This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Disneyland 2009: The Year of the Dragon

Hello Micechat! Well, it's been a great year and we are just about done with everything new about Disneyland. With Great Moments being last on the list.

I wanted to thank everyone who read my TR's this year and promise that more will be coming in the future!

As thanks, I decided to start something called:

Disneyland's End of the Year Review!

This is were I look back at what happened at Disneyland. From the sucesses to the unsuccesful.

And Micechatters can also share their memories from Disneyland this year! Feel free to share your stories here!

And, I give honorable mentions to Micechatters who made interesting topics and Trip Reports!

So let's first get the honorable mentions over with first. And yes, I have to include myself in this.

Micechatters with the most impressive Trip Reports

Well, it was hard to choose, but I know that my TR's and Capt Hook's TR's were often the most viewed out of all TR's. Whenever me or Capt Hook's post a TR, it always draws a small group of MC'ers viewing it.

1. Capt Hook's
    2. The Forbidden Eye

Micechatter with the most impressive Character Pics

SkeletonStockings

Congrats to her for showing us really great character pics!

MPT (Most Popular Topic)

News on the Fantasmic! Dragon Murphy 1.0,2.0 and 3.0!

Yes, it had been what I think, was the most talked about topic in Micechat's history! From speculation to accusations!

Coming up, More awards and possible nominations
    TrevorD
    6.06%
    TechSkip
    3.03%
    Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo
    12.12%
    Datameister
    33.33%
    Explicit
    3.03%
    Bob Weaver
    3.03%
    BurtGummer
    0.00%
    Darkbeer
    39.39%

The poll is expired.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Re: Disneyland 2009: The Year of the Dragon

great list so far. I agree with them all

Comment

I agree with Murphy being MPT. She was EXTREMELY poplular especially on opening day. I heard those crowds SCREAM on Youtube XD
      STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
      This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
      I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

Comment

Heres some more and the Micechatter of the year will be decided later on.

MiceAge Coloumists of the Year:

Was going to decide on one but the two here have been critical on the major things that happened this year.

1. Andy Castro
        2. Al Lutz

Micechatter with the Best Opnions

Datameister

Micechat's Ghost of the Year

Dan-Tasmic!

Yes Dan, you get this award because we haven't seen a TR from you in a while.

Disneyland's Greatest Moment of the Year Award

Fantasmic!'s Dragon Debut Night

There is nothing more memorable than finally seeing one of Disney's biggest AA's (though outsourced) ever to finally emerge from the bowels of Pirates Lair!

Disneyland's Best Fireworks of the Year

Halloween Screams

This new fireworks show has proven to be one of Disney''s best seasonal fireworks shows ever!

Disneyland's Character Meet and Greet of the Year Award

Tinker Bell at Pixie Hollow

Tinker Bell and Pixie Hollow arrived at Disneyland in 2008 and has quickly proven to be one of the best locations for a meet and greet since Mickey's House in 1993!

Disneyland's Worst Parade

Celebrate! a Street Party

Ok, I don't know what was going through their heads when they made this parade. Feels like a non-pixar version of Block Party Bash.

More to Come!

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

Comment

They all sound good to me.

Comment

yeah so far i'm agreeing with all of these

except i don't think i was around for murphy so i didn't know hahaha
            Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
            You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
            Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Alright i'm almost done with the list:

MiceChat's Dragon Award goes to the people who have been following the story on Murphy's debut the whole summer. Becuase there were so many people following it, heres a small list:

1. The Forbidden Eye
              2. Explicit
              3. Steveo05
              4. CMInsider
              5. Mycroft
              6. Disney Princess
              7. PerformerInWaiting

Micechat's Ultimate Dragon of Honor Award

This Award goes to the people who dedicated their time to watch the dragon debut on September 1st, 2009. Again, this is a small list sine there were so many people.

1. The Forbidden Eye
              2. Dan-Tasmic!
              3. PerformerInWaiting
              4. Fishbulb

And now. For the moment of truth, The Micechatter of the Year Award!

This award goes to the Micechatter who really did a lot this year to entertain us. Either with Trip Reports or Opinions.

But I really need help selecting the Micechatter of the Year so PM me a candidate so I can decide later on today.

Comment

Ok, so far, I only got one nomination. I need more candidates before I can choose the Micechatter of the Year.

But I also decided on the Most Unique Micechatter and that award goes to...........

AliceInWonderland for her DCA Halloween TR!

Micechatter of the Year Candidates:

TrevorD

So PM me your candidates! You can also nominate yourself if your confident!

Comment

I nominate this thread for some sort of award!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...n-webcast.html

Comment

Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
                    Oh my goodness!
                    I almost forgot about that thread.

By far, the highlight of my year on Micechat :thumbup:

Il faut payer de sa vie.

Comment

No offense, but I kinda disagree with the best TR's one because they're mainly all-character based. To me it just get's repetitive over a long period of time. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't mean they're not good, but I disagree personally because that's just not my cup of tea. I love your Indy gear though haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex E View Post
                        No offense, but I kinda disagree with the best TR's one because they're mainly all-character based. To me it just get's repetitive over a long period of time. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't mean they're not good, but I disagree personally because that's just not my cup of tea. I love your Indy gear though haha.
                        None taken. I understand your reasoning, but remember that not all are character based. My early TR's were just area shots and not a lot of people viewed them. So after viewing Capt Hook's TR's I decided to get into the character thing and now more people are viewing them.

Everyone's TR's are unique in their own way.

Oh, and we have another candidate for Micechatter of the Year!

1.) TrevorD
                        2.) Techskip

Keep them coming! I'll accept 8 more nominees before selecting the winner so PM me!

Oh, and as for the HM Webcast Thread, i'll work on an award for it since that was pretty cool!

Comment

I think Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo needs to be nominated because she had some very good TR's as well. They were always fun to read.
                          DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15...

Comment

Originally posted by Explicit View Post
                            I think Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo needs to be nominated because she had some very good TR's as well. They were always fun to read.
                            i think she should get the bavarian churro award

Comment

So we got 3 nominee's for Micechatter of the Year:

1.) TrevorD

2.) TechSkip

3.) Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo

Feel free to PM me 5 more candidates!

Comment

No offense Forbiden eye but your trip report and captain hooks got a lil old after a while. We get it princess and pixie hallow. And not sure who this was but I remember someone was like " well thats my third favorite aurora! And thats my first favorite mulan! Oh and I just love tinkerbell escepially my first favorite one!" That got a little old.

don't no who but my favorite trip reports were first time trip reports or Vacation ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
                                  No offense Forbiden eye but your trip report and captain hooks got a lil old after a while. We get it princess and pixie hallow. And not sure who this was but I remember someone was like " well thats my third favorite aurora! And thats my first favorite mulan! Oh and I just love tinkerbell escepially my first favorite one!" That got a little old.

don't no who but my favorite trip reports were first time trip reports or Vacation ones.
                                  None taken. But remember, everyone has their own style of TR's. You didn't offend anyone saying that. You said your opnion and I respect that.

The reason that why my TR's are similar in context is because I'm a local and it's not a vacation for me when I go to DL. It's like a day off from the real world and people who view TR's like mine want to see what their trips to DL would be like if they were locals too.

And we have another candidate.

Candidate #4: Datameister

and to speed things up, I selected 3 more candidates:

5. Explicit

6. Bob Weaver

7. BurtGummer

So who will the 8th and final candidate be?

Comment

Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
                                    Hehe, I started that thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Theoretical View Post
                                      Hehe, I started that thread.
                                      i bet you feel pretty awesome starting that thread

Comment

Alright all are in!

1. TrevorD

2. TechSkip

3. Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo

4. Datameister

5. Explicit

6. Bob Weaver

7. BurtGummer

8. Darkbeer

So tomorrow, I'll be announcing the Micechatter of the Year!

So now, I'll be posting some last minute awards that I just thought up of now.

Miceage Reporter of the Year

Well, I noticed we don't have this award yet so this award goes to..............

AL LUTZ! Congrats and thank you for keeping us infored year-round

Best First Trip Report

Well, there were some good TR's from our new members here on Micechat but the ones that really stands out are the ones that cover more than on day. And I give this honor to.....

GummiBears_Rock! Congrats! I really enjoyed your first TR and look foward to more in the future.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X