Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone worrying about the entertainment offerings in Jan?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vfire
    replied
    Re: Is anyone worrying about the entertainment offerings in Jan?

I'm worried about so many things including the entertainment being shut down in January. I'm bringing a group from across the world to do some business in SoCal, and, of course, I'll take them to DL. As long as Remember is offered then DL will still be great since that's the best show ever at the resort. I won't be taking them to see CASP, I'd just be too embarrassed to do so and then would have to make apologies for Disney for such a poor show.

Leave a comment:

• Fantasmanatic
    replied

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
    Sorry I guess I wasn't clear enough Crowd Issues.

It is an absolute nightmare trying to get through that area when the show is happening. WAY worse then a parade passing bye. C'mon, the show has been about the same for the bast 17 year that shows you how well trained you all are with Tokyo Disney rotating them out after about 8 max.
    How about those Fireworks....they create quite a mess. Then the Celebrate parade stops right in Main Street making it impossible for me to go from Adventure land to Tomorrowland. The Fireworks and Parades make it hard to get to way more attractions than F!

Leave a comment:

• mainejeff
    replied

Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
    Is there seriously such thing as a "Fantasmic Hater"?
    Yes.......me.

Hooray for no entertainment! Does that mean it will be less crowded and we can actually enjoy the rides and attractions at night!?!? I might even spend some money on food and drink, and in the shops!

Leave a comment:

• PirateMickey
    replied

^^^^^^^

Word!

Leave a comment:

• TacAlert
    replied

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    There was big plans until the big economic crisis (Thanks a lot Republicans) last year. I heard that they really scaled back on the 55th Anniversary so the only thing left to do now is to wait until Disney announces their new plans for the 55th.
    "Change we can believe in".......haven't seen any change yet.

Leave a comment:

• mrfantasmic
    replied

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post

It is an absolute nightmare trying to get through that area when the show is happening. WAY worse then a parade passing bye. C'mon, the show has been about the same for the bast 17 year that shows you how well trained you all are with Tokyo Disney rotating them out after about 8 max.
    Need to know where to go? You have 65 cast members in the area who'll tell you the way.

Leave a comment:

• Ice101
    replied

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    It makes crowds?
    Darn it! That means people actually like it.
    I guess we should get rid of it.

Leave a comment:

• mrfantasmic
    replied

It makes crowds?
    Darn it! That means people actually like it.
    I guess we should get rid of it.

Leave a comment:

• Ice101
    replied

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    I know I have hear it but they should had let it stay until the new one came then take it apart.
    Well dah....you are 100%

That was the plan until management said it was simply too expensive so they were being cheap....again. Oh the times I wish I had the OLC operating DL.

Leave a comment:

• Ice101
    replied

:wave:

Well I wouldn't call myself a Fantasmic! Hater, but the show is old and is absolutely horrible for crowds. Unless it gets some sort of major upgrade (Dragon and some other small barges aren't a major upgrade BTW) and some crowd issues are addressed I will feel that way for a very long.

Leave a comment:

• CMHusband
    replied

uh...hand up. (not really a hater, just don't care for it)

Leave a comment:

• The Forbidden Eye
    replied

Originally posted by mandypandy View Post
    I really like Remember, I think its a really exciting firework show and it makes me happy when I watch it. But maybe a new and even better firework show, like Halloween Screams was, would be nice.

And let's not bring politics into this... I'm sure republicans can say the same about democrats this year and the years left to come. I think that with the economy the way it is, all the struggles many are going through, and the idea of going greener or contributing more, Disney thought it was a good idea to get more people into volunteering and helping out with the Give a Day. Get a Disney Day. continuation of the Celebration promotion. And who knows? Maybe they're just saving up for a really big 60th Anniversary... only 5 more years to find out! Haha
    1. I really enjoy RDCT too, but after 5 years of having it, I think it's time for this "mother-of-all" fireworks show to retire and have another, more grander fireworks show take it's place.

2. I know I shouldn't have brought up politics and I do apologize. I said that primarily as a joke as a result of.... well, lets just leave it at that.

As far as entertainment goes for DL, we'll be stuck with parades and fireworks until June when Fantasmic! returns. I could see the fireworks going off daily to leave one big show still playing like they did with Fantasmic! in January.

Leave a comment:

• Alex E
    replied

No, Not really.

Leave a comment:

• Capt Hook
    replied

I know I have hear it but they should had let it stay until the new one came then take it apart.

Leave a comment:

• MonstersGoBoo!
    replied

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    They should of leave Parade of Dreams still run until they got a new parade.
    They can't since the floats are gone.

Leave a comment:

• Capt Hook
    replied

They should of leave Parade of Dreams still run until they got a new parade.

Leave a comment:

• MonstersGoBoo!
    replied

Oh boy, if this becomes a political debate then this thread is going to find a new home.

Anyways, for certain the new parade isn't going to be happening when January rolls around. There is one in the works, but don't know what it's going to be as of yet. Other than that, I'm not worried about entertainment. There's still plenty to see and do.

Leave a comment:

• mandypandy
    replied

But I wish we had another fireworks show to replace Remember.
    I really like Remember, I think its a really exciting firework show and it makes me happy when I watch it. But maybe a new and even better firework show, like Halloween Screams was, would be nice.

There was big plans until the big economic crisis (Thanks a lot Republicans) last year. I heard that they really scaled back on the 55th Anniversary so the only thing left to do now is to wait until Disney announces their new plans for the 55th.
    And let's not bring politics into this... I'm sure republicans can say the same about democrats this year and the years left to come. I think that with the economy the way it is, all the struggles many are going through, and the idea of going greener or contributing more, Disney thought it was a good idea to get more people into volunteering and helping out with the Give a Day. Get a Disney Day. continuation of the Celebration promotion. And who knows? Maybe they're just saving up for a really big 60th Anniversary... only 5 more years to find out! Haha

Leave a comment:

• The Forbidden Eye
    replied

Originally posted by oo_nrb View Post
    Fixed.
    That is not funny. I'm very serious.

Leave a comment:

• oo_nrb
    replied

But I wish they were still showing Remember as often as they could, especially in an anniversary year.
    Fixed.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X