Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sleeping Beauty Castle- Hope I don't get killed for saying this! (not literally)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Sleeping Beauty Castle- Hope I don't get killed for saying this! (not literally)

I hope I don't get in trouble with you fellow Disney-lovers for saying this, bbbbbut....

I think the Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle is rather "chinsey"..I said it. I'm sorry. But I do think it! I feel like Walt loved things to be so grande, and special, yet this castle looks like something out of a mini-golf park.

I do very much so like Disneyland Paris' castle. It's so whimsical and pretty..The tall-ness of it makes it look so regal, like it almost feels like you shouldn't touch, look, or walk through it.
    :ap: Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!! :ap:

Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle- Hope I don't get killed for saying this! (not literally)

Really? I looooooooooooove it!

Comment

Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle- Hope I don't get killed for saying this! (not literally)

You aren't allowed to express your opinion here! What does this look like, some sort of internet forum?

Comment

I think it's the most beautiful of all the castles. Not only that, it has a history and legacy behind it that none of the others can match.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex E View Post
          You aren't allowed to express your opinion here! What does this look like, some sort of internet forum?
          I see you too majored in sarcasm

Comment

I liked it better in the 90s it was more worn out and looked more like a real castle now its pink.
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

It's not the grandest of castles, sure... but it's charming. I get that "I'm home" feeling whenever I see it. It's not the same when I see Cinderella's castle. They are just different feelings.

YouTube Channel:
              DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc. :ap:

Comment

It is not bad at all. As stated, not only is it actually quite impressive, but how can you mess with the legacy?

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
                  I think it's the most beautiful of all the castles. Not only that, it has a history and legacy behind it that none of the others can match.
                  I was just going to say that! I agree with you 100%.

Comment

It doesn't have to be big to be beautiful...it's the bestest castle ever!

Comment

Originally posted by snowwhite9011 View Post
                      I hope I don't get in trouble with you fellow Disney-lovers for saying this, bbbbbut....

I think the Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle is rather "chinsey"..I said it. I'm sorry. But I do think it! I feel like Walt loved things to be so grande, and special, yet this castle looks like something out of a mini-golf park.

I do very much so like Disneyland Paris' castle. It's so whimsical and pretty..The tall-ness of it makes it look so regal, like it almost feels like you shouldn't touch, look, or walk through it.

Yours is not the first thread ever pop up on this subject!

I do highly disagreed with you!
                      I would not change Sleeping Beauty Castle for all the castle's (tea)in
                      China!
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
                        Really? I looooooooooooove it!
                        I Love it toooooooooooo!
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I also have to disagree, I love the castle!

But, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Walt make it smaller on purpose? Because when Castle's were around the bigger it was, the more intimidating it was. Like a way to scare off people and show not to mess with the king that lives there. I think Walt wanted his castles to not be scary and intimidating, but friendly and welcoming.
                          Wow...I've been gone a long time...but I'm glad to be back!!

Comment

The castle seemed more real when it was painted and detailed appropriately.

All good fantasy depends on a veneer of reality. That veneer has been removed from SBC.

Comment

From some locations, it does seem too short, like it's missing an entire floor.

But with the Matterhorn next to it, they can't really make it taller because you wouldn't want a castle taller than a mountain.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X