Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland ride stories!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Fun] Disneyland ride stories!

    Im not sure if this is allowed here, but I'll know when i get PMed by a staffie.

    In this thread, you get to tell your fellow users your stories about your experences from the Disneyland rides.

    For example, During the Pirates of the Carribbean ride, I got stuck in a boatfilled with hecklers. I wanted to ride alone, and i got it. It was annoying >_< They also cussed too, so i turned around and told em to shut up. For the rest of the ride they were silent... but they kinda ruined the ride for me before i told em to shut up D:

    Random one i had to add: Stuck at the cobra sence in IJA I dont remember taking any pictures....
    Last edited by FantasmicDragon; 12-07-2009, 07:30 PM.
    STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

    Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
    This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
    I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

  • #2
    Re: Disneyland ride stories!

    Got stuck on Pirates for a good 45 minutes.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Disneyland ride stories!

      In 1968, me, my Dad and my sister were on the Alice's Adventures in Wonderland attraction, and we came into the room pictured below. I believe the 2 pictures show 2 views of the same room, from each end. The track went uphill in this room. As soon as we entered the room, we stopped behind another vehicle that was stopped. It had 4 adults in it, and apparently it was stuck. We wondered what would happen, then the dancing flowers on both sides stopped dancing, white lights came on, but I think the music continued. A couple of cast members appeared and escorted the 4 adults out of their vehicle and out of the room. I don't remember what was said to us, it was so long ago, but I remember that we stayed in our vehicle. The house lights went off so only blacklights were on, the flowers started dancing again, and the vehicle in front of us went on empty. A few seconds later our vehicle started and we continued through the rest of the attraction normally. At the time I was disappointed as it was my first time on it and I thought it had ruined it for us. But now I appreciate the novelty of it. It happened in this room:





      I believe in the 1983 remodel they changed the track layout so there wasn't as much of an incline in only one room. They must have spread out the change across several rooms. When going on this attraction in recent years, I have tried to figure out exactly where we were when we were stopped, but I think they redesigned the rooms as well. It was just about halfway through the attraction though, as you were going from the lower level to the upper level. I guess nowadays they would evacuate the entire attraction, but all they did was make the 4 adults leave. I guess they assumed that their vehicle had malfunctioned or simply wouldn't carry the weight of 4 adults up that part of the track.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Disneyland ride stories!

        Cool story, Bob!

        Another random one:
        Got stuck waiting in line in Haunted Mansion, in the part right before you get into the Doom Buggies.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Disneyland ride stories!

          On Oct. 21 this year, I was on IJA and we broke down in the room with the huge snake right beside us. I was in a group of 12 and we had the whole car. It was my first ride on IJA and I was having a blast. At first I thought the stop was part of the ride until the soundtrack stopped and we stayed in one spot for a loooong time. The house lights came on, and we were trapped there for 15-20 minutes.

          A CM came and told us an empty car had derailed and they were working on it. He told us we could ride through again when they got the ride going again. Once it got going again, we rode through a good 1/3 with the lights on, got to see exit doors, ladders, brooms etc. Got stuck again right by the giant ball, but only for a couple of minutes.

          When we got to the end, they were going to make us get off, but we convinced them to let us through again. We had to undo all of our seatbelts and pull them all the way out and then re-buckle them (I guess to reset the car).

          Second time had no glitches whatsoever. We took lots of pics of the group and the snake.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Disneyland ride stories!

            ^Ooh, mind sharing some pics of the snake?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Disneyland ride stories!

              One day I was riding Haunted Mansion, when it stopped to let a guest transfer from a wheelchair. My doombuggy was just past the end of the speedramp and the guest in the wheelchair was directly behind me. The CM then stuck a paper bat with Velcro onto the two doombuggies. After riding through without incident, we arrived at unload where we were told to remain seated. We got to pass through unload and see the door to the maintenance area before we arrived at the loading area. The guest behind us got back into his wheelchair, and we all got to ride the stretching room in reverse, back to the entrance. Apparently, there was a mix-up and the CM at load assumed we were with the man in the wheelchair's party. It was fun, though.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Disneyland ride stories!

                My best friend and I went to Disneyland over Memorial Weekend earlier this year.

                We boarded the Matterhorn and that's when I let out the most obnoxious scream ever. It's kind of like in the Dumb and Dumber movie, "Want to hear the most annoying sound ever?" lol! I actually recorded ourselves on the ride and of my screaming if anyone wants to see... My best friend and I called the the scream of the weekend...

                ~Lianna~

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Disneyland ride stories!

                  (FYI: Sorry my apostrophe doesnt work in Mozilla. Dont know why.)

                  In May we were in line at IASW behind a group with kids who all had about five strollers parked. When we finally got on the boat, we all noticed a group of trannies stealing the strollers (which were not rentals by the way) and running off with them. Well, one of the fathers was getting more and more angry as he watched and more and more red until he finally jumped out of the boat and went off running after those guys. The rest of the family stayed put but they were all quite upset. They didnt say much through the whole ride. When the ride was finally over, we all just happened to be going in the same direction and we found the trannies and the man who went after them at an eatery having drinks. I guess they worked it out and bought the man a soda (possibly lunch too.) Whatever happened, he looked pretty happy sitting there.
                  Shopping:
                  1. www.disneystore.com
                  2. "Disneyland Delivears" (800) 362-4533, [email protected]
                  3. Convert Best Buy CC points into Disney Gift Cards
                  4. Convert Disney CC points into Disneyland Tickets

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Disneyland ride stories!

                    Originally posted by rooby View Post
                    In May we were in line at IASW behind a group with kids who all had about five strollers parked. When we finally got on the boat, we all noticed a group of trannies stealing the strollers (which were not rentals by the way) and running off with them. Well, one of the fathers was getting more and more angry as he watched and more and more red until he finally jumped out of the boat and went off running after those guys. The rest of the family stayed put but they were all quite upset. They didnt say much through the whole ride. When the ride was finally over, we all just happened to be going in the same direction and we found the trannies and the man who went after them at an eatery having drinks. I guess they worked it out and bought the man a soda (possibly lunch too.) Whatever happened, he looked pretty happy sitting there.
                    haha. this is the most random turn of events.

                    -------------------------------------------------------------

                    my story (i've posted this somewhere on here before, but i forget where..): i received my first black eye at disneyland. on Space Mountain to be exact. it was the day Ghost Galaxy premiered. we boarded the coaster, and i sat to the left of my friend, who is known for going a bit crazy-hyper on rides. at the beginning where they changed it to be almost pitch black to go with the ghostly theme, my friends starts flailing his arms and screaming. and i guess his elbow was just destined for a path to my right eye. i get elbowed HARD. so hard that i thought i went blind. i couldn't tell until we got through the pitch black part of the ride and i was happy to see... that i could see. i was in pain for the entire ride, although i was still able to enjoy it.

                    after we got off the ride i tried to play it off as if nothing happened, but my entire party looked at me and all said my right eye was red and swollen. they all wanted to ride Haunted Mansion Holiday next, so we make our way through New Orleans and i spot a frozen lemonade stand (the slush kind, not the ones in the pre-packaged cups). i buy one for the sole purpose of putting on my eye to keep the swelling down.

                    by the end of the night, my eye was finally starting to discolor/darken and it reached its peak blackness after 2 days (which wasn't even THAT dark, but dark enough to know i had been hit).

                    i wish i had a more exciting story of how i got my first black eye -- like in a fight, defending someone from a robber... rather than "i got my first black eye on space mountain at disneyland..."
                    Last edited by plagued; 12-08-2009, 01:02 AM.
                    -plagued

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Disneyland ride stories!

                      Originally posted by plagued View Post
                      haha. this is the most random turn of events.

                      -------------------------------------------------------------

                      my story (i've posted this somewhere on here before, but i forget where..): i received my first black eye at disneyland. on Space Mountain to be exact. it was the day Ghost Galaxy premiered. we boarded the coaster, and i sat to the left of my friend, who is known for going a bit crazy-hyper on rides. at the beginning where they changed it to be almost pitch black to go with the ghostly theme, my friends starts flailing his arms and screaming. and i guess his elbow was just destined for a path to my right eye. i get elbowed HARD. so hard that i thought i went blind. i couldn't tell until we got through the pitch black part of the ride and i was happy to see... that i could see. i was in pain for the entire ride, although i was still able to enjoy it.

                      after we got off the ride i tried to play it off as if nothing happened, but my entire party looked at me and all said my right eye was red and swollen. they all wanted to ride Haunted Mansion Holiday next, so we make our way through New Orleans and i spot a frozen lemonade stand (the slush kind, not the ones in the pre-packaged cups). i buy one for the sole purpose of putting on my eye to keep the swelling down.

                      by the end of the night, my eye was finally starting to discolor/darken and it reached its peak blackness after 2 days (which wasn't even THAT dark, but dark enough to know i had been hit).

                      i wish i had a more exciting story of how i got my first black eye -- like in a fight, defending someone from a robber... rather than "i got my first black eye on space mountain at disneyland..."
                      Haunted Mansion Holiday was open then? What day did you go on?
                      STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

                      Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
                      This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
                      I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Disneyland ride stories!

                        I got stuck on IASW for 20 to 30 minutes. I was in front of Ariel when we noticed a backup. They left the music on the whole time too which was annoying. They would cut in every now and then to spiel to us to remain seated. I refused to go on there for the longest time after that.




                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Disneyland ride stories!

                          Originally posted by FantasmicDragon View Post
                          Haunted Mansion Holiday was open then? What day did you go on?
                          it was the first official day of Halloweentime. so the decorations were all full-fledged, ghost galaxy and haunted mansion holiday were open, and the halloween fireworks were on.

                          although, in regards to my story above, we didn't get to ride haunted mansion after all because it had a break down right when i got there with my drink on my eye
                          -plagued

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Disneyland ride stories!

                            Last Friday, my friends and I were seated and ready to ride Space Mountain when the CM told us that there was a problem with the rocket that we were sitting in. I've had to get out before for weight issues, but this was different. They pulled us off to the left, had everyone get out, and then we were escorted through a little path way. What made this really exciting and cool was there were a bunch of computers and I wondered what they were for. Then he boarded another rocket and were on our way.

                            My favorite evac story was when my friend and I were on Alice in Wonderland. We were in the forest, right next to the very last Cheshire Cat right before the March of Cards. Since I've never been evac'd nor have I seen an evacuation being done, I was wondering how they do it (because they can't take you down the hill). Right after the March of Cards mirror effect, one of the panes with the cards on them was a doorway and also a maintenance bay for the Caterpillar cars. The back of one of the cars was off and we were able to see inside of it (it was pretty cool!). And then they had us go down a flight of stairs when we soon ended up next to the bathrooms. Best evac ever.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Disneyland ride stories!

                              In June myself, my wife, and my daughter were riding on King Arthur's Carousel and in the middle of the ride cycle the CM cuts the music and spiels on the loudspeaker "All children need to be secured by the safety strap while the ride is in motion, please secure the safety strap on your child immediately", then after 10 seconds the CM spiels the same thing again, then another 10 seconds later the CM spiels it again in Spanish and shortly after the ride stops more abruptly than usual. After a minute or so I saw the CM escort a family of 3 out the exit. She then restarted the ride and it went another full cycle before the ride was over and we had to leave. So alltogether we got a good 2 cycles on the KAC without having to get back in line again. Awesome!!

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Disneyland ride stories!

                                Last August we went on Roger Rabbit's CTS in Toontown. My brother was with us and hadn't been to DL in about 10 years. We had the front car, he and my sister had the back, he was spinning that think like a stinking tea cup, so fast!! Right at the part where Roger is sideways attached to the wall we stopped. And waited. And waited. 15 minutes. The lights came up, they announced they were cutting animation and sound, and it all stopped. We were escorted out and went to each car ahead of us to get the people out, the CM put a board over the hole in the track to let people walk on so nobody would get stuck in the crack. We "rescued" the remaining 5 cars and walked to the exit. Then the CM turned to us and said we could ride again and go to the front of the line. I said "thanks, but we know how it ends!" She did confirm for us that my brother was spinning it too fast and caused a problem. I now despise that ride after being stuck by a clown swinging back and forth for the entire wait!!

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Disneyland ride stories!

                                  How is it even possible to spin it so fast that the entire ride breaks down? haha

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Disneyland ride stories!

                                    He is in the Air Force. Apparently he had a lot of pent up energy. It was ridiculously fast. I dont know how the scrawny guy pulled it off honestly!

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Disneyland ride stories!

                                      Got stuck on the skyway right before it entered the Matterhorn from the Fantasyland side. I don't like heights and was pretty little then, so I was kinda freaked out. But then the MSEP started passing right underneath us and it was a great viewpoint. I was bummed when the bucket started moving again.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Disneyland ride stories!

                                        My very favorite Disney story EVER:

                                        1957. My dad was seventeen years old. For his first visit to Disneyland, he took a girl on a date. They went on the Teacups. Being seventeen, he put his head down and spun the teacup as fast as he possibly could. He never looked up. At the end of the ride, his date was unconscious! She had passed out, her head had flopped back, and all of the blood vessels in her eyes had burst. First aid, yada, yada. She looked like she'd been in a boxing match. My dad took her home and was so afraid of her dad that he just dumped her out on the porch and left.

                                        Pretty soon there was pounding on the door at my grandparents' home. "WHAT DID YOUR SON DO TO MY DAUGHTER????" Needless to say, that girl is NOT my mother!

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X