X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Need info about the AP payment plans

Hello all,

First time poster, but looong time lurker and some questions about the AP payment plan and maybe people can clear up a few things for me?

1. I have only a VISA debit card, no credit cards, and I never used it for a bill before (in other words, I just only use it to reserve things with it) so A. Can I use that and B. Will they take the monthly fee out of my account every month or will they just send me a bill?? This is important as I never actually have more than $20 on it haha. I use my other debit card for paying stuff, but its just a bank card.

2. Okay, I already have a 1 day hopper this weekend and I know I can put money down to upgrade it, but what I'm confused on is if I put that down for my down payment ($97) will my monthly payment be adjusted to be little less every month from the plan on the website it shows or will I pay the same rate as quoted on the website every month with just a little less money at the end of the year? It doesnt matter, just curious how its done.

3. This question is for my brother, he wants to buy a pass for his wife for Christmas. The PROBLEM is he cant make it to the park before Christmas day and wants me to see if I can just buy it for him with his credit card this weekend, although he wont be there. Is that okay?? I can bring his drivers license too of course (and we share the same last name ), to show its not stolen lol, but I dont know if that is okay? I will buy mine on my card (if I can) and then buy his pass on his for his wife while I'm there. Can a CM or anyone tell me if this is possible?

4. This is just hypothetical I guess, but lets say I decide to wait on it (I'm dithering ) and instead just upgrade to a 2 or 3 day pass and then NEXT time I go, can I still upgrade that to an AP with the monthly payments?? I'm pretty sure I will buy it this weekend, but maybe wait a few weeks if there is a problem from the other questions I asked I guess.

Anyway, I know I'm a newbie and these maybe been asked and answered a dozen times, but I DID look through the site and the search engine for AP payments and these questions and didnt find anything specific, so will greatly appreciate any help .

Thank you!
    Last edited by Nuts4Disney; 12-02-2009, 02:33 AM.

Re: Need info about the AP payment plans

I can't address all of your questions, but I can respond to a couple.

1). I think the payment plan is attached to your checking account, and the money comes out of there each month, not attached to a credit card. Putting it on a credit card would be like setting up your own payment plan. By taking out of your checking account, you don't have to pay any interest because they only take the monthly payment out once a month.

3). No. Not even taking his drivers license would they let you use someone else's credit card. How do they know you didn't steal that too? Besides, there are so many other ways to get a ticket without going to the park. You can buy the ticket online and either print it from your printer as an eTicket, or for extra fees have it waiting at the park (will call) or mailed. You can also buy various levels of tickets at may grocery stores now too. So nix on trying to use someone else's credit card, even with their permission. That just has the potential to get you into all kinds of trouble.

I'm not sure about your other questions, but hopefully someone else will be able to answer those.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

1. They take the first payment out immediately. They take the 2nd payment out about 5 days later. Then they take each payment out about the same day each successive month. No bills. If they payment is not accepted, they cancel the AP, and you must pay the full amount to reinstate.

2. They deduct the $97 from the amount of the pass, then divide the remaining amount by 12 and that is your payment.

3. No, not possible.

4. If you upgrade the 1 day pass to a 2 day pass, the second day would have to be used in 13 days. Then, if you upgrade to an AP, the AP would be backdated to the first day you used the ticket.
      If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

1. and 2.
        Here is monthly payment FAQ link to Dinseyland monthly payment
        3. No

Your brother can buy the pass Online.
        Here the link Disneyland AP

Around this time there are booth in some mall that you can buy a
        AP
        the date start when thay come to Disneyland.
        Last edited by akfandisney; 12-02-2009, 07:23 AM.

Toy Story Mania construction:
        Older photo
        New Photo

Member of
        MiceChat WDW Trip
        Next trip
        2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Also, in answer to #1, you can use a Debit Card. That is what I use and it is deducted from my Checking every month. I have no credit cards either. So make sure you have enough in your checking or it will lock your AP, it happened to me once but I just called them had them run the payment through again and was good to go.
          Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
            1. They take the first payment out immediately. They take the 2nd payment out about 5 days later. Then they take each payment out about the same day each successive month. No bills. If they payment is not accepted, they cancel the AP, and you must pay the full amount to reinstate.

2. They deduct the $97 from the amount of the pass, then divide the remaining amount by 12 and that is your payment.

3. No, not possible.

4. If you upgrade the 1 day pass to a 2 day pass, the second day would have to be used in 13 days. Then, if you upgrade to an AP, the AP would be backdated to the first day you used the ticket.
            Everything here is very accurate. and yes you can use an ATM card.
            Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
            Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

I've a q.
              My friend(a very bad source) said that if u don't get ur pass id pic on the day u buy it, the pass is no longer good. and u wasted ur money.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
                I've a q.
                My friend(a very bad source) said that if u don't get ur pass id pic on the day u buy it, the pass is no longer good. and u wasted ur money.

Slap your friend. this is not true. although they really really encourage you to get your photo on the same day, a lot of people don't.

Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
                  I've a q.

A few years back I bought our Annual passes at the Disney Store in Fresno so it was already a plastic card. We got to Disneyland late the first night and went in but we didn't get our pictures taken until the next day.

Now this last time I bought them I purchased them online with the eticket option. When we walked through the gates they gave us a small paper card that said deluxe park hopper. I am not sure if that would work on the next day or not.
                  --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

Comment

Hey everyone, thank you so much for answering all my questions!! I really appreciate it .

As for my brother and using his credit card, I realize I didnt make myself clear enough in my original post. No, the PROBLEM is he wants the monthly installments for his wife too . But he cant physically make it to the park before Xmas and from what we understand and been told if he wants the installment program he can ONLY do it in the park. We checked the website and even called a Disney store near us and they said he couldnt buy a pass there if he wanted the monthly installments. So, that was the issue and it was HIS idea for me to try and get one for him, not me lol. And he wants to buy his wife the premium pass and installments the only way he can afford it. He cant afford to just drop all that much money on one just present for Christmas (although he will probably pay the entire balance a few months later). It was something he thought of when I was thinking of buying one and a pass for only $30 a month is better for him. Ironically, his wife have time to come to the park with me to get it....but it will kill the surprise .

However, I did a little more research today and I found out I can put his wife pass on my card and then later, we can simply switch his wife pass and put on his card, so it looks like it will work out if he decides he really wants one!

But thanks everyone! At least now I know I can put it on my debit card and that they will just take it out of my bank. I guess I will just switch funds to that card every month, so not a big deal! Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Nuts4Disney View Post
                      Hey everyone, thank you so much for answering all my questions!! I really appreciate it .

But thanks everyone! At least now I know I can put it on my debit card and that they will just take it out of my bank. I guess I will just switch funds to that card every month, so not a big deal! Thanks again!

Just don't forget or the bank will slam you with a nice little fee that is 3 times the cost of the AP for not having the money in the account!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X