Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone worrying about the entertainment offerings in Jan?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Is anyone worrying about the entertainment offerings in Jan?

Since there is no fantasmic, and the new parade might not going to happen....
    And maybe fireworks only in the weekend...
    What can we expect the entertainment offer from Disneyland?
    Do we have to watch CASP from another whole year?
    Is that the only offer?
    ...... SAD.

Re: Is anyone worrying about the entertainment offerings in Jan?

Well having Fantasmic going dark is not a big deal but to have that horrible parade still is a sad day in Disney history. I'm use to not seening entertaiment in Jan. The only thing I can't wait is to see some of the rare characters. It seems like from Jan. to April the rare characters pop out like Beast,Rafiki and Wendell from Country Bears.

Comment

Its the one time in the year where the Fantasmic haters get their wish and those that like to enjoy the atmosphere undisturbed get their wish. I also enjoy this time of year since its calm and quiet all through the night. It would be nicer if they had a better parade but all the money is being poured into DCA so you can't expect Disneyland to actually spend anymore money. I mean look they just opened that new "E-Ticket" bridge to Carnation Plaza Gardens, what more can you ask for. /sarcasm/

Comment

Jan 1st is the start of the new year - Hence ... should be the beginning of the 55th Anniversary decorations/celebrations.

Except this time ... there won't be any year-long anniversary celebrations. I thought Disney would have cleverly used the numbers "55" to coincide with the year the park opened - '55.

I guess that's asking for too much!
        MY SIGNATURE:
        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Well, I'm one of the few who is excited that C!ASP is returning, so I'm not worried at all.

Comment

What is "C!ASP"?
            MY SIGNATURE:
            Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Celebrate! A Street Parade. I think.

Comment

Is this "Celebration" just another means for Disney Characters to parade up and down Main Street .. or is this an original idea worth seeing? And does it tie to Disneyland's 55th Anniversary? Or more to the point .. make any mention of it?
                MY SIGNATURE:

Comment

Originally posted by andyjean View Post
                  Since there is no fantasmic, and the new parade might not going to happen....
                  And maybe fireworks only in the weekend...
                  What can we expect the entertainment offer from Disneyland?
                  Do we have to watch CASP from another whole year?
                  Is that the only offer?
                  ...... SAD.
                  Personally, I'm not at all concerned about any lack of "entertainment" at Disneyland. There is more than enough to enjoy without the hassle of trying to maneuver through the "entertainment" options crowding the park.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasmanatic View Post
                    Its the one time in the year where the Fantasmic haters get their wish and those that like to enjoy the atmosphere undisturbed get their wish. I also enjoy this time of year since its calm and quiet all through the night. It would be nicer if they had a better parade but all the money is being poured into DCA so you can't expect Disneyland to actually spend anymore money. I mean look they just opened that new "E-Ticket" bridge to Carnation Plaza Gardens, what more can you ask for. /sarcasm/
                    Is there seriously such thing as a "Fantasmic Hater"?

Comment

Originally posted by bfdf55 View Post
                      Personally, I'm not at all concerned about any lack of "entertainment" at Disneyland. There is more than enough to enjoy without the hassle of trying to maneuver through the "entertainment" options crowding the park.
                      I agree... it makes it more special too, when there is a break or downtime. It makes you appreciate the old shows/parades etc (and the new ones!) much more, and they seem more festive...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
                        Is there seriously such thing as a "Fantasmic Hater"?
                        I think there's simply just a time many enjoyed the tranquil ambiance of the Rivers of America ... One could ride the Mark Twain in the evening ... with it's lights on. Stroll along the river's edge ... it was nice. With Fantasmic ... those days (evenings) have become a thing of the past.
                        MY SIGNATURE:

Comment

No, this isn't worrying me. What worries me is the economy, making sure my kids are OK, worrying if there will be more cuts at work, etc.

The lack of a Fantasmic show and cutbacks on fireworks don't worry me at all.
                          "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "‚Äč This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post
                            No, this isn't worrying me. What worries me is the economy, making sure my kids are OK, worrying if there will be more cuts at work, etc.

The lack of a Fantasmic show and cutbacks on fireworks don't worry me at all.

I'm with you!

I save my "worrying" for stuff in life that truly affects me and my family.

As far as DL goes, we'll enjoy it as we always do. If a few rides or attractions are down when we are there, we'll enjoy what is available and won't be whining about what isn't...

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasmanatic View Post
                              Its the one time in the year where the Fantasmic haters get their wish and those that like to enjoy the atmosphere undisturbed get their wish.
                              Unfortunatley the so-called atmosphere will still be disrupted by the many walls surrounding the ROA and will get the full package in May when the refurb is all done.

I don't mind Fantasmic! going dark since the ROA refurb is needed and Murphy will need some well deserved fix-ups for its first summer debut .

But I wish we had another fireworks show to replace Remember.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                              The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                              Indy Ride Count: 2211
                              World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                                Jan 1st is the start of the new year - Hence ... should be the beginning of the 55th Anniversary decorations/celebrations.

Except this time ... there won't be any year-long anniversary celebrations. I thought Disney would have cleverly used the numbers "55" to coincide with the year the park opened - '55.

I guess that's asking for too much!
                                Are they doing anything for the 55th?
                                Crazy Works For Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Kasey View Post
                                  Are they doing anything for the 55th?
                                  There was big plans until the big economic crisis (Thanks a lot Republicans) last year. I heard that they really scaled back on the 55th Anniversary so the only thing left to do now is to wait until Disney announces their new plans for the 55th.

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

Comment

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
                                    But I wish they were still showing Remember as often as they could, especially in an anniversary year.
                                    Fixed.
                                    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
                                    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
                                    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

Comment

Originally posted by oo_nrb View Post
                                      Fixed.
                                      That is not funny. I'm very serious.

Comment

But I wish we had another fireworks show to replace Remember.
                                        I really like Remember, I think its a really exciting firework show and it makes me happy when I watch it. But maybe a new and even better firework show, like Halloween Screams was, would be nice.

There was big plans until the big economic crisis (Thanks a lot Republicans) last year. I heard that they really scaled back on the 55th Anniversary so the only thing left to do now is to wait until Disney announces their new plans for the 55th.
                                        And let's not bring politics into this... I'm sure republicans can say the same about democrats this year and the years left to come. I think that with the economy the way it is, all the struggles many are going through, and the idea of going greener or contributing more, Disney thought it was a good idea to get more people into volunteering and helping out with the Give a Day. Get a Disney Day. continuation of the Celebration promotion. And who knows? Maybe they're just saving up for a really big 60th Anniversary... only 5 more years to find out! Haha

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X