Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any pay surcharge for DTD parking after midnight?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Any pay surcharge for DTD parking after midnight?

hello there,

I have a friend who is coming to DTD for the first time in a few weeks. It will be his first time there. He is going to House of Blues in a few weeks to see some band play. Anyway, he thinks the show will go on until 12:30 am, maybe past that. He's thinking about going there early before the band plays for dinner, walk around yada, yada, yada, but he's worried that if he has to pay for parking and goes his time past 12 am, it will cost more, especially on a weekend. Since he knows I'm a Disney nerd lol, he asked me is this is true?

I told him I *think* he will still be charge the $6 an hour, period, even if he leaves around 1 am. I'm pretty sure it does but since I rarely go there and have always left within the free limit, I really dont know. I'm pretty sure it is, but want to be positive and want him to have a positive his first trip there.

So, for the 'experts' out there, if he leaves around 12:30-1:00 am on a Saturday night, it should be the same price right? Oh, and how long does the gates stay open?? He is also worried his car will be trapped there if he leaves too late lol. I told him that as long as DTD is open, attendants will be around, so he wont have to worry about getting a hotel for the night . I'm right on that as well, yes?

Re: Any pay surcharge for DTD parking after midnight?

I've tried leaving right at midnight once and the attendants were still there, but I have left house of blues at 2am on numerous occasions with there being no attendant. I believe they leave somewhere around 12:30. When the attendants leave, the put the gates up, so you can leave the parking lot without paying. Your car will not be "trapped."
    sigpic

Comment

I don't know if it is 12:30 or 1 AM, but the booth attendants get off of work somewhere around there, i.e. the gates are open and there is no charge whatsoever for parking. If it was me, I would wait until 1 AM just to be on the safe side.

Comment

Whenever my dad picks me up from DTD, it's already around 12:28-12:30 and the attendants are already gone at that point. So it's likley that the attendants stop around 12:25-12:30AM

The world is a treasure trove of places.
        The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
        Indy Ride Count: 2211
        World of Color Count: 74

Comment

It all depends on the night....

Disney does know when the House of Blues has a major event, and when it is scheduled to end, and will keep staff on late if they think they can make money on the HOB crowd. They have kept the booths open past 2 AM on a rare occasion.

And also, on New Years Eve, (and a couple of other days, such as July 4th), Disney charges when you ENTER the DtD lots, just to make sure they get everyone's money, and that it cuts down the time to leave the lots after midnight.
          Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

it depends what day your talking about. if its the weekend, they will kept charging well past midnight

Comment

Thanks everyone .

I will let my friend know! Actually to be clear though, I only wanted to know if they charged more $6 an hour past a certain hour lol, but it sounds like it doesnt and it sounds like he may not have to pay at all if he stay past his limit. He dosent care about paying at all, but hes not a Diseny person in the least and only going to DTD to see a band but under the belief Disney will gouge your eyes out for cash when it can lol.

Thankfully, it doesnt sound like the case here!

(And Darkbeer, I'm back in L.A. for awhile....I will send you a PM soon and catch up )

Comment

you Can get up to 5 hour free with Validation

Toy Story Mania construction:
                Older photo
                New Photo

Member of
                MiceChat WDW Trip
                Next trip
                2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...