Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about candelight procession on Saturday

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Question about candelight procession on Saturday

    Just wondering what time the candelight procession started on Saturday! Thanks for the help
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

    AEROSMITH FTWW!

  • #2
    Re: Question about candelight procession on Saturday

    Originally posted by PerformerInWaiting View Post
    Just wondering what time the candelight procession started on Saturday! Thanks for the help
    This is what the CM Reference Guide says.

    "The Candlelight Procession & Ceremony will take place on Sat. Dec 5th and Sunday Dec. 6th at 5:30 and 8 pm this year in Town Square."

    I don't know if this mean there are two each night, or if it means 5:30 on Saturday, and 8 pm on Sunday. Its kind of unclear. I guess on a scale of 1-10 for useful info, this would be about a 5?
    Last edited by CMHusband; 12-03-2009, 09:42 PM. Reason: spelling
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror



    Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Question about candelight procession on Saturday

      I keep reading that Jon Voight is going to be the narrator this year, but nobody will confirm or deny it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Question about candelight procession on Saturday

        According to Mousesavers:

        Candlelight Processional

        The Candlelight Processional is an annual event on Main Street that includes a celebrity narrator presenting the Biblical Christmas story, plus a large choir and an orchestra performing traditional carols.

        In 2009 the Candlelight Processional will be held December 5 and 6, with celebrity narrator Jon Voight. If it is offered using the same schedule as previous years, there will be two performances each night, at 5:30 pm and 8:00 pm.

        In previous years, preferred seating was available if you purchased a special dining package that required you to spend a designated amount at one of the resort restaurants on the night of the event, after which you were given your tickets to the Processional. This has been discontinued for 2009.




        Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


        Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Question about candelight procession on Saturday

          Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
          I keep reading that Jon Voight is going to be the narrator this year, but nobody will confirm or deny it.

          Confirmed. that is also mentioned in the CM referernce guide
          Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror



          Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
          Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Question about candelight procession on Saturday

            Just another heads up regarding the weather. All of a sudden it now shows "Rain Likely" for Sunday night, and I know from past experience that they will CANCEL the show if it is raining. This would be only the second time in the past...oh....14 years or so, that a Candlelight show has been rained out. If I'm not mistaken, the last year it was cancelled we had Michael York as a narrator and we had to rehearse outside in a covered area with no walls. It started pouring and the wind picked up, and EVERYONE was soaked. Singers, instruments, music...

            And after freezing our butts off all afternoon rehearsing in the rain, they pulled the plug on the show five minutes before we were supposed to go on. Of course it stopped raining about five minutes after they pulled the plug. :bang:

            So...it doesn't look good right now for Sunday night, but you never know when there just might be a break in the weather. Or maybe this storm will hold off until Monday.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Question about candelight procession on Saturday

              Originally posted by Mac Daddy View Post
              Just another heads up regarding the weather. All of a sudden it now shows "Rain Likely" for Sunday night, and I know from past experience that they will CANCEL the show if it is raining. This would be only the second time in the past...oh....14 years or so, that a Candlelight show has been rained out. If I'm not mistaken, the last year it was cancelled we had Michael York as a narrator and we had to rehearse outside in a covered area with no walls. It started pouring and the wind picked up, and EVERYONE was soaked. Singers, instruments, music...

              And after freezing our butts off all afternoon rehearsing in the rain, they pulled the plug on the show five minutes before we were supposed to go on. Of course it stopped raining about five minutes after they pulled the plug. :bang:

              So...it doesn't look good right now for Sunday night, but you never know when there just might be a break in the weather. Or maybe this storm will hold off until Monday.
              Where are you getting your weather forecast from? On weather.com it says rain on Monday. But I live in San Diego so I haven't been seeing the OC weather on the news. I have tickets for Sunday, and we are bringing people with us that have never seen it before. I was also there the year it was rained out a few years back.
              San Diego Pole Parties

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Question about candelight procession on Saturday

                Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
                This is what the CM Reference Guide says.

                "The Candlelight Procession & Ceremony will take place on Sat. Dec 5th and Sunday Dec. 6th at 5:30 and 8 pm this year in Town Square."

                I don't know if this mean there are two each night, or if it means 5:30 on Saturday, and 8 pm on Sunday. Its kind of unclear. I guess on a scale of 1-10 for useful info, this would be about a 5?
                In the past there have been two each night.
                First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
                First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
                BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Question about candelight procession on Saturday

                  I'll be there tonight to see it

                  Ta Da!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Question about candelight procession on Saturday

                    the procession starts at 5:10 and again at 7:45 going the opposite direction, and tehn the candlelight ceemony starts 5:30 and again at 8pm....Be prepared for major redirect if you just happen top be passing by.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Question about candelight procession on Saturday

                      wait, it says on D23 that its on the 6th, is there no procession tonight?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Question about candelight procession on Saturday

                        Originally posted by The Red Head View Post
                        Where are you getting your weather forecast from? On weather.com it says rain on Monday. But I live in San Diego so I haven't been seeing the OC weather on the news. I have tickets for Sunday, and we are bringing people with us that have never seen it before. I was also there the year it was rained out a few years back.
                        National weather service has since backed off a bit for Sunday night but is still calling for a 40 percent chance of showers, but you might still be ok.

                        Officially they are calling for 20 percent showers during the day and up to 40 Sunday evening, but I'm not sure if they've nailed down the timing on this yet. They also have a 90 percent chance of heavy rain on Monday. This is as of 3 pm today at:

                        http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...2=-117.914&e=1
                        Last edited by Mac Daddy; 12-05-2009, 03:06 PM.

                        Comment

                        Get Away Today Footer

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X