This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Happy birthday, walt!

I don't know if anyone beat me to it, but I'd like to be (one of?) the first micechatter(s) to wish happy birthday to Walter Elias Disney, born Dec. 5, 1901. We will never forget Walt Disney, the man who started it all. I propose a toast to the originator; here is a post I wrote in his honor earlier this year, in another thread.

Let's raise our glasses in honor of a great dreamer, visionary, and innovator. A toast to greatness, to fearless trailblazing, to the power of bringing together creative minds for a common purpose: creating art and entertainment that would last far beyond their lifetimes. To Walt, the founder and father of Disneyland...

WE. ARE. NOT. WORTHY. :bow::bow::bow::bow:

(but we are grateful!)

Re: Happy birthday, walt!

Let's raise our glasses to a man who's imagination was as big as his smile.

A man with dreams that could span for miles, a father, a husband and the creator of Disney in general.

He is living proof that anything is possible if you put your mind to it, the impossible can be possible with a little sparkle of pixie dust.

Comment

well i'm in california and it's only 11:10, so it's not his birthday over here yet. However, since he was born in chicago, i guess it would be his birthday...

flower gleam & glow...

Comment

Thanks, Gaston, well said.

kbuford, I guess that explains why no one else has honored his birthday yet; technically, it's only his b-day on the east coast at the moment. In any case, I look forward to reading the tributes that pour in...

Comment

Hey, WALT!!

HAHAHA (he knows what that means) , one martini with 2 olives and overlooking a Burbank Skyline! Or at least a view overlooking the Hilton Tower?
          I hope in his apartment he had a good nap, but checked out the martinis at the Uva Bar and Ron makes a good Long Island.

Comment

Happy birthday, Walt. Other than family, you are the greatest influence on my life.
            Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
            Charter Member

Comment

By the way, Walt's name is supposed to be capitalized in the title; can a mod change it, please? Thanks.

Comment

Happy birthday to a man who revolutionized the cartoon industry, a man who created the magic kindom, and a man who made us believe that all our dreams can come true....happy birthday Uncle Walt

Comment

Happy Birthday Walt! I was just at the Princess and the Frog screening at the Burbank studios...very cool, I was leaving just at midnight, thinking about him and all he created!

Comment

Happy B-day Walt!

~Dex
                    "Fish are friends! NOT food!"
                    ~Finding Nemo

Comment

Here's a toast to you, Walt Disney. Without you, Osamu Tezuka wouldn't have been inspired to create the first Anime series.

I mean, ah.. You're awesome, yeah!! *runs*

x3 Seriously though, it's amazing what that guy and his team of creative people have done for an entire art medium. And now that I'm staking my career on that medium, I can't be grateful enough. All thanks to that talent of his for getting the right people to do the right things at the right time. The world needs creative leader-types like him.

Comment

Comment

Happy birthday Walt, I cant imagine what the world would be like, had you not accomplished everything you did, and I cant wait to finally be a small part of that in January.

Comment

Nice job, Bob. Happy Birthday Walt!
                            First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
                            First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
                            BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Happy Birthday Walt!
                              Putting the um in forum. Um...

Comment

Oh, Happy Happy Birthday, Walt! Thank you for the imagination and love and fantasy that inspires me every day.
                                All it takes is a dream and a wish!

Comment

Comment

happy birthday walt!
                                    we praise your disney vault
                                    without your determination
                                    the world would have no imagination
                                    and we'd all be mining salt

there's my limerick
                                    happy birthday walt disney!!!
                                    Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                                    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                                    Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Happy Birthday, happy birthday, happy happy birthday to you!

flower gleam & glow...

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
                                        I don't know if anyone beat me to it, but I'd like to be (one of?) the first micechatter(s) to wish happy birthday to Walter Elias Disney, born Dec. 5, 1901. We will never forget Walt Disney, the man who started it all. I propose a toast to the originator; here is a post I wrote in his honor earlier this year, in another thread.

Let's raise our glasses in honor of a great dreamer, visionary, and innovator. A toast to greatness, to fearless trailblazing, to the power of bringing together creative minds for a common purpose: creating art and entertainment that would last far beyond their lifetimes. To Walt, the founder and father of Disneyland...

WE. ARE. NOT. WORTHY. :bow::bow::bow::bow:

(but we are grateful!)
                                        dang, so busy today I forgot
                                        thanks for the reminder.
                                        If we want to go the depressing route, in 10 days is when we said goodbye.

Happy B-day Walt!!!!
                                        Quote by Al:
                                        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                                        -Al Lutz

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X