Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your Ideas for a new Paradise Peir Hotel?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Idea] What are your Ideas for a new Paradise Peir Hotel?

    WARNING MAY BE TYPOS!!!!

    Ok, I'm pretty sure you've all noticed that the old Paradise Peir Hotel is a clashing eyesore to the new Victorian theme the peir is getting. If the curent Paradise Peir Hotel were to be demolished and you got to pick what the new hotel wound be like what would it be?

    Personally I woiuld redo the hotel to a hotel Coronado theme like the Picture below..


    (Not my artwork)


    That whole parking lot would be redone nicely landscaped and such. In the center would be a pool complex with a small lazy river and slides in the middle of it. Like the miniwaterpark park Splash in La Mirada. There would be a pond, paddle boats maybe, resturaunts, and maybe a mini golf course. And around it would be wings of the hotel.

    Here's something I did on Photo shop real quick to give you an idea.



    Blue- This would be the new giant Paradeise Peir hotel. The Circle up top would be the round tower like thing on the right of the first pic like the del Coranodo. The wing under that circle the rooms would face DCA and the big courtyard on the Oposite side. But the South wing and the west wing would only face the big courtyard and not the Residentail area or the parking lot.

    Light Blue- This would be a river/ lake body of water circling the courtyard. Maybe paddle boats or something could go in these waters.

    Baby Blue-This would be a basic Pool Complex but have a a theme like the Polenesion Hotel at WDW.

    Green- tHis would be a mini water park with a lazy river sourounding three slides. It might have other things and will be based off of a beach theme with Disney characters.

    Red- This might be a Mini Golf course of a resturaunt Idk.

    Wow, That ended up being a longer post than I thought. My Ideas not all to good but wht would you do with that space of land? I'd like to know!
    Last edited by Dlandclub33; 12-05-2009, 07:14 PM. Reason: typo

  • #2
    Re: What are your Ideas for a new Paradise Peir Hotel?

    I don't think you should doubt yourself because this is a good idea. I wouldn't theme the waterpark to polynesian ( I know you just gave it as an example), but something along the lines of the seashore or a tidepool. I do think, however, that it won't happen but perhaps they will make the current Paradise Pier hotel different and create a new hotel like this somewhere else.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What are your Ideas for a new Paradise Peir Hotel?

      One word:

      Epic.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What are your Ideas for a new Paradise Peir Hotel?

        If I owned The Hotel Del an hours drive south of Anaheim, Id sue Disney for copying the design. Just like a fake Grauman's Chinese wouldn't work in DCA.

        Although we do pass the Hollywood Tower Hotel off the 101 en route to DLR.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What are your Ideas for a new Paradise Peir Hotel?

          Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
          If I owned The Hotel Del an hours drive south of Anaheim, Id sue Disney for copying the design. Just like a fake Grauman's Chinese wouldn't work in DCA.

          Although we do pass the Hollywood Tower Hotel off the 101 en route to DLR.
          Here's an idea, wouldn't it be sweet if one of these days either of the American Disney Parks decided to build a real version of the Hollywood Tower Hotel?

          Think about it, it could be a deluxe movie-themed resort.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What are your Ideas for a new Paradise Peir Hotel?

            OP: Nice idea, well laid out post, gorgeous artwork. I give you a thumbs up in that it's an improvement over the Pacific Hotel, err Disney's Pacific Hotel err Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel.

            But you have geography working against you, plus it's too reminiscent of Disney's Grand Floridian.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What are your Ideas for a new Paradise Peir Hotel?

              Great idea! The only problem with this is that it's TOO similar to the GFH in WDW...
              and I would honestly keep the hotel towers the same, and not add any buildings. If anything, the area close to there, I'd try to add more room for parking...maybe a 3-4 story small parking garage. Maybe I'm just too worried about the parking at the resort. But I would love to see some sort of a change to the PP hotel.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What are your Ideas for a new Paradise Peir Hotel?

                Originally posted by Seant926 View Post
                I don't think you should doubt yourself because this is a good idea. I wouldn't theme the waterpark to polynesian ( I know you just gave it as an example), but something along the lines of the seashore or a tidepool. I do think, however, that it won't happen but perhaps they will make the current Paradise Pier hotel different and create a new hotel like this somewhere else.
                Thanks or the Great Comments Seant926. Yeah I wouldn't theme it to the Polynesain but something seashore with tidepoles like you said. Yes I KNOW it won't happen, but wouldn't it be cool? Haha One Can dream

                Originally posted by Mr. Gaston View Post
                One word:

                Epic.
                Thanks Mr Gaston!

                Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                If I owned The Hotel Del an hours drive south of Anaheim, Id sue Disney for copying the design. Just like a fake Grauman's Chinese wouldn't work in DCA.

                Although we do pass the Hollywood Tower Hotel off the 101 en route to DLR.
                Well It wouldn't be an exact replica but just have simaler (did I spell that right?) architecture and desighn.

                Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                OP: Nice idea, well laid out post, gorgeous artwork. I give you a thumbs up in that it's an improvement over the Pacific Hotel, err Disney's Pacific Hotel err Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel.

                But you have geography working against you, plus it's too reminiscent of Disney's Grand Floridian.
                Thanks for the nice comments! Yeah I know I have geogrophy working against me and its like the Grand Floridian. But at WDW isn't the Wilderness lodge hotel similar to the the Grand Californian?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What are your Ideas for a new Paradise Peir Hotel?

                  Originally posted by Mr. Gaston View Post
                  Here's an idea, wouldn't it be sweet if one of these days either of the American Disney Parks decided to build a real version of the Hollywood Tower Hotel?

                  Think about it, it could be a deluxe movie-themed resort.
                  Wow thats a great Idea! I'd Love to hear more on your idea!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What are your Ideas for a new Paradise Peir Hotel?

                    Originally posted by MainSreetJake View Post
                    Great idea! The only problem with this is that it's TOO similar to the GFH in WDW...
                    and I would honestly keep the hotel towers the same, and not add any buildings. If anything, the area close to there, I'd try to add more room for parking...maybe a 3-4 story small parking garage. Maybe I'm just too worried about the parking at the resort. But I would love to see some sort of a change to the PP hotel.
                    Smart Idea. Since Parking is a mess it would help the situation to be easier.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What are your Ideas for a new Paradise Peir Hotel?

                      like most have say WE need parking!!

                      tram to park




                      Toy Story Mania construction:
                      Older photo
                      New Photo

                      Member of
                      MiceChat WDW Trip
                      Next trip
                      2014 Dec, 31

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: What are your Ideas for a new Paradise Peir Hotel?

                        Originally posted by MainSreetJake View Post
                        Great idea! The only problem with this is that it's TOO similar to the GFH in WDW...
                        Could be, and not to mention the other Disneyland Hotels around the world that look similar (DLRP and HKDLR, with TDLR still a bit similar). However, Paradise Pier has awesome potential for a new Hotel del Coronado style hotel that could play off more of the seaside look than just turn-of-the-centrury elegance. Think about more roof area with more dormer rooms and more whimsical seaside landscaping. Some old-fashioned bulbs could top it off and make it a beautiful sight to compliment Paradise Pier at night. My point is, with a slightly new direction to make it more California-specific, the hotel could be a brand new idea.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: What are your Ideas for a new Paradise Peir Hotel?

                          Originally posted by WDITrent View Post
                          Could be, and not to mention the other Disneyland Hotels around the world that look similar (DLRP and HKDLR, with TDLR still a bit similar). However, Paradise Pier has awesome potential for a new Hotel del Coronado style hotel that could play off more of the seaside look than just turn-of-the-centrury elegance. Think about more roof area with more dormer rooms and more whimsical seaside landscaping. Some old-fashioned bulbs could top it off and make it a beautiful sight to compliment Paradise Pier at night. My point is, with a slightly new direction to make it more California-specific, the hotel could be a brand new idea.
                          Wow Great idea! Thjat would totally be beutifull at night! Especailly from DCA! :thumbup:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: What are your Ideas for a new Paradise Peir Hotel?

                            I like the idea except I would rather see that area turned into a new part of DCA in a while.
                            "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

                            SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

                            Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
                            YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
                            Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
                            (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: What are your Ideas for a new Paradise Peir Hotel?

                              I really like this idea. 'Nuff said.

                              Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                              But you have geography working against you, plus it's too reminiscent of Disney's Grand Floridian.
                              I see what you're saying, but the Grand Californian is also extremely similar to the Wildnerness Lodge, but it doesn't make either hotel any less popular.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: What are your Ideas for a new Paradise Peir Hotel?

                                This is a really good looking idea.


                                Nice post!

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: What are your Ideas for a new Paradise Peir Hotel?

                                  Looks like




                                  Love that artwork! I think this is a great idea!

                                  one hundred and one

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: What are your Ideas for a new Paradise Peir Hotel?

                                    Thanks for all the nice posts everyone.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: What are your Ideas for a new Paradise Peir Hotel?

                                      I don't know if you had realized, Disney has proven to like the idea of having a Hotel Del Coronado style hotel on their property. They designed the Grand Floridian Hotel at WDW after Hotel Del Coronado. As seen in Imagineer Scotts post.

                                      Obviously Disneyland already has their Grand Californian...But I think this would be a great addition to the Disneyland Resort property. I don't know if Paradise pier hotel would keep its name, but it would look spectacular over there. What a great backdrop it would be to Paradise Pier.

                                      YouTube Channel:
                                      DisneyParkVideos

                                      ...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc. :ap:

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: What are your Ideas for a new Paradise Peir Hotel?

                                        I'm going to stay out of the "what's copying what" conversation but will agree that Paradise Pier Hotel needs a major renovation. It's an eyesore and there's a ton of space in the lot behind it for a better resort.


                                        Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                                        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

                                        Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X