Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Main Street Announcer

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Main Street Announcer

My son's high school marching band recently marched down Main Street and I got to wondering who the announcer is ("Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls...lets' give them a warm welcome"). I can't seem to find a definitive answer on the web or in MiceChat (not to say there isn't an answer, I just can't find it!).

He's also the voice who announced the fireworks were cancelled due to wind conditions.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aCBffEy77M"]Check out this video for an example[/ame]
    Last edited by yorbadad; 12-04-2009, 10:54 AM. Reason: Addn link

Re: Main Street Announcer

Isn't that Jack Wagner Jr.?
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Nope. His name is Bill Rogers.
      http://voice123.com/billrogers
      DisneyTwins
      Since May 2003

Comment

Bill Rogers is the current announcer voice. There's a fascinating podacast about him (Disneyland Resort podcast)

EDIT: Disneytwins--is it a tie or what?

Comment

Both at 2:05! I knew someone would try to beat me to it!
          DisneyTwins
          Since May 2003

Comment

I'm happy to learn this as well. Thanks to both responders. Next Dole Whip is one me.
            First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
            First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
            BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Hmm, that's odd; they don't offer the podcast that features him anymore (Official Resort podcast).

Last edited by SummerInFL; 12-08-2009, 05:43 AM. Reason: Removed link to copyrighted material.

Comment

Thanks, Disneytwins and Nautilus!

Comment

In any case, it brings back so many great memories of the voice of Jack Wagner, Sr, "the voice" of Disneyland for so many years.

For those that might remember the last few seasons of "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet" on ABC-TV, he also played Jack, who ran the soda fountain at the "Campus Malt Shop".
                  God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X