• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SoCalbma
    Love HD videos!
    • Jun 2009

[Review] Most Boring ride of them all @ Disneyland Resort

What I think is one of the boring ride at Disneyland is the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.

Man! is that ride boring. I remembered when I stood in line for close to 3.5 hour( I Could have been to Vegas already if I was to drive there) on opening day.

The reason this ride is boring is because you are basically watching several TV screens underwater.

It could be more enjoyable and fun if this ride is similar to Haunted Mansion with a lot of animatronics finding nemo and friends. Somewhat like all the ride in Fantasyland. Not just watching them on projector type screens.

So, what do you think is a boring ride at Disneyland or at DCA?

another one that I found to be creepy is Superstar LImo.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Datameister
    =)
    • Aug 2005

Re: Boring ride of them all @ Disneyland Resort

I don't know if I'd call FNSV the most boring attraction in the resort, especially since I haven't been on some of the minor attractions, but I certainly have the same lack of interest in the projections. By far the most engaging and evocative and immersive parts of the attractions are the fully (or mostly) three-dimensional tableaux - the opening scene in the lagoon, the jellyfish, the "balloons", etc. The Nemo scenes fail for me for the following reasons:

* The projections lack the vivid colors of the film, and there's something unconvincing about the motion. Bad framerate or something.
    * It's painfully obvious that the projections are...projections. All it takes is two eyes and a brain to know that the characters are as flat (physically speaking) as the credit cards you're using to see them. That sets them apart from the 3D scenery in a most distracting way.
    * I don't feel immersed in the world of Finding Nemo. The portholes already give a sense of tunnel vision, but that's amplified even more by having to look at two-dimensional screens framed by rockwork.
    * It's not as if the attraction is giving any sort of new story. It's little more than a scrambled rehash of the film.

I think projections have wonderful uses, but they shouldn't look like projections unless they're supposed to look like projections (e.g. the film room in the Indy queue).

Comment

• Jazziered
      MiceChatter
      • Feb 2009

For me, I think Autopia needs some help... The pedals are hard to reach and hold down. But most of all, it is kind of a boring drive... The only thing on the ride I found even sorta minerly interesting is the fountain. I could use some better theming on the drive. Even some cool topiaries would help. But I try to keep telling myself, if I were 10, and driving, it would be the. most. awesome. ride... But I am not 10, and it is not....

Comment

• mandypandy
        Banned User
        • Jun 2009

I agree that Autopia is the most boring.

Comment

• Datameister
          =)
          • Aug 2005

Autopia would definitely be one of those instances in which the "Disneyland is not a museum" quote would be unusually appropriate. It's high time that attraction stopped giving us a glimpse of the automotive future that guests had to look forward to in 1955, the future we now live in our daily lives. (The fact that driving is still the future for the park's younger residents is no excuse, either...if it were, we could also expect to see Tomorrowland attractions about career choices, making babies, and retirement. )

Comment

• aashee
            Skeevy Ray Vaughan
            • Aug 2006

Astro Orbitor

Comment

• dfan07
              Johnny and Me!
              • May 2007

If you've ridden it as much as I have, Star Tours begins to get boring and repetitive. Hopefully STII will change that.

Comment

• GummiBears_Rock
                Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                Autopia would definitely be one of those instances in which the "Disneyland is not a museum" quote would be unusually appropriate. It's high time that attraction stopped giving us a glimpse of the automotive future that guests had to look forward to in 1955, the future we now live in our daily lives. (The fact that driving is still the future for the park's younger residents is no excuse, either...if it were, we could also expect to see Tomorrowland attractions about career choices, making babies, and retirement. )
                ) i love that part in the parentheses
                Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

• disneyismylife87
                  DL podcaster
                  • Jul 2009

LOL! Actually there used to be an exhibit in Innoventions about pregnancy. There was a line of plastic pregnant women that you could perform ultrasounds on and look at their babies. I found it interesting and creepy at the same time.

And then of course there is the section that scares small children out of smoking by showing how hideous they will be when they grow old.

Datameister....we're already there..lol
                  :squeeze: Someday my prince will come...

Comment

• leopardchucks
                    Riff Raff, Street Rat
                    • Aug 2009

I wouldn't say that FNSV is the most boring. Like Datameister said...there are some decent parts : Jellyfish, the Angler Fish!

Autopia is pretty freakin' boring. It goes far too slow and to stop, you just let off the gas...the lack of a brake pedal is irksome. I've been on merry-go-rounds with more horsepower. (no pun intended)

Also, anything in Flik's Fun Fair ('cept ITTBAB) is super boring. *yawn*
                    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

• tech4all
                      MiceChatter
                      • Aug 2009

Autopia was great when I was a kid. It's not really as exciting now (now that I drive in real life), but it's ok. I think after a while a ride will get boring the more you ride it.

Comment

• Monorail Man
                        MiceChatter
                        MiceChat Administrator
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by tech4all View Post
                        I think after a while a ride will get boring the more you ride it.
                        I don't know about this. I've ridden Pirates and Mansion at least a hundred times, and I'm not at all tired of them yet.

I think the key is to give you enough stuff to look at. This is why I like the lagoon of FNSV, but hate it once you get into the 'show'. There's just not enough scenes with enough to see (exception: the shipwreck scene).
                        -Monorail Man

Comment

• Datameister
                          =)
                          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by tech4all View Post
                          Autopia was great when I was a kid. It's not really as exciting now (now that I drive in real life), but it's ok. I think after a while a ride will get boring the more you ride it.
                          Sure, but imagine if it were a truly futuristic attraction, with vehicles that no kid has ever even dreamed of getting to drive, passing in and out of scenes from other worlds. Cover part or all of the attraction in a show building to allow for even more immersion...deliver some interesting tableaux with a few AAs thrown in...cool music with quieter cars...and on top of all this, kids still get the foreign thrill of driving. That'd please a lot more people, I'd think.

Comment

• Disney Liz
                            Disney Night Owl
                            • Aug 2006

I may get in trouble for this one but I've had some boring trips out on the Storybook Land Canal Boats. It all depends upon the Cast Member you get I guess. I usually skip it because I've always been with a pretty blah crowd I suppose. I need to go with a bunch of MiceChatters and then I'm sure it would make the ride.
                            http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
                            Always looking for new Disney friends.

Comment

• Mr. Gaston
                              MiceChatter
                              • Oct 2009

Small World.

Nuff' Said.

Comment

• plagued
                                hi!
                                • Jul 2009

for me, it's a tie between the Storybook Canal Boats, It's a Small World, and Autopia.

you can make autopia a bumpier and... for some, a more fun ride, if you dont steer and let the car just bump itself through the track. i had to endure all this bumpiness when i got a car which had a broken steering wheel.. so all i could do was press the gas and let the car do all the work. wouldn't say it added much 'fun' to the experience though..
                                -plagued

Comment

• Mac Daddy
                                  Nikon +Disneyland = :)
                                  MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                                  • Jun 2005

I believe all of the above named rides pale in comparison to the most recent addition to Critter Country. Biggest waste of space in the DLR.

Comment

• ttrocc7007
                                    We Want The Redhead
                                    • Feb 2008

Re: Most Boring ride of them all @ Disneyland Resort

Although I really am not fond of the new subs at all, most boring to me is Gadget's Go Coaster. I simply could not wait for my daughter to be old enough to ride that thing on her own.
                                    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
                                    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
                                    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

• TheGlassSlipper
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • May 2009

Disneyland-Hands down, the Finding Nemo ride!!! My goooooooooodness, I only go on that ride if it's my friends birthday because its their day! Other than that I hate hate hate that ride!

DCA- Hhhmmm.... I really dont like getting drenched so Ill have to say Grizzly Bear Rapids!

Comment

• Bob Weaver
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Aug 2009

Storybook Land Canal Boats is so boring, I'd rather go on Storybook Root Canal Boats.

Innoventions is so boring I'd rather go through Immunizations.

Dumbo is so boring they should just drop the "o."

Last time I went on the Jungle Cruise the skipper was so boring he shot himself.

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is so boring that they actually have a Slow Pass for it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X