This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Candy Cane dates listed

Disneyland’s fresh candy canes return Friday - Around Disney : The Orange County Register

So the dates are random..
    and only 2 candy canes a person?
    I apologize if this is old news
    My Art site
    http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Re: Candy Cane dates listed

Is there something unique about their candy canes? Like is it crazy yummy or something?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanvalle View Post
      Is there something unique about their candy canes? Like is it crazy yummy or something?
      no, it's just fun watching them get made. They taste like any other candy cane.

Comment

I think they taste so much better than regular store bought candy canes.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

Originally posted by Earkid View Post
          I think they taste so much better than regular store bought candy canes.
          my view may be a bit distorted. I don't normally eat peppermint flavored stuff and I never eat store bought candy canes, but they didn't taste all that different/special/over the top to me. They tasted like peppermint candy.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
            I don't normally eat peppermint flavored stuff and I never eat store bought candy canes, but they didn't taste all that different/special/over the top to me.

Yeah, we usually buy them, but rarely eat them. Nothing special taste wise. We got eight last year but only opened one.

The rest (as well as others from previous years) are on display on our Christmas tree.

They make fine Christmas ornaments!!! (and special ones, too!)

Merry Christmas!!!

Comment

Thanks for posting this.
              Here are just a few of the key ingredients: dynamite, pole vaulting, laughing gas, choppers - can you see how incredible this is going to be? - hang gliding, come on!

Comment

IF, and a big IF, you can get them when they are still slightly warm, they are like no other candy cane. If they're not warm ( and they usually are not by the time the guests can get to them) they are still much fresher and the peppermint more intense than a store bought candy cane, which could be months old.
                Last edited by ExCandyMaker; 12-07-2009, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Fantastic, thanks for posting this!

So do I need to line up at the Candy Palace right upon opening on the 20th? I want to be sure I can get a ticket for one of these. Also- when you get a ticket- do you still wait for an hour+ for it to get made, or can you come back and claim your candy later?

Comment

Thats awesome. I wish I could be there to get one.
                    Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

Comment

Sees Candy used to sell boxes of their own candy canes at Christmas time, but hasn't done so in a number of years. I don't know if it was just that they were fresher or what, but they were *so much better* than the regular drugstore type.

Although I have a preference for thin canes that you can just stick in your mouth over the big "break and eat" size like at DLR I'd certainly buy one to try if given the opportunity. Wonder if they'll still be making them the week after Christmas, when we'll be making our next trip.

Comment

YW all

Luckly the 20th is a day im headed out to the park
                        is this a seperate paid event?
                        My Art site
                        http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
                          YW all

Luckly the 20th is a day im headed out to the park
                          is this a seperate paid event?
                          Not a separate event. Something they do every year at the Candy Palace. It's one of our favorite traditions.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

They are making c canes this morning. I walked up and got the last candy cane in the first batch, but they said there was at least one more batch to come this morning. These things are BIG and they wrap them in bubble wrap. There was only a short line when I walked up, but the people in front of me said something about having a ticket.

Comment

I watched the bakers work for about 45 minutes on batch #2 and after all of their hard work, something went wrong and they had to trash it. It's really hot in there and what a bummer to work so hard and not have anything to show for it. Batch #3 should be done around noon for those with tickets. The tickets were being passed out about an hour before they were ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Daddy View Post
                                I watched the bakers work for about 45 minutes on batch #2 and after all of their hard work, something went wrong and they had to trash it. It's really hot in there and what a bummer to work so hard and not have anything to show for it. Batch #3 should be done around noon for those with tickets. The tickets were being passed out about an hour before they were ready.
                                Wow what a bummer. The guys working there these days have been at it for a long time, I wonder what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Daddy View Post
                                  So when you get a ticket, do you have to wait around or can you come back later to claim your candy cane?

Comment

you have to wait.
                                    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Originally posted by justjohn View Post
                                      you have to wait.
                                      I think Justjohn is right. When the canes are actually done, you should be there to pick them up. When I was there, there was a two candy cane limit per person, and they didn't want you getting back into line again. There was also a stand by line if you didn't have a ticket, and that's how I was able to walk up at the end of batch #1 and get one.

The whole process looked pretty tough on the bakers/confectionaires. (Not sure what their official job title is.) They needed to have a break after each batch as it looks like it is very warm in there while they are waiting for the mixture to cool. Two of the guys were getting a great workout pulling and smashing the taffy-like melted sugar/syrup glob as it cooled. I was wondering why they don't crank out more of these during the holidays, but I guess I found my answer. It seemed like a very hot and time consuming job to hand make these candy canes. I took a few shots and I'll try to have them up tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

just wanted to share that the candy canes can be found over at DCA too. I went into the candy store there last night just to browse and there were at least 3 or 4 in the case...I assume they must save a few to send over there to sell. So if you miss the day they are making them at Disneyland, check over at DCA.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X