This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Beauty and the Beast dark ride-

I love Beauty and the Beast; being that it is a Disney Classic by all means of today..(Belle is one of the most sought after princess', and recognizable) I say it deserves it own attraction. Post your idea, and rate/give opinion the attraction above yours and so on..(I.E. whoever posts below mine will rate mine and give opinions..and so on..)

Idea:

You board a Mrs.Pots car (think Haunted Mansion style; with moving floor belt), and you go through scenes of the movie (again; Haunted Mansion style..going up and down floors, and looking down on scenes, except with VERY realistic animatronics)..Would start in normal Beauty and the Beast, going through the story of the rose..and then on to Belle singing in her library..and (the best part!) You would go by the dining room scene where "Be our guest" is sang with ALL animatronic characters, in perfect, lit up Disney fashion, but you go OVER the scene and look down on all the action, but scents are going through the air and you can smell cake..turkey..and fresh linen napkins..The end would be where Beast turns into a prince, and the rest is history There would of course be lots of scenes in between..these are all just the big ones

I don't know where this would go in Disneyland; Maybe burn the Village Haus and make a huge attraction there ? I dont know..its the fun of thinking up a ride.
    :ap: Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!! :ap:

Re: Beauty and the Beast dark ride-

I really think Beauty and the Beast would be an ideal dark ride. It's visually amazing, very scary in parts and has amazing music. Other than the Princess Faire there's no good place to put it unless you take out a ride and I'm not too keen on that idea.

Comment

I'm not a fan of darkrides being book reports of the films that inspired them. If there was an original story to tell within the world of Beauty and the Beast, I'd be all for the ride. That's why I love Indiana Jones, Roger Rabbit, Tough to be a Bug, Mr. Toad, and Star Tours because these rides insert you into the film's world and take you on a new adventure instead of seeing scenes from what we already know.
      Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

They (Imagineers) designed a Beauty and the Beast dark ride using the trackless ride system where you would ride in tea-cups before Pooh's Hunny Hunt was built.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey Jr View Post
          They (Imagineers) designed a Beauty and the Beast dark ride using the trackless ride system where you would ride in tea-cups before Pooh's Hunny Hunt was built.
          How do I find more info on this online?? That sounds really interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by snowwhite9011 View Post
            How do I find more info on this online?? That sounds really interesting.
            check wikipedia; search Pooh's Hunny Hunt and you'll see it included in the article. Like International Street and Geyser Mountain, there are no images online of this attraction, nor are there any detailed descriptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey Jr View Post
              check wikipedia; search Pooh's Hunny Hunt and you'll see it included in the article. Like International Street and Geyser Mountain, there are no images online of this attraction, nor are there any detailed descriptions.
              no idea what International Street or Geyser Mtn are but I will definitely be looking in to those as well..Thank you!

Comment

I have been working on a plan for a Beauty and the Beast dark ride, but for a different location, which I will post in the coming days. I think that live shows are a major part of the Disneyland experience, so I would want to keep the Fantasyland Theater. My dark ride would be behind Storybookland and to the west of the Theater.

Comment

The one thing I would add to it you go to a sceen where you see Belle and her horse beeing case by the wolfs and a AA of Beast would come out to go after the wolfs.

Comment

I really think a nice reproduction of the village in the movie could be built in part if the land used by the IASW mall tiered area and the old motorboat cruise. They could either integrate a darkride into the area or the concept they once designed for Paris of a live audio animatronic heavy themed show. The quiznt little village would work well as a transition between IASW and the matterhorn.

Comment

personally, and this is just me, i just think that movie is too good for just a dark ride

i really liked the musical it used to have, but to be honest, i don't know how beauty and the beast could be well interpreted into a ride
                      Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                      You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                      Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

I agree with GummiBears_Rock. Beauty and the Beast needs to be told in a different medium other than a dark ride. I think the best option for it is going to be done in WDW as a whole Beauty and the Beast immersive environment. You can walk through the village, Belle's House and be magically transported to the Beast's Enchanted Castle. That's a very classy way to immerse yourself in the storytelling, than to have it in a quick dark ride.

Another way wold be having an extensive show in the Hyperion Theater. That would be fantastic to see at DCA.

YouTube Channel:
                        DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc. :ap:

Comment

Originally posted by jcman3777 View Post
                          Another way wold be having an extensive show in the Hyperion Theater. That would be fantastic to see at DCA.
                          Oooooh! I LIKE that! A BatB Musical that included songs from the movie would be worlds better than the planned Toy Story Musical that only has one song from the movie.

As for a BatB Dark Ride, I think a multi story Dark Ride building, built along the lines of the Alice in Wonderland Dark Ride, could fit in the space of the old Fantasyland Sky Ride. You'd have to move that little tchotchke cart from in front of that space, and probably some of the outdoor seating in front of the Village Haus, to make room for the queue, but Something should really go into that space.

Comment

Okay, off on a tangent, but here they have this great beautiful theatre with the Hyperion, Why not bring condensed versions of their already successful broadway shows to the parks. give people a taste of what disney theatrical has to offer...

suddenly you can create demand for the national touring productions of Lion King, Beauty and the beast, Mary poppins, Little mermaid, heck maybe even Tarzan could find new life... with consumers who were not traditionally theatre goers...

Comment

And back on topic, I know the princess faire is popular, but I too feel like that area is underused... would love to see another major attraction there... How about An Aladin Magic Carpet ride or something? and wish they'd have something more classic going into the old fantasy land boat canals rather than the Pixie hollow themed thing I heard was being worked on... Fantasy land could use something more "Boy" oriented...

Comment

ok so to be honest, i hadn't seen the movie for years, cause i was too scared
                                but now i finally saw it today, and yeah, i stand by my word.

Comment

I think you should be flying thru the ride on enchanted furniture, not potts. Perhaps all the different vessels where different furniture pieces that had just a little Disney magic of their own ;-)
                                  DTL :love:

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                                    I really think Beauty and the Beast would be an ideal dark ride. It's visually amazing, very scary in parts and has amazing music. Other than the Princess Faire there's no good place to put it unless you take out a ride and I'm not too keen on that idea.

yeah lets get rid of princess faire or bring back a nice production of a play. remember the glory days of that place actually being used as a stage?!?! i miss it

Comment

Originally posted by natedoggdeluxe View Post
                                      yeah lets get rid of princess faire or bring back a nice production of a play. remember the glory days of that place actually being used as a stage?!?! i miss it
                                      me too, that was a great play/musical/some sort of theatre production.

Comment

Originally posted by jcman3777 View Post
                                        I agree with GummiBears_Rock. Beauty and the Beast needs to be told in a different medium other than a dark ride. I think the best option for it is going to be done in WDW as a whole Beauty and the Beast immersive environment. You can walk through the village, Belle's House and be magically transported to the Beast's Enchanted Castle. That's a very classy way to immerse yourself in the storytelling, than to have it in a quick dark ride.

I think they could have achieved this very well in DCA in the animation studio. "what character are you" in the library thing is fun but it leaves me feeling like they could have done so much more before enter ursulas voice thing (which is real fun!) maybe like a gastons tavern or something or the ball room scene. the library just silk screen walls and lighting affects.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X