Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Where is the Ratatouille Float?

Seriously, why is that Float never there?
    It feels very short without it. I think they are being cheap
    I want the tall chiefs!!!!

btw, I think Pixar is taking over DLR.
    2 themed lands based on pixar movies, 2 pixar parades (Block Party, Play Parade),
    all the new rides are Pixar. Buzz, Monsters, Nemo, TSM,

Re: Where is the Ratatouille Float?

It's not that Disney is being "cheap." You know that sometimes cuts have to be made, right? Entertainment is usually the first department to get the cuts. I wouldn't go calling Disney cheap if I were you, because do you know how much they are spending on DCA? 1.1 billion. Not cheap at all.

Maybe the float is out for refurbishment. Maybe they just simply had to cut it due to budgets. I don't know what the case is, but I think that it is in no way due to Disney being cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo505 View Post
      It's not that Disney is being "cheap." You know that sometimes cuts have to be made, right? Entertainment is usually the first department to get the cuts. I wouldn't go calling Disney cheap if I were you, because do you know how much they are spending on DCA? 1.1 billion. Not cheap at all.

Maybe the float is out for refurbishment. Maybe they just simply had to cut it due to budgets. I don't know what the case is, but I think that it is in no way due to Disney being cheap.
      Disney's being cheap. Go look at Tokyo Disneyland entertainment schedule and come back and tell me Disney isn't being cheap.

Comment

It's seasonal. I don't know why it has to be, though. It should be back this upcoming summer.

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
          Disney's being cheap. Go look at Tokyo Disneyland entertainment schedule and come back and tell me Disney isn't being cheap.
          Disney doesn't run Tokyo Disneyland. Is it not possible that Disney has to make certain cuts due to certain economical circumstances?

Comment

Pixar is sweet, but they don't need too many rides.

Comment

Disney doesn't run Tokyo Disneyland. Is it not possible that Disney has to make certain cuts due to certain economical circumstances?
              They do need to make some cuts here and there, I agree. But I don't see why one parade float saves them that much money.

I don't have the numbers in front of me though. Maybe it's more than I think.

Comment

You'd be surprised on how some of the little things cost to run.
                DisneyTwins
                Since May 2003

Comment

The Ratatouille only runs during peak season points and they cut the float because it's the most expensive to run. They're not going be running it during the winter (they already would've by now since the days are getting busier). Most likely we'll see it again once late Spring/early Summer comes around.

Comment

As awesome as Disney is...They ARE cheap. They will work and work to get the highest quality services, cast members, vendors etc, but- because of who they are, pay the lowest prices. People and companies want to be associated with Disney and they know it. They will cut where they think they can and still maintain the quality. As a stock holder I respect this. If the US Government ran this way, imagine what a really great county this would be...(instead of great and broke)
                    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Dude Danny, it seems like you complain a lot, what's up with that?
                      Yaye!

Comment

Hasn't the Ratatouille float been gone a long time? Or did it return last summer?

In any case, yes I call it cheap, too. Go all out with excellent quality in everything you do, and you will reap the benefits. Budget slashing and cutting corners is not the best way to run a business.

"Quality is a great business plan." -- John Lasseter (hmm, has Disney heard of this guy?)

Comment

I wouldn't go calling Disney cheap if I were you, because do you know how much they are spending on DCA? 1.1 billion. Not cheap at all. .
                          Well,
                          Technically they wouldn't have to be putting over a billion into DCA if they weren't cheap the FIRST time.
                          Lesson not learned here, being cheap the first time will make you spend more the second (or third, or fourth or etc)
                          Quote by Al:
                          To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                          -Al Lutz

Comment

Just to give you a quick run down of comparison of entertainment with Disney Management vs OLC:

Disneyland Resort:
                            • Pixar Play Parade - runs daily but cuts a float during the non-peak seasons
                            • Disney's Electrical Parade - Hardly ever runs except for peak seasons
                            • Fantasmic - Dark in off season, week days in average weeks, and nightly in peak seasons
                            • Bill Hill and the Hillibillies - Small show with that takes somewhere around 10-12 CM's to put on that is daily
                            • Tiana's Showboat Jubilee - 30+ cast with 4 showings daily
                            • A Christmas Fantasy: Once on off days and twice on weekends and peak days
                            • Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular - 4 times a day on certain days
                            • Drawn to Magic - Small and fairly lame show several times a day
                            • Believe in Holiday Magic - Nightly firework

Tokyo Disney Resort:
                            • Legend of Mythica - 120+ performers with 12 floats, in depth story telling, and an original theme and score. Runs once daily except for 20 days of maintence each year
                            • Candle Light Reflections Final - Twice nightly for the final year of this firework spectacular
                            • Mystic Rhythms - 5 performances daily, cast of around 20 in 1400 seat theater
                            • Big Band Beat Christmas Special - Broadway style production where Mickey plays a drum set, runs 5 times a day
                            • Over the Waves Christmas Special - 20+ performers in this 5 times a day extravaganza
                            • Meet and Smile - 1 or 2 a day depending on seasonal entertainment offerings with around 12-15 performers
                            • Donald's Boat Builders - Continous show with meal that has run continously since opening but will close down for the final time on January 11, 2010
                            • Mermaid Lagoon Theater - Operated like a 3D show with continuous back to back showings, but instead with Live actors.
                            • Jubilation - Once daily parade with 160 performers, closes during Halloween season
                            • Electrical Parade Dreamlights - 150+ performers in this once nightly parade that goes dark for a majority of January
                            • Minnie! Oh Minnie! - 5 times a day show in Theater Orleans with some characters and around 25+ performers
                            • One Man's Dream II - 30+ performers in a huge out door ampatheater that runs 5 times a day
                            • White Holiday Parade - Twice daily parade with around 80+ performers. This parade is only here for 2009, and a new Christmas Parade is introduced every year
                            • Christmas Wishes in the Sky - Once nightly, 5-6 minute firework show

So the only thing that is truly acceptable to the OLC's standards at the Disneyland Resort is Tiana's Showboat Jubilee (although it would cause logistical nightmares) and Believe in Holiday Magic (But Tokyo's fireworks are generally horrible compared to DL.)
                            Last edited by Ice101; 12-05-2009, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by phi1215 View Post
                              Dude Danny, it seems like you complain a lot, what's up with that?
                              sorry, I don't mean for it to seem like that. I'm just curious why it's not showing. I've seen this show 3times but never seen the tall chiefs but only online and it gets me a little mad. If u ask me, I think it cost lots of money to pay the stilt walkers since they're so high.

It just doesn't seem complete without rats.
                              what if the Aladdin show ended up like this. so not complete.
                              PLEASE SKIP TO 3:30
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbdkmzaIAPs
                              Last edited by DannyLand; 12-05-2009, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                                Just to give you a quick run down of comparison of entertainment with Disney Management vs OLC:

Disneyland Resort:
                                • Pixar Play Parade - runs daily but cuts a float during the non-peak seasons
                                • Disney's Electrical Parade - Hardly ever runs except for peak seasons
                                • Fantasmic - Dark in off season, week days in average weeks, and nightly in peak seasons
                                • Bill Hill and the Hillibillies - Small show with that takes somewhere around 10-12 CM's to put on that is daily
                                • Tiana's Showboat Jubilee - 30+ cast with 4 showings daily
                                • A Christmas Fantasy: Once on off days and twice on weekends and peak days
                                • Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular - 4 times a day on certain days
                                • Drawn to Magic - Small and fairly lame show several times a day
                                • Believe in Holiday Magic - Nightly firework

Tokyo Disney Resort:
                                • Legend of Mythica - 120+ performers with 12 floats, in depth story telling, and an original theme and score. Runs once daily except for 20 days of maintence each year
                                • Candle Light Reflections Final - Twice nightly for the final year of this firework spectacular
                                • Mystic Rhythms - 5 performances daily, cast of around 20 in 1400 seat theater
                                • Big Band Beat Christmas Special - Broadway style production where Mickey plays a drum set, runs 5 times a day
                                • Over the Waves Christmas Special - 20+ performers in this 5 times a day extravaganza
                                • Meet and Smile - 1 or 2 a day depending on seasonal entertainment offerings with around 12-15 performers
                                • Donald's Boat Builders - Continous show with meal that has run continously since opening but will close down for the final time on January 11, 2010
                                • Mermaid Lagoon Theater - Operated like a 3D show with continuous back to back showings, but instead with Live actors.
                                • Jubilation - Once daily parade with 160 performers, closes during Halloween season
                                • Electrical Parade Dreamlights - 150+ performers in this once nightly parade that goes dark for a majority of January
                                • Minnie! Oh Minnie! - 5 times a day show in Theater Orleans with some characters and around 25+ performers
                                • One Man's Dream II - 30+ performers in a huge out door ampatheater that runs 5 times a day
                                • White Holiday Parade - Twice daily parade with around 80+ performers. This parade is only here for 2009, and a new Christmas Parade is introduced every year
                                • Christmas Wishes in the Sky - Once nightly, 5-6 minute firework show

So the only thing that is truly acceptable to the OLC's standards at the Disneyland Resort is Tiana's Showboat Jubilee (although it would cause logistical nightmares) and Believe in Holiday Magic (But Tokyo's fireworks are generally horrible compared to DL.)
                                Once again.. two different companies running the parks. You simply can't compare the two.

Comment

idk but I think that DLR over charges ppl sometimes.
                                  Water does not really cost $4.00 in real life. all their merchandise is over priced. but then again I guess they really need that money for the fireworks.

Comment

Once again.. two different companies running the parks. You simply can't compare the two.
                                    Why can't you?

The short answer is Disney is too cheap to run their parks the propper way like OLC.

The saddest part is Disney has been doing this enough that you guys actually buy into this nonsense of budget saving. Yes I could see some budget saving techniques so it would not be exactly like OLC but the fact is that Disney is so insanely low compared to the Tokyo Resorts, they have no answer.

Comment

Well, if you go to the fair, or other amusement parks or zoos water is $4 a bottle there too, it's just the industry. Got to make up costs when and where they can.
                                      Yaye!

Comment

I would suggest being happy when you get what you want, and happy when you don't. It is a business and they do what they can to provide the best show and service that they can, but it is a very big business in very hard economic times.

If you don't think the tourism industry hasn't been impacted by the economy you would be very wrong.

Of course, this is just a guess as to what the reason for this is, it, as it was said by many before could be maaaaaany different reasons.

Best not to worry about it, just try to enjoy your day at Disneyland.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X