This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] pre-disneyland music?

so, the build-up to getting to disneyland is kind of a big part of the expereince for me. i love getting coffee and heading down the 5 early in the morning. no ap = always a full 16 hours in the park.

anyway, i always have to be listening to tragic kingdom when i'm pulling into the mickey and friends structure. maybe that seems counter-intuitive but it gets me super excited to be in anaheim where my favorite band is from and feeling the intensity of the song and the matterhorn voiceover. :blush:

what prelude to the magic do you require??
    "The magic is as wide as a smile and as narrow as a wink, loud as laughter and quiet as a tear, tall as a tale and deep as emotion. So strong, it can lift the spirit. So gentle, it can touch the heart. It is the magic that begins the happily ever after." ~ An imagineer

http://www.facebook.com/micahcard

Re: pre-disneyland music?

sixteen hours!!??
    how do you do that? hahaha
    for my brother's birthday, we got the fast-passes, but we told them our g-parents were coming and a bunch of other people, and got 16 fast-passes for the 3 of us. We got there at 7:40 as usual, for the rope drop, and our mom wouldn't let us leave untill we used up all the fast-passes! also throughout the day, my mom would leave the line to get a fast-pass, creating a huge fast-pass build-up. at the end of the day, at around 6:00, we had been on every major ride at least 5 times. I had such a huge head ache at the end of the day. It was the longest we've ever stayed at Disneyland! hahaha XD. Also, my mom only let us go on rides we had fastpasses for after 3:00, so it was the same rides over and over and over again.

sixteen hours?
    wow. :P

Comment

We've got no AP either... so we hit the park once a year in the summer and we're there from opening to the close of Main Street for 4 days in a row. Wasted dead by end of trip, but so worth it.

We start our road trips with Dizz Knee Land by Dada.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

well i like listening to the music in the espanlande (not sure if i spelled that right)

but i remember before grad nite i was listening to jonas brothers an hour before we got there
        Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
        You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
        Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Originally posted by Casey Jr View Post
          sixteen hours!!??
          how do you do that? hahaha
          for my brother's birthday, we got the fast-passes, but we told them our g-parents were coming and a bunch of other people, and got 16 fast-passes for the 3 of us. We got there at 7:40 as usual, for the rope drop, and our mom wouldn't let us leave untill we used up all the fast-passes! also throughout the day, my mom would leave the line to get a fast-pass, creating a huge fast-pass build-up. at the end of the day, at around 6:00, we had been on every major ride at least 5 times. I had such a huge head ache at the end of the day. It was the longest we've ever stayed at Disneyland! hahaha XD. Also, my mom only let us go on rides we had fastpasses for after 3:00, so it was the same rides over and over and over again.

sixteen hours?
          wow. :P

for one day i can usually do it with some obligatory cranky-ness by the time the fireworks are over. haha! but the one time i went for two days with my partner i had the most insane disneyland hangover on the 2nd day! i had circles under my eyes and a headache! i was waaaayyy to excited leading up to the trip and i overdosed big time! i then proceeded to fall asleep on the floor at sportszone. my partner decided it was best to not wake me, despite the bewildered children who apparently stopped to stare at me before their parents ushered them away from the naracaleptic girl wearing the tiara and glitter........

anyway...maybe i should take the songs that end up on this thread and make a mix for my next trip!!
          "The magic is as wide as a smile and as narrow as a wink, loud as laughter and quiet as a tear, tall as a tale and deep as emotion. So strong, it can lift the spirit. So gentle, it can touch the heart. It is the magic that begins the happily ever after." ~ An imagineer

Comment

Normally I listen to a ride-through like Indiana Jones or something. Sometimes I freak my friends out by timing the music just right to the ramp on the back of the Mickey & Friends and flooring it to the Raiders theme. Star Tours is a good one to listen to when flying too, during take off or landing (If they don't catch you and tell you to turn off your ipod)

Comment

Originally posted by villagecreator View Post
              Normally I listen to a ride-through like Indiana Jones or something. Sometimes I freak my friends out by timing the music just right to the ramp on the back of the Mickey & Friends and flooring it to the Raiders theme. Star Tours is a good one to listen to when flying too, during take off or landing (If they don't catch you and tell you to turn off your ipod)

hahaha! bangin!

Comment

Originally posted by micahglitters View Post
                so, the build-up to getting to disneyland is kind of a big part of the expereince for me. i love getting coffee and heading down the 5 early in the morning. no ap = always a full 16 hours in the park.

anyway, i always have to be listening to tragic kingdom when i'm pulling into the mickey and friends structure. maybe that seems counter-intuitive but it gets me super excited to be in anaheim where my favorite band is from and feeling the intensity of the song and the matterhorn voiceover. :blush:

what prelude to the magic do you require??
                No music; just talking about how EXCITED I am to be there, makes me even more excited!

I also don't go to the park regularly (probably 3-4 times a year) so I spend the the whole 16 hours in the park the while it is open as well, from 1st admission to Fireworks!
                :ap: Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!! :ap:

Comment

I need more answers to make a good pre-disneyland mix!!

<3

Comment

I have made public what I listen to on a road trip to Disneyland:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fozm3lBtGYI"]A Disneyland Medley [/ame]

Comment

that was pretty funny!

Comment

For the past couple of years, when my family and I go on we have a lot of little traditions, firstly we stop at McDonalds for breakfast then hit the road. On the may there my parents listen to the Carpenters, Billy Joel, Michael Jackson, but a few hours from Anaheim I bust out the Musical History of Disneyland Collection and when we arrive at the hotel and I put on "Remember, dreams come true."
                        "It matters not how strait the gate how charged with Punishments the scroll I am the master of my fate I am the captain of my soul" -- W.E. Henley

Comment

funny, we stop at mcdonald's too

honestly i don't know why, but usually with my dad driving our van ends up at the drive thru of mcdonalds before any long road trip

Comment

I have a bunch of random Disney songs from movies and rides so I usually plug the ipod in and listen to my entire playlist of Disney songs on repeat for the entire 6 hour drive down to Anaheim...

The day of going to the parks, I continue the ipod thing while being super fidgety and excited in the driver's seat while driving to the parking structure. x)

~Lianna~

Comment

Originally posted by Harrison View Post
                              For the past couple of years, when my family and I go on we have a lot of little traditions, firstly we stop at McDonalds for breakfast then hit the road. On the may there my parents listen to the Carpenters, Billy Joel, Michael Jackson, but a few hours from Anaheim I bust out the Musical History of Disneyland Collection and when we arrive at the hotel and I put on "Remember, dreams come true."

oh my gosh, i really want the musical history of disneyland. that would be the most bangin pre-dl music! which version do you have??

everyones traditions sound so fun!

Comment

Various mix here, since coming down from the Bay Area, and we have more eclectic tastes in music as well heh.....

Tom Waits is usually included, a couple Midnight Syndicate albums, but also the Haunted Mansion collection cd, parks area music home mix CD, and the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror queue songs and atmosphere cd go in.....
                                when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Originally posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
                                  Various mix here, since coming down from the Bay Area, and we have more eclectic tastes in music as well heh.....

haha, no yay area hyphy???

Comment

Originally posted by timbabbcomedian View Post
                                    I have made public what I listen to on a road trip to Disneyland:

A Disneyland Medley

hahaha! this just made me so happy! i couldnt watch it before cuz i was at work! way to bring the magic to the bay bridge!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X