This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Renting Disneyland??

Are corporations/people/anything/anybody able to rent Disneyland? How much is it?

I've heard you can only rent sections..

Answers mouseketeers!
    :ap: Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!! :ap:

Re: Renting Disneyland??

Unless you are Mickey or Hannah Montana no you can not rent the whole park, at least I have never heard of such a thing. I do know there is a picinic/party ground in the back behind big thunder you can rent and I have seen Disney itself shut off certain sections for special events, but I don't think the whole park can be "rented".

Comment

I don't know dollar figures, but corporations and organizations have been renting out the park for years, usually for evening functions. In the late 60's I went a few times to LA City Employee night and it included the whole park with unlimited use of attractions (no ticket books). I think that those nights included a few different organizations grouped into a single evening to help address the cost.

How much of the park you use for your event is directly proportionate to how much you want to spend. There was that convention a couple of months ago that just used ROA and NOS and had their own screening of F! It included all food and even alcohol for the guests and no kids were allowed. The food choices were limited to a few items: not like they had all of the food establishments open. But you can't just close one part of the park for a private event while the rest stays open, so they have to clear all guests before the private event can start.
      I want you to know, nobody cares more about your stupid problems than I do!

Comment

No I don't think you can rent the entire park, but like Goofy Daddy said, I think you might be able to rent Big Thunder Ranch for big parties.

Comment

I know they rent out the Hollywood section of CA, which is why they are holding off construction of that area untill phase two.

My grandma's charity once rented out Universal Studios once though! :P

Comment

Originally posted by MrToadOfToadHall View Post
            I don't know dollar figures, but corporations and organizations have been renting out the park for years, usually for evening functions. In the late 60's I went a few times to LA City Employee night and it included the whole park with unlimited use of attractions (no ticket books). I think that those nights included a few different organizations grouped into a single evening to help address the cost.

How much of the park you use for your event is directly proportionate to how much you want to spend. There was that convention a couple of months ago that just used ROA and NOS and had their own screening of F! It included all food and even alcohol for the guests and no kids were allowed. The food choices were limited to a few items: not like they had all of the food establishments open. But you can't just close one part of the park for a private event while the rest stays open, so they have to clear all guests before the private event can start.

So since I'm not a bagillion-aire I guess I can only dream of having the park to myself..*sigh*

Comment

Well therein lies the rub... how many organizations have 20,000 guests to invite to have the park look anything other than desolate from an attendance standpoint? Not many large corporate conventions will likely have more than 10,000 attendees. Something like CES could fill the park, but I can't see where any one corporation that presents at CES would want to foot the bill, and its not even a convention that is hosted in Anaheim.

Using a portion of the park can still feel very intimate even with 5,000 folks.

Comment

We went to similar nights in 1967, 1968 and 1969, which were Orange County Employees nights. My Dad worked for the County of Orange. It was from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m., and the park closed to regular guests before the event started. It was unlimited use of all attractions, no individual attraction tickets, and it was the entire park. I remember that the 1969 event cost $4 no matter what age. (The equivalent of about $20 today). I wanted to take my friend and my parents discussed the extra cost. However those events were very crowded, probably more crowded than a typical evening in May would be.

Comment

Last I checked (which was about 5 years ago) renting one land was about $250,000.00. The entire park was about $1 million. You can only do it at certain times. (ie After 8pm, etc...) You can also rent one attraction.
                  If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
                    We went to similar nights in 1967, 1968 and 1969, which were Orange County Employees nights. My Dad worked for the County of Orange. It was from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m., and the park closed to regular guests before the event started. It was unlimited use of all attractions, no individual attraction tickets, and it was the entire park. I remember that the 1969 event cost $4 no matter what age. (The equivalent of about $20 today). I wanted to take my friend and my parents discussed the extra cost. However those events were very crowded, probably more crowded than a typical evening in May would be.
                    I suspect you and I were there on the same nights at least once or twice then Bob. I was a kid then but i do recall that $4.00 sounds about right as does the 8pm to 1am timeframe. I would imagine that Orange and LA Counties shared an evening, along with other entities. I do remember it being very crowded.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
                      Last I checked (which was about 5 years ago) renting one land was about $250,000.00. The entire park was about $1 million. You can only do it at certain times. (ie After 8pm, etc...) You can also rent one attraction.
                      how much would renting one attraction be?

Comment

What's the magic of being selfish and making everyone else go home early, while you spend buckets of cash to hog the place for yourself? No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
                          What's the magic of being selfish and making everyone else go home early, while you spend buckets of cash to hog the place for yourself? No thanks.
                          I don't think the folks who do the renting are concerned about where the "magic" is in doing so.

Comment

Jeeeeze Grumpy Gary It wouldn't be as selfish if you rented the park after hours when everybody was gone..

I guess by yourself totally wouldn't be that fun, so thanks for that insight. With all of your best family and friends though, it would be amazing. Especially during holiday season

Comment

Well, if you need to be in DL from morning until night, you should plan around them and you won't have a problem.

one hundred and one

Comment

Hmm,

250k isn't bad for a single land I imagine. What is the capacity of each land and break it down from there to a per capita rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
                                  Well, if you need to be in DL from morning until night, you should plan around them and you won't have a problem.
                                  That's cool if you are able to. I have to admit though, if I could only afford one day at Disneyland with my family and knew it would be years until we could get back I, and our travel schedule meant that day X had to be our one day at the park....I would be "disappointed" (read as "frikin' pissed off") if I got there and found that our day was going to be cut short due to a corporate party.

Not everyone has the luxury of multiple days or multiple trips per year so that they can "plan around" corporate parties shutting the place down. Just mentioning that.

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
                                    That's cool if you are able to. I have to admit though, if I could only afford one day at Disneyland with my family and knew it would be years until we could get back I, and our travel schedule meant that day X had to be our one day at the park....I would be "disappointed" (read as "frikin' pissed off") if I got there and found that our day was going to be cut short due to a corporate party.

Not everyone has the luxury of multiple days or multiple trips per year so that they can "plan around" corporate parties shutting the place down. Just mentioning that.
                                    Exactly. I would feel too guilty for these kind of people, especially their kids, if I rented the park out to have fun.

Comment

Exactly. I would feel too guilty for these kind of people, especially their kids, if I rented the park out to have fun.
                                      I would rent it..... and then let as many people in as I could for free! There are lots of people who will never be able to afford a trip through Disneyland's gates.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey Jr View Post
                                        how much would renting one attraction be?
                                        Last time someone here checked, it was $36,000 with a lot of limitations. Basically it was dinner in Haunted Mansion. They have also done dinner in TOT for about the same price.
                                        If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X