Disneyland's 50th Anniversary guided tour, is it still happening?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angelica Gracey
    Wishing I was at the DLR!
    • Apr 2005

Disneyland's 50th Anniversary guided tour, is it still happening?

Is Disneyland's 50th Anniversary guided tour still happening? What's the lowdown on the tour? It's not listed on the Disneyland website. Anyone who's been on it, care to share their experience?

Thanks for any info on this tour you give me!
  • AP2CM
    "Retired" DL Tour Guide
    • Jan 2005

Re: Disneyland's 50th Anniversary guided tour, is it still happening?

yes, it's still being offered up to 4 times a day (though it rarely dispatches that often). It's very popular on fri and sat. nights because that's when they do the "firework" tours that include VIP seating for "Remember..." at the mainstreet train station. You can book the tour in person at the Guided Tour Center on mainstreet, or by calling 714-781-4400.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

• Angelica Gracey
      • Apr 2005

Thank you AP2CM! That was quick and informative, I shall call when I have time. Thanks again!

Comment

• Crazy54
        Photographer/Disney Lover
        • Oct 2005

Awsome. I was also thinking about that for a fun night. Any details on the tour? How does it differ from the other tours?
        "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

• NemoZorro
          'Taint sure it's puddin!
          • Jul 2005

We took it in July and really loved it. It features several attractions - one for each decade, along with some nice history that complements the info you get on the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. It was nostalgic, and I highly recommend it. Like a poster said above, if you can do it when the fireworks are on, you get reserved seating by the railroad station on Main Street.
          "Search the boat...."
          First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you :love: MiceChat?
          There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
          - visit the MiceChat store
          - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
          Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

Comment

• Angelica Gracey
            • Apr 2005

NemoZorro, how was the view of the fireworks from the Railroad Station?

Comment

• rihard2000
              Party Planning King
              • Feb 2005

I remember reading somewhere that the guided tours were experimenting with personal headset audio equipment. Does anybody know if this idea caught on, or if it is currently being used on tours?
              "Who inspects these rides anyway, Dopey and Goofy?"

Comment

• NemoZorro
                'Taint sure it's puddin!
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Angelica Gracey
                NemoZorro, how was the view of the fireworks from the Railroad Station?

Well, actually for our tour, the fireworks were cancelled . But they gave us really nice seats for the late Fantasmic .

We have taken pictures from the train spot though, and I would think it would be a good spot. The projections on the castle might be hard to see, but you should be able to see tink flying around.

We have waited 2+ hours to get good seats near the hub before, and I would have gladly not waited and viewed it from the train station.

If you want to take really good pics of the castle, it is too far away, but I think it would be good to view the show.
                "Search the boat...."
                First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you :love: MiceChat?
                There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
                - visit the MiceChat store
                - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
                Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                  MiceChatter
                  • Feb 2005

How much is the guided tour?

Is it recommended for kids? Should we do the tour on a day we go without them?

Thanks.

Comment

• mike
                    • Mar 2005

I think its 55 dollars. I asked one of the guides and thats what i understood. They were seating people next to the castle restrooms for parade viewing.

Comment

• DisneyParkFan
                      • Jan 2005

I took this tour in July around the 50th celebration weekend, so the park was crowded. We did three of the five attractions (one for each decade): POTC, BTMRR, BLAB, plus a short train ride. We also saw the special 50th exhibit in the Opera House and found the information on the tour did complement the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. Nice goodies with the tour: group photo, light-up pin, E-ticket memory booklet, and a box snack. The view from the train station platform was nice, over-all view of the fireworks. Couldn't see the projections on the castle and Tink is small and green as she flies around. But it is not crowded and we weren't rushed off after the tour/fireworks.
                      Cliff
                      WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

Comment

• Alchimedes
                        MiceChatter
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by rihard2000
                        I remember reading somewhere that the guided tours were experimenting with personal headset audio equipment. Does anybody know if this idea caught on, or if it is currently being used on tours?
                        I believe that is for people with Blind disability at the moment. I was walking through the hub in late September and found a small group with a CM with a headset on, while the other guests had headphones on. I had read about that information on the Disneyland website as well.
                        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

• rihard2000
                          Party Planning King
                          • Feb 2005

After searching through old threads I came across this 50th tour review written by micechatter cstephens.

It gives the details of the tour and also mentions the use of headsets for everyone on the tour.

Comment

• Guy Hutchinson
                            Drunk On Disney
                            • Aug 2005

I took the tour last week. I belive it is officially called "From Imagination to Celebration." We got special seating for the parade and that was really awesome.
                            sigpic
                            Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

• rihard2000
                              Party Planning King
                              • Feb 2005

So, did they use the headsets?

Comment

• Bmxmom
                                • Jan 2005

We took this tour in August and it was awesome!! We saw the fireworks from the train station and it was spectacular. Our entire group had the earpieces, and for the most part it was good, but they do tend to go in and out quite a bit. Our tour guide Nicole was really funny and informative. I would definitely recommend it. Also, I had my daughter with me who is 13, and I doubt it would be fun for anyone much younger than that(she is a major Disney freak, so she had a blast!).

Comment

• Guy Hutchinson
                                  Drunk On Disney
                                  • Aug 2005

When I took the tour last week there were no headsets. However there were only 2 people on this tour.
                                  Just me, my friend and tour guide Erin so I imagine that headsets were not considered.

I took the Discover the Magic tour that weekend and that was a full tour, but no headsets.
                                  Last year at Animal Kingdom in WDW I took the Wild By Design tour and that used the headsets. I thought they were great.
                                  sigpic
                                  Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X