Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Parade - Rollerskating Snowflakes

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Christmas Parade - Rollerskating Snowflakes

    For the past two weekends, it seems that the rollerskating snowflakes in the Christmas Fantasy parade have been without their snowflakes.

    Anyone know why?

    --Brian

  • #2
    Re: Christmas Parade - Rollerskating Snowflakes

    Say the parade last week and they had their snowflakes.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Christmas Parade - Rollerskating Snowflakes

      Just saw it a week ago too.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Christmas Parade - Rollerskating Snowflakes

        Saw it 2 weeks ago and they had them.



        ~babs


        Thank you Solitary!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Christmas Parade - Rollerskating Snowflakes

          Yeah I saw them with them on on Nov. 22nd



          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Christmas Parade - Rollerskating Snowflakes

            Saw the parade yesterday and they had their snowflakes.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Christmas Parade - Rollerskating Snowflakes

              If there are wind or weather conditions that make them unsafe, they usually go out minus the snowflake.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Christmas Parade - Rollerskating Snowflakes

                I must be just missing them. The last two times I've seen the parade, once this weekend, and once the weekend before... were sans snowflakes!

                The rollerskating snowflakes are my favorite part of the parade, and I can't believe they didn't have them twice in a row!

                What would the reasons be for not having them? Wind? Someone fall down and break them?

                --Brian

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Christmas Parade - Rollerskating Snowflakes

                  I was wondering about that myself. I thought they looked different. When I went the day before thanksgiving they were without the snowflakes.


                  I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Christmas Parade - Rollerskating Snowflakes

                    What Ohanas said -- Wind.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Christmas Parade - Rollerskating Snowflakes

                      Originally posted by briansp View Post
                      I must be just missing them. The last two times I've seen the parade, once this weekend, and once the weekend before... were sans snowflakes!

                      The rollerskating snowflakes are my favorite part of the parade, and I can't believe they didn't have them twice in a row!

                      What would the reasons be for not having them? Wind? Someone fall down and break them?

                      --Brian
                      I've seen it three times without the snowflakes. I thought someone was hurt or one of the flakes had been damaged and they needed time to fix them. Glad to hear that it was only temporary.

                      This is from 11/27/09:


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Christmas Parade - Rollerskating Snowflakes

                        If it's wind that kinda makes sense, but they were without in both parades last Saturday, and it wasn't windy at all. They had them at least the first parade Friday. One day last year they had them in the first parade but not the second.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Christmas Parade - Rollerskating Snowflakes

                          They remove the snowflake from a skaters back for wind, but send 20 feet tall christmas trees on wheels down the street?? Dumb.
                          I have seen it at least twice a week since it debuted and they have had them on everytime. One night it was so windy the fireworks were possibly not happening, but did, and the flakes were still skating.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Christmas Parade - Rollerskating Snowflakes

                            Should I be embarrassed to post that I have a had a secret dream to be a skating snowflake ever since I saw the Christmas Parade for the first time. :blush:
                            Counting down to Gumball Rally!!
                            Who doesn't love NAPS?!?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Christmas Parade - Rollerskating Snowflakes

                              Originally posted by shugrcoma View Post
                              Should I be embarrassed to post that I have a had a secret dream to be a skating snowflake ever since I saw the Christmas Parade for the first time. :blush:
                              If your a girl no
                              a guy...maybe (but whatever makes you happy)
                              Quote by Al:
                              To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                              -Al Lutz


                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Christmas Parade - Rollerskating Snowflakes

                                Originally posted by 1TINKFAN View Post
                                They remove the snowflake from a skaters back for wind, but send 20 feet tall christmas trees on wheels down the street?? Dumb.
                                I have seen it at least twice a week since it debuted and they have had them on everytime. One night it was so windy the fireworks were possibly not happening, but did, and the flakes were still skating.
                                It's not dumb, it's safety. Try skating along Main St. with the horse carriage tracks or by the castle with the bricks/wheelchair ramp while having a 10 pound snowflake attached to your back while there's a wind. There's a higher chance of those girls falling and hurting themselves more than a 20 foot moving tree toppling over because of wind. These girls, IMO, have the hardest part in the entire parade, performing-wise.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Christmas Parade - Rollerskating Snowflakes

                                  I'm not buying the wind explanation. I was there on both 11/25 and 11/27 and there really was no wind to speak of. Maybe a slight breeze, but not what I would call windy. I have shots of the Jubilee right after the parade, and the steam from the Mark Twain and streamers are going straight up. By comparison, on the 24th it was so windy, the streamers on the upper deck blew right into Tiana's face and she had to move to the other side of the boat. On the following night, again there was a slight breeze, but nothing noticeable until right before the fireworks started. (There was a 30 % chance of rain but no actual rain at the time.) The flakes were off for both of those performances. Someone might contradict this, but I really think something else was going on, i.e. they needed time to repair a broken flake, etc.

                                  Or maybe the weather report called for wind and it didn't show up?


                                  I agree they have the toughest job out there and should be extra careful. I'd hate to see one of them go over and get hurt.
                                  Last edited by Mac Daddy; 12-10-2009, 10:17 PM.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Christmas Parade - Rollerskating Snowflakes

                                    Originally posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
                                    It's not dumb, it's safety. Try skating along Main St. with the horse carriage tracks or by the castle with the bricks/wheelchair ramp while having a 10 pound snowflake attached to your back while there's a wind. There's a higher chance of those girls falling and hurting themselves more than a 20 foot moving tree toppling over because of wind. These girls, IMO, have the hardest part in the entire parade, performing-wise.
                                    I agree they have a hard job and do an amazing job.
                                    The tree is also secured to the float
                                    (big difference, human on wheels in wind vs tree attached to a huge float)
                                    Quote by Al:
                                    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                                    -Al Lutz


                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Christmas Parade - Rollerskating Snowflakes

                                      Originally posted by Mac Daddy View Post
                                      I'm not buying the wind explanation.
                                      Well, that's a bummer... Because, as a close friend of a Snowflake, they take them off when it's too windy - even if the wind was 15 minutes before showtime and it died just before step off, sometimes they have to make the call and safety always comes first.

                                      And trust me, they don't like it any more than you do...

                                      There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
                                      Flying through the stars just like
                                      Peter Pan
                                      I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

                                      It's a nice day when you wake up in
                                      Disneyland...
                                      -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

                                      Comment

                                      Get Away Today Footer

                                      Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X