This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Attractions: After Hours

Ok so we all know after another great day of magic, the attractions have to be shut off overnight.

But, what if one night, all the guests left except you, and the attractions were still going?

Think about this and answer these questions:
    1. What Attraction would be the most fun to sleep on?
    2. What Attraction would be the creepiest/worst to sleep on?

Ok, but also if you don't feel like sleeping, or want to experience an Attraction alone, which one would you choose?

3. What Attraction would be the most fun to ride on alone?
    4. What Attraction would be the creepiest to ride on alone?

For me:
    1. Tiki Room. Sleeping in the middle with all the birds and the fountain out would be beautiful!
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean. It's huge. I know, I know. Haunted Mansion. But I really think Pirates would be creepier, just think about it.
    3. Buzz Lighyear. You would get the high score easily! :P
    4. Pirates of the Caribbean. Yes, again it could be Haunted Mansion, but based on the size of POTC, it would be really creepy yet fun to ride alone.

What would YOU do?

Re: Attractions: After Hours

1. The Dream Home in Innoventions simply because the bed and couches are already so comfortable, and I really like it in there.

2. It's a small world because I think all those doll people would scare me while I'm tired and sleeping.

3. I agree that Buzz Lightyear would be the most fun to ride alone because it would make it easier to get higher scores. Space Mountain would probably be cool too.

4. Splash Mountain because I'd feel like I would fly out of the log easily without others' weight, and all the splashes from the numerous drops would have me drenched. The room you're in while you're going up the hill for the largest drop is pretty creepy too, and I wouldn't want to be alone in there.

Comment

i'd like to sleep on Soarin' Over California. the temperature in there is almost perfect for me. smells pleasant. and i love the music.

i would say It's a Small World. nothing worse than hearing that song as you sleep then having nightmares about the last thing you thought about before you finally dozed off.

i really can't think of anything. so i'll just settle with any thrill rides that already have their fun factor up there, ie Space Mountain, Matterhorn (left side), Screamin', Tower of Terror, etc.

the rides with in my opinion, the best set designs: Pirates of the Caribbean and Indiana Jones' Adventure. both are also fairly large sized attractions with large open spaces that can make anyone who's in there by themselves feel small.
      -plagued

Comment

1)I have often thought about this first question and if it wasn't for the drops, i would say Pirates, but since I can't reconfigure the attraction I would go with either The Mark Twain or Sailing ship Colombia.

2)Matterhorn - I love to ride it, but sleeping would be difficult with the dips and speed.

3) Jungle Cruise - Only if I could steer and shoot the gun!

4) Any of the Fantasyland Dark Rides - The things that pop out and strobe lights would freak me out and make me think Freddy or Jason were right around the corner!
        "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Comment

Hmm...

1. The Mark Twain. Imagine grabbing a sleeping bag, a pillow, and tons of blankets and climbing up to the top deck to sleep in the middle of the Rivers of America. All the other white noises would put me to sleep.

2. Injun Joe's Caves. Oh, excuse me. Pirates Lair. That endless rock labyrinth... who knows what lurks in there, even if it is a CM? And there's no escape because you're on an island!

3. Space Mountain. I would ride in dozens of times consecutively, and cause an E-stop somewhere in between so I could evacuate myself or have fun trying to figure out how to evacuate myself. If it turns out I can't release myself, I'll just sleep there until morning. Testing should wake me up a bit.

4. Indiana Jones. I could handle sleeping in one spot the entire night, like the rotunda, film room, or loading area. I could not bear to wake up in the middle of the night and go for a solo ride.

Comment

Great post!
            I always wanted to sleep over in the Swiss Family Treehouse, but since that is gone, I will replace it with Tarzan's Treehouse
            Haunted Mansion - hands down.
            Ok, but also if you don't feel like sleeping, or want to experience an Attraction alone, which one would you choose?

Peter Pan, or Jungle Cruise if I could steer and do the spiel
            Haunted Mansion
            sigpic
            Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Originally posted by sgtpeper View Post
              1)
              3) Jungle Cruise - Only if I could steer and shoot the gun!

psst: The wheel doesn't really turn the boat.

Comment

Pirates. I have always wanted to get on the floor and sleep down there. Or I would sleep on Alice
                Haunted Mansion... just can't imagine falling asleep and being all alone.

TSMM. Rack up all those points.
                Space Mountain. I dont know I think it would be weird.

Thank you Solitary!

Comment

I think I have to second the Innoventions dream home. As for others, any number could be fun: campout on TSI or Redwood Creek Challenge Trail comes to mind. Inside a ride vehicle: a Haunted Mansion doombuggy wouldn't be too bad; you could lay down and it'd be comfy with pillows.

I don't get creeped out easily at all, so as for worst, assuming you're on a ride vehicle, any ride where it'd get uncomfortable to be in the same position for a long time. As for being inside the show building, any place where it'd be really noisy or that sort of thing

Any roller coaster. Not having to listen to bloody-murder screaming in my ear results in blissful enjoyment. Doesn't happen often enough though--some screaming is just fine but going overboard with it becomes obnoxious fast. Once on Space Mountain I had the back rocket to myself, was in row 6, with only a few others in the front one. That was a nice trip for sure.

Again, it's very hard for me to get creeped out. But once I dreamed of being alone inside BLAB and had the most desolate sensation. I have since been on it a couple times late at night where there were enough empty vehicles either way so that I was pretty much alone in any one room, but was too busy shooting targets to notice it much. Also once I had a boat to myself in POTC with at least a couple empty boats ahead and behind which allowed a fair amount of isolation. It wasn't at all creepy or desolate but rather very enjoyable. Not Haunted Mansion either: you're isolated from anyone else inside your doombuggy anyway so what difference does it make? (Except maybe just the knowledge that nobody else is riding)

Regarding desolation, any ride or show where you're normally with a big group would certainly feel desolate to varying extents. A bit like being the only one at a movie screening (which I've had happen once before). For an extreme example, imagine being the only one at a Fantasmic showing, with nobody else around the whole riverfront. Before and after the show would certainly be desolate feeling.

Comment

hmmm....this might take me a while....

i'll get back to you on that...
                    Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                    Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

The Sailing Ship Columbia on a journey around the RoA until the sun comes up.

Haunted Mansion with the show lights and sound effects but without the background music.

Tie between TSMM and BLAB

Space Mtn

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X