature hovered in the 40's with moderate rain all day. I hadn't seen it that empty since 1977. The first shot in my sig below was taken on that day, and you can see how many people were there. I believe I took that shot around 10 AM.

So...THAT would be the upside. Walk on to all of the rides (most will remain open in the rain) and hardly any lines for restaurants, etc. On the downside, you might lose the parades and outside entertainment.

I LOVE Disneyland in the rain!
        I wondered about those shots. I thought maybe you worked there. how else would you ever get a shot of main street totally empty!
        those pictures are great by the way!
        Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
        Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Well I am always wrong on the weather! I usually use weather.com and I will tell my husband oh it is supposed to rain tomorrow and then it is sunny. He makes fun of me all the time!

I am excited for a light rain on the days we are there because of the convience issue crowd wise. More than anything I am worried about my MIL and getting around in the rain.
          --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

Comment

Just listened to the channel 4 news and the weatherman is saying a "significant event". That being said, I've known them to say this and then it turns into a nothing event. My daughter and I are planning to go Monday rain or shine and we are kind of hoping for rain so we can have light attendance for a change.
            sigpic

Comment

I know I have plans to go on the 9th as well but if it rains I have no Idea what I'm going to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
                I know I have plans to go on the 9th as well but if it rains I have no Idea what I'm going to do.
                And I have plans to go on the 12th. But if it rains I have no idea what I'm going to do either.

Comment

This is from this morning's OC Register. It's still up in the air as to how much rain we'll be getting, but we will get some.

OCRegister.com : Rainy weather finally heading for O.C.

Comment

Originally posted by sediment View Post
                    Quick note: DL closes at 6PM Monday and Tuesday of next week for Cast Member Family Holiday Parties. (This includes Cast Members from Burbank and Glendale, not just the Anaheim ones.) DCA will be open later.
                    This has been going on for-nearly-ever.
                    Sediment - Thanks for the reminder about the early closure on Monday. I hope it doesn't rain too much on the CM party.

As for people who actually go to the park on Monday, if it IS raining, I would wager that with the combined shorter day due to the 6:00 pm closing time along with the rain, it could easily be the smallest crowd of the year...maybe under five or ten thousand?

As for last year, I had to dig around a little to find my old thread. The shot in my sig would have been taken on a Wendesday, last December 18th at 9:30 AM. I believe the park had already been open for 1/2 hour as rope drop would have been at 9 AM.

Here's a link to the thread:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...and-today.html

And from the thread, here's a link to my post of some of the shots from around the park. The first shot was taken Tues, Dec 17 and shows moderate crowds of folks coming in around the same time the day before. The shots that follow show....almost no people.

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ml#post3324520

It really was pretty cold that day. When I picked up my son from school at 2:30 pm, it was 46 degrees! We live just over 10 miles from the park.

I believe, if you look at this year's calendar during the same week, the park was supposed to be open to 11 PM. Apparently, if the number of guests drops below a certain amount, Disney starts losing money at a much faster rate, and reserves the right to close early due to the inclement weather. From what I can recall, they closed up shop around 9 pm and sent folks home early. They also closed the stores early as well. It snowed in Malibu that night as well as in Las Vegas.

Here's a couple of quotes from the thread:

Originally posted by Wally
                    They announced the early closing by...announcing it. You know the speakers that tell the park has ended it's normal operating day or about the lowering of the lights for fireworks? They used those. There was a pre-recorded message from the Voice of Disneyland that played everyone once in while, I think every hour or so.

Originally posted by BassBone
                    Because there were no people there they closed the stores. My girlfriend was working that night in stores and they ended her shift early.
                    Originally posted by Krillnish
                    I went yesterday and we went on everything we wanted to go on and more, despite two less hours. My friends and I walked right onto Splash Mountain at 6:40PM (the other attractions actually had a wait time of more than 1 second). The only other person I saw riding was a man in the log in front of us. It actually seemed colder earlier during the day than at night. Maybe because the rain or wind died down. Or maybe because I couldn't feel my hands anymore, anyway.
                    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 12-03-2009, 10:44 AM.

Comment

It sounds like I'm going to the park on the 9th rain or no rain but if it rains then I may not get to see Tiana's riverboat show cause I don't think they would do the show in the rain and I still haven't seen her yet.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X