Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] If Disney ever lost their minds...

...and started selling plush toys that look like Walt at Disneyland, would you buy one?

Would it make a difference if he said "To all who come to this happy place: welcome" when you squeezed his hand?

(Don't worry, votes are anonymous.)
    Yes
    20.00%
    No
    50.00%
    No, but I would secretly want one.
    30.00%

Re: If Disney ever lost their minds...

Uhh... no. And even if they did go crazy and wanted to do this, they would need the permission of the Disney family before they could do anything like this.

Comment

I think it would be cool if they made a bobble head Walt like the Einstein, I'd buy that for sure!
      Yaye!

Comment

Oh wow...that would be so sad. ) I would be somewhat amused, in a depressing sort of way, but I wouldn't buy one.

Comment

Depending on it's appearance and how realistic it looks compared to Walt (which is easy for Disney) then Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by dmtnt55 View Post
            Depending on it's appearance and how realistic it looks compared to Walt (which is easy for Disney) then Yes.

Comment

What do you mean "if" Disney loses its mind?

Comment

True enough, the Disney Co. has indeed lost their minds, but that's another story altogether!

I really doubt I'd buy one. To me all things Disney are about non-real people and places. It's more of an escape from reality for me.

I'm not trying to discredit Walt at all, it's obvious he was a creative genius who also had a very real grasp of the publics desires. But Walt was a creator, not a star. The actual stars are things like Alice, Tink, Snow White, and a host of other characters we hold near and dear to our hearts.

In my opinion, a real person detracts from the overall experience.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post
                  I'm not trying to discredit Walt at all, it's obvious he was a creative genius who also had a very real grasp of the publics desires. But Walt was a creator, not a star. The actual stars are things like Alice, Tink, Snow White, and a host of other characters we hold near and dear to our hearts.
                  Shows how much they've already lost their mind. MICKEY MOUSE is the soul and forever will be the absolute most favorite character the Disney company will ever make. Not some bratty fairy or a stinking princess.

I'm sorry if this is a little harsh, but Disney only has one face, Mickey Mouse.

Comment

They already lost their minds by putting a look a like in a parade.

Seriously Disney? Cmon...

one hundred and one

Comment

Originally posted by phi1215 View Post
                      I think it would be cool if they made a bobble head Walt like the Einstein, I'd buy that for sure!
                      Being a bobblehead freak, I think that's a great idea!
                      sigpic
                      Home away from Home.

Comment

Remember, Walt Disney liked Dark and gloomy things. He always wanted to film or make a Horror animated movie. But, he kept that to himself. If he did made one, it will be different from his Disney animated classics and some lost reputation. He is not really making those in the early years.

Only with the exception of A Mickey Mouse Cartoon 'The Mad Doctor.' (1933)

Followed by it's spiritual successor. 'The Runaway Brain.' (1995)

Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom!
                        Save
                        Sav

Comment

Sure would! :-)

Comment

you know there are a lot of things to do with walt besides a plushie...a disneyland tradeing card set for one..featureing walt. think about it. an anniversary set for the 55th year since the park was built in 55 , pins for tradeing with walt on them...all of them more tasteful then a plush and more collectible
                            "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

Oh dear God yes, I so totally would buy one!
                              "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
                              Disney sequel):
                              Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
                              Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
                              Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
                              Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
                              Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Comment

It's just odd to think about, but to be honest I could see the Park someday doing this, I mean the further Disneyland goes along eventually people stop seeing Walt Disney as an everyday person but rather a character in history. So yea, this could happen and no I would not buy one (I usually buy stuff to remember the rides themselves, last year I bought the Indiana Jones Jacket, year before that a Pirate Hat, etc).
                                "It matters not how strait the gate how charged with Punishments the scroll I am the master of my fate I am the captain of my soul" -- W.E. Henley

Comment

3 Words... NO WAY DUDE!

Comment

Originally posted by LangenFox View Post
                                    Remember, Walt Disney liked Dark and gloomy things. He always wanted to film or make a Horror animated movie. But, he kept that to himself. If he did made one, it will be different from his Disney animated classics and some lost reputation. He is not really making those in the early years.

Only with the exception of A Mickey Mouse Cartoon 'The Mad Doctor.' (1933)

Followed by it's spiritual successor. 'The Runaway Brain.' (1995)
                                    this explains snow white and pinnochio and all those other movies i'm still scared of to this day.
                                    it explains soooo much now....soooooooooooo much....
                                    Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                                    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                                    Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Originally posted by phi1215 View Post
                                      I'd be sold for sure!

Originally posted by dmtnt55 View Post
                                      I was actually thinking more along the lines of those big, squishy, round, and huggable plushes that they sell at WoD.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplemover Priit View Post
                                        Shows how much they've already lost their mind. MICKEY MOUSE is the soul and forever will be the absolute most favorite character the Disney company will ever make. Not some bratty fairy or a stinking princess.

I'm sorry if this is a little harsh, but Disney only has one face, Mickey Mouse.

Tinkerbell is a brat, but i'm sure the princesses have generally good hygene standards.
                                        And Mickey Mouse was pretty abusive to his other animal friends in the early days. He's only recently become squeaky clean. In fact, annoyingly squeaky clean, that's why I don't like him all that much.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X