This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Diners, Drive-Ins, and the DLR

Was just running through my DVR and discovered an upcoming show I thought you might want to know about. Finally the DLR is getting some love on food or travel related shows. So often they focus on WDW.

Here is the description from FIOS:

December 5, 2009 - 9:00 PM PST

Host Guy Fieri makes a trip to Disneyland in Anaheim, CA, where he explores the theme park's delicious, holiday treats and meals including a gingerbread house, Yule log, candy canes, and Christmas Eve dinner with dishes from the Napa Rose.

Re: Diners, Drive-Ins, and the DLR

Thanks for the heads up! I love that show, so I'm definitely going to have to make a point to watch it.
    MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Napa Rose is the place to go for great food at the DLR.

That quality level does not trickle down, though.

It's the junk at the lowest level that we usually complain about.

Comment

Eh? Drive-ins diners and dives at the Napa Rose? Couldn't they have called the show something else if it wasn't going to a diner, drive in or a dive?

Comment

I dare him to eat a burger from the Village Haus.

Comment

What is with all the hate on the Village Haus? I have never ever eaten there but from reading things I don't think I ever will.
            --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

Comment

I just saw the commercials for this, can't wait!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by leslie_537 View Post
                What is with all the hate on the Village Haus? I have never ever eaten there but from reading things I don't think I ever will.
                I don't get the hate either, especially since I HAVE eaten there several times and had no problems. The food is EXACTLY the same kind you would get from Buzz's place in TL and the Hungry Bear in CC. SO why all the hate on this particular spot?

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
                  I don't get the hate either, especially since I HAVE eaten there several times and had no problems. The food is EXACTLY the same kind you would get from Buzz's place in TL and the Hungry Bear in CC. SO why all the hate on this particular spot?
                  I don't understand it either. Maybe some MC guests have had a bad experience and it's become a certain inside joke?

Is this the restaurant across from Casey Jr.? If so, I used to eat lunch there all the time 15-20 years ago when I would spend all day at the park. It was good then - what's wrong with it now?

Comment

Looks cool. I put it on record since I will be in the parks at that time.

Comment

Thanks for the info! Definitely going to watch this one.

Comment

The burgers at DL remind me very much so of the crappy ones I used to have to eat when I was in elementary school. They are kind of like Ramen (from college), as in the disgusting taste has been saved for some odd reason in my head.

I will never get that horrid taste to leave my memory, nor will I subject myself to that taste ever again.

Comment

Will be at the Walt Disney Family Museum...but you can bet I'm recording it!
                          Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                          it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Hooray for another Disneyland travel special! I usually always see WDW ones.

I'm hoping they update the Disneyland Resort behind the scenes for DCA 2012!

Comment

i honestly think the burgers at hungry bear weren't that bad
                              but i'm picky and usually enjoy bland food

but anyways, i'm excited for the episode!
                              Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                              You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                              Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Great info - thanks. Setting the DVR now.

Comment

Originally posted by PinBrian View Post
                                  The burgers at DL remind me very much so of the crappy ones I used to have to eat when I was in elementary school. They are kind of like Ramen (from college), as in the disgusting taste has been saved for some odd reason in my head.

I will never get that horrid taste to leave my memory, nor will I subject myself to that taste ever again.
                                  I can understand a distaste (I couldn't resist!) for a particulair food item. I am not a fan of the processed burgers sold inside the parks either. My curiosity is why the Haus is being targeted when its food, burgers and all, are the same as the Hungry Bear and and Buzz's place serves? Oh well.

Comment

Love that show and love the Napa Rose! Win/Win!

Comment

I was there last Holiday Season when they were filming for this! Here's some shots I got of Guy in the Candy Shop while filming...

Comment

Originally posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
                                        I dare him to eat a burger from the Village Haus.
                                        Well, thereis your dive :lol:
                                        Not that the Hungry Bear is much better, but I have never hard of anyone getting food poisoning from there or that they have rats running around (OF course the stray cats do hang out there!)

Does anyone know if this is going to repeat? I assume yes...
                                        Good morning, son
                                        In twenty years from now
                                        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                                        And I can tell you 'bout today
                                        And how I picked you up and everything changed
                                        It was pain
                                        Sunny days and rain
                                        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X