Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Toy Story The....Musical?(Merged)

I just was wondering, how will there be a Toy Story Musical? As I recall the actual film of Aladdin was a musical like most classic Disney Animated Features, with the characters singing the songs. But Toy Story? The only songs I can recall that have lyrics are 'You've Got A Friend In Me' and 'Strange Things', both were not even performed by a character (toy) in the movie.

So how will this be done? New Songs? Buzz taking it up singing 'You've Got A Friend In Me'?

Share your thoughts on anything Toy Story The Musical.

Re: Toy Story The....Musical?

I believe this will be the same as, or at least based on, the Toy Story Musical from the Disney cruise ships, which had new songs the characters sang.

Comment

Oh great.

I gotta YouTube this. It's probably not good..at all.

Comment

yeah it just doesn't seem right to me
        it's like when they put legally blonde on broadway
        Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
        You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
        Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Yeah I mean what could toys possibly be singing about anyway?

Comment

I was just wondering about this.
            If they had replaced Aladdin with Mary Poppins, that would be understandable. Already a musical.
            But of all things...Toy Story? I think that basically any movie would be better than that (excluding Pixar, since they don't sing!).
            blogtwitterdeviantart

psh! hey, you! i make miniature disney hats. wanna see them? click here.

some cool cats:
            - a113 - animekiti4christ - captianeo,atis - ckelef1 - cocoa - dapperjoshua - disneyizz -
            disneylove - the disneylander - *disneyprincess* - disneyroyals411 - dmtnt55 - donald_duck -
            - fangalicious44 - firebolt413 - gummibears_rock - ice101 - incrediboy - itsxxdomoxxkun -
            - junglecruisefan - kablary - kritter -littleactressann - mainstreetjake - mandypandy - mikeskellington -
            - padgerfan - performerinwaiting - ss77 - theoretical - thinkingofdisney11 - wendyinwonderland - williamtheking -

Comment

Wow, a Marry Poppins Musical! That would have been a great idea!

Comment

The Toy Story Musical

If you havn't herd yet:
                park in early 2011.

The 50-minute musical will preserve the humor and heart of the original film and will explore the true meaning of friendship as Buzz Lightyear and Woody transform from jealous adversaries to best friends with an unbreakable bond.

How do you guys feel about this? Do you think this will be a great show? Or do you think they should have thought of something fresh and original?
                Personally, I think we shouldn't have any musicals at all they should make a new ride. Like they maybe could have the Rockin' Rollercoaster they were planning to be built or I know this is copied from The disney cruise ship but Golden Mickeys it fits the Hollywood theme well. So tell me your thoughts, ideas on new rides or anything you feel should put in. One thing is for sure we have enough of Toy Story in DCA
                Originally posted by MainStreetJake
                Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
                Originally posted by williamtheking
                Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the for it!
                Mike Skellington
                My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

Comment

Originally posted by dmtnt55 View Post
                  Wow, a Marry Poppins Musical! That would have been a great idea!
                  Not as popular as Aladdin was. No "Average Joe" family would stop during their day and go see Mary Poppins. Only true Disney fans and people who love that film (like myself) would.

The company is putting Toy Story there because they know "average joe" families going on their summer vacation would stop to see Toy Story the Musical because their kids love the film. That's the reason. The appeal is sky-rocketing.

Even though it will probably be an abomination. Gotta love the film though.

YouTube Channel:
                  DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc. :ap:

Comment

Re: The Toy Story Musical

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...e-aladdin.html

Comment

Although I do feel a Disney Musical deserves its place in the backlot, I would love to see a ride there. Rock N Rollercoaster probably won't fit in that space, but I would love to see a technically astounding version of the Great Movie Ride at DHS. I always felt that that ride had the classic Disney feel and would bring a richness to the backlot area as well as it would cover the classic Hollywood vibe by covering all the best films. And we all know DCA needs really fantastic Dark Rides. I also feel ride like this could replace Monsters Inc. and would have to expand somehow. That Mickey Mouse fountain looks awful with the Monsters Inc. background behind it.

But if a musical were to be kept in to the Hyperion, keep a Golden Age Disney story in it. Broadway style Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Lion King, any would work for me! Beauty and the Beast would probably have the most appeal.

YouTube Channel:
                      DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc. :ap:

Comment

Originally posted by jcman3777 View Post
                        Not as popular as Aladdin was. No "Average Joe" family would stop during their day and go see Mary Poppins. Only true Disney fans and people who love that film (like myself) would.

The company is putting Toy Story there because they know "average joe" families going on their summer vacation would stop to see Toy Story the Musical because their kids love the film. That's the reason. The appeal is sky-rocketing.

Even though it will probably be an abomination. Gotta love the film though.
                        Eh, true. Can't "average joe" families like musicals that, I don't know, already have music in the movie? (and by music, I mean the characters singing.)
                        blogtwitterdeviantart

psh! hey, you! i make miniature disney hats. wanna see them? click here.

some cool cats:
                        - a113 - animekiti4christ - captianeo,atis - ckelef1 - cocoa - dapperjoshua - disneyizz -
                        disneylove - the disneylander - *disneyprincess* - disneyroyals411 - dmtnt55 - donald_duck -
                        - fangalicious44 - firebolt413 - gummibears_rock - ice101 - incrediboy - itsxxdomoxxkun -
                        - junglecruisefan - kablary - kritter -littleactressann - mainstreetjake - mandypandy - mikeskellington -
                        - padgerfan - performerinwaiting - ss77 - theoretical - thinkingofdisney11 - wendyinwonderland - williamtheking -

Comment

i dont see why the idea of Toy Story being a musical is so far-fetched. i'm not saying it'll be good or bad, but it seems people are having a hard time grasping the fact that a non-musical film can be made into a broadway-esque musical show.

some of today's great broadway hits have been adaptations of something not related to music at all: Legally Blonde won Actors' Equity Assoc. award for Best New Touring Musical, as well as the Broadway League's Best New Touring Musical, Best Design in a Touring Musical, and Best Choreo in a Touring Musical -- not to mention a vast amount of nominations. Spamalot (adapted/inspired by a non-musical movie, Monty Python and the Holy Grail) wins the Tony Award for Best Musical, Best Performance by a Featured Actress, and Best Direction of a Musical. and do i even need to mention Wicked (which was based off a novel, no music or even a visual) which won Tony's Best Scenic Design and Best Costume Design, and a Tony for mrs. Idina Menzel -- among many others. it literally took the broadway world by storm.

i understand that these shows at DCA will not be in any way up to par with the caliber of actual broadway productions. but considering Disney's great work with broadway productions of The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Aida, Tarzan, and Mary Poppins, i'm sure they can come up with something that wouldn't be *TOO* bad.

they've added new original songs for the musical shows including "Morning Report" in Lion King and Jasmine's song in the current DCA Aladdin show "To Be Free" (lucky bird in a guilded cage), which in my opinion, was one of the better and more heartfelt pieces and melodies of the entire show.

it's definitely doable. but whether or not it'll be good or bad, we'll just have to wait.
                          -plagued

Comment

Originally posted by Colorized View Post
                            I was just wondering about this.
                            If they had replaced Aladdin with Mary Poppins, that would be understandable. Already a musical.
                            But of all things...Toy Story? I think that basically any movie would be better than that (excluding Pixar, since they don't sing!).
                            Yeah, and excluding High School Musical, even if the characters do sing

Comment

Why not get a Nemo Musical like in WDW?

Comment

Originally posted by Colorized View Post
                                Eh, true. Can't "average joe" families like musicals that, I don't know, already have music in the movie? (and by music, I mean the characters singing.)
                                Here's the thing. To "average joe" families (sorry to continue using the term), their children care much more about getting a glimpse of their favorite character than watching a classic musical. So Disney is going to make that happen by any costs, even if it means taking the movie and taking it to different mediums that don't make sense and were never intended (like a musical).

I agree, the movies that were originally intended to be musicals, should be the only ones that can be performed as a musical on the stage. I know Disney wants to do more Pixar because it makes money, but do it somewhere else and in the right medium. Nemo, Toy Story, none of them need to be musicals.

As I said before, Disney should put a Disney Golden Age musical in there.

YouTube Channel:
                                DisneyParkVideos

Comment

It will be good.

Comment

I really hope they use face characters and live singers. I'm gonna go look for video of the cruise show to get a general idea of what our show will be like. I'll get back to ya soon.

Comment

You know what people, at least it's not a High School Musical Play.

Comment

Whatever happened to original ideas? Why is everyone screaming for Disney to present us one of the Musical's already developed and those who don't want a show screaming for attractions that already exists? Why aren't we demanding new content? Whatever happen to taking something no one would think of and using or presenting something new with it?

What’s great about the current trends in taking a non-musical movie and turning them into a Musical is that you can expand the depth of the characters, create new situations or expand upon existing themes. That's why musicals like Finding Nemo the Musical or even Legally Blonde the Musical work; cause the message of a Father letting go is strengthened and highlighted or some ditzy blonde now is smarter and more passionate about chasing her love than in the original versions and the characters grow more in front of you. Sure the story isn’t new, but the presentation and expansion of characters is new.

In Toy Story, the characters are already strong and compelling and not much is needed to help strengthen them or tell their inner emotions. Both Buzz and Woody, while having good character development don't really grow or change that much. Buzz more than Woody but Woody doesn't really change much as he is still just as stubborn in the 2nd movie. This is just further pointed out by the music in the Toy Story musical cause they just comment on the themes already established by the character. No new ground, perspective or story is gained by the Music. There are maybe one or two songs that really strengthen the inner emotions of the characters in the show (Woody mostly in his song about “One Toy“) but they aren’t terribly memorable. Also, the settings and characters don’t lend themselves well to the confines of the stage.

Why not develop a new show like they did with Cinderella when they created Twice Charmed? They introduced a new story that continued to strengthen the Characters from the movie. You can't deny that Cinderella isn't stronger at the end of the show after watching her stand up to Lady Tramaine or that prince charming isn’t truly in love after watching him search for his true love and seeing past the rags to the princess he danced with at the ball.

I’m all for creating new memorable experiences that tell a different side of the story. Not ones that take a story we already know, strip out about an 30-40 min of character development and plot only to tell a story we already know and tell it in a way that lessens the characters and story. That’s why I’m excited to be rid of Aladdin in August of 2010 but I’m sad to see Toy Story in early 2011. What have we really gained or improved?
                                        Please pardon our dust as we gear up for an all new signature!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X