This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] True or False?

Hello my fellow micechatters...I know that there has been a lot and I mean a LOT of threads regarding the Peoplemover. But I went to the parks a couple of weeks ago, and as I was passing by Innovantions, I overheard ( I might've misinterpertad) a cast member tell a family that the Peoplemover will indeed come back by 2012. Now I did not get excited, because I have learned from my micechat family that Cast members tend to lie.

So I would like to know, has Disney management made any decison in regards to the Peoplemover coming back in the near future?
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Re: True or False?

Tony Baxter's next project is rumored to be a full Tomorrowland overhaul, but it's not supposed to start until Phase One of the DCA expansion is done in 2012/2013
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

ah..thanks CBF...
      "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

When my hubby had a meeting with the WD Imagineers in Burbank this past January, he was informed of the People mover comeback...just not for a couple years.

Comment

Baxter told me he wants it to come back, but wouldn't be pinned down to a date. When I told him how badly I want to se it return, he replied 'We ALL want it to come back." I think he means it, as do all the other Imagineers I've spoken to about it.
          Don't forget, if you look closely, it's even in the Wall-E movie, complete with its original sign and station intact. I suspect even the Pixar folks are awaiting the right time for its return.
          First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
          First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
          BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Peoplemover has been on CM publications for the last year stating 2012 as a return date. However, no funding has been approved for such a project nor has anyone actually begun working on one

Comment

It is absolutely true...
              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

That is completely false...
                "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Take what that Innovention's CM said with a grain of (HOPEFUL :beg salt.

My biggest worry/concern is OSHA! i think the biggest hurdle to get through is a design that keeps people from sticking their head, hands, arms, legs from sticking outside where they don't belong.

If Mr. Baxter and Crew have come up with a design that complies with OSHA and ADA requirements .. then we have a winner!

I'm really hoping on a new Peoplemover. Something very colorful .. something whimsical in it's design .. to match the theme of the rest of the land.

I don't want to see a 2 minute thrill ride on that track. No Rocket Rods 2.0 .. Not Tron (Light Cycles need 100% darkness to be pulled off correctly) ...... No toon tie-in please! :beg: Give park guests a chance to enjoy something at a leisurely pace that is 15 minutes .. as the previous design was.

Make the trains 4 cars each... as before to be large capacity. As DL desperately needs as many large capacity attractions as it can get!
                  Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 12-08-2009, 02:00 PM.
                  MY SIGNATURE:
                  Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Probably a lie, but you never know

Comment

A CM told me in June it was for sure coming back and they did not have a release date yet. And she was unsure of a theme. She also said they have some of the old trams at various CM locations and they are used as picnic areas. I would love to eat my lunch in an old PM tram!! Also, while in line for SM I noticed people working on the PM track area, replacing some electrical. However some areas of the track look really bad as viewed from the monorail (rear cockpit). In November they were painting inside one of the tunnels beside Astroblasters, but the CMs have stated they were full of items and used for storage before, I saw this from the Astro Orbitor, (things in the tunnel, looked like boxes) but it was empty for the painting day, and empty on sunday. So hopefully it is on its way back and they are just being secretive. I know it is very possible for some CM's to have no idea what is going on around them. And yes, some do lie. It is part of their act.

Comment

I asked a Monorail castmember a while back and he said it was coming back. And, too, gave no date.
                        sigpic
                        Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Originally posted by cositaluvsmickey View Post
                          Hello my fellow micechatters...I know that there has been a lot and I mean a LOT of threads regarding the Peoplemover. But I went to the parks a couple of weeks ago, and as I was passing by Innovantions, I overheard ( I might've misinterpertad) a cast member tell a family that the Peoplemover will indeed come back by 2012. Now I did not get excited, because I have learned from my micechat family that Cast members tend to lie.

So I would like to know, has Disney management made any decison in regards to the Peoplemover coming back in the near future?
                          Keep praying! I think it coming back!
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I sure hope so! And I vote for putting the station indoors! Standing in line for the PM in the hot Anaheim summers would suck.

Comment

Originally posted by MainSreetJake View Post
                              I sure hope so! And I vote for putting the station indoors! Standing in line for the PM in the hot Anaheim summers would suck.

It never bothered me. Honest!

Comment

Originally posted by MainSreetJake View Post
                                Even in Peoplemover's glory years .... the line was never longer than 5 minutes. With it's incredible capacity .. the hourly capacity is something even beyond Pirates of the Caribbean.

Each car (from the '67 version) could hold 4 people. Each train had 4 cars each. So, that's 16 per train. There was never a gap in the boarding station between trains. One reason .. because there were so many. Try 62!

Even the sight of 10 trains in an immediate area seemed like a lot. But with 62 covering 4,000 feet of track ...... you never had to wait long!

Now .. if they go for something like a thrill ride .. that's something like one car ... each spaced out from each other - AKA Rocket Rods .. then "Houston, we have a problem!"

Our hopes are .. that a new incarnation would entail a design that will hold 4 people per car .. with trains of 4 cars each.

And the entrance can go right back to where it was before ... with speed ramps in view of the entrance into the land.

I would love it if the ramps stretched out a little more than they did before. There's something so "space age" about speed ramps!

It's hard to make out the speed ramps here .....

(POST EDIT: Had to remove the link. An alternating image keeps intruding.)

But with a slightly modified queue .. minus a few plants ... the view to those "inviting" looking ramps ... will send chills up many Disneyland fans!
                                Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 12-08-2009, 08:43 PM.
                                MY SIGNATURE:
                                Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Just googling Peoplemover Entrance .. I came up with so many views of this missed ride. Even artists renderings:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OO7WbmARD0...le%2Bmover.jpg

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/TTA%2001.jpg

:crybye:
                                  Last edited by NeverNeverland; 12-31-2009, 08:11 PM. Reason: hotlinked photos removed
                                  MY SIGNATURE:

Comment

Originally posted by cositaluvsmickey View Post

Ok, I haven't read any other post
                                    but I think the word lie should be changed to mis informed, giving wrong information or a wish
                                    I don't think most lie about a topic.
                                    (I realize the poster didn't mean any bad feelings towards any CM)
                                    Quote by Al:
                                    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                                    -Al Lutz

Comment

Slightly off topic ...
                                      but has it's roots in Disneyland's 1967 Peoplemover:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OO7WbmARD0...s1600/ffrd.jpg

This attraction from the New York Worlds Fair in 1964 featured a drive system ... which was used for the DL Peoplemover. By placing tires spaced out .. on the track .. and a plate underneath each Brand New 1964 Ford model car .. was used to propel it forward.

So cool!
                                      Last edited by NeverNeverland; 12-31-2009, 08:11 PM. Reason: hotlinked photo removed
                                      MY SIGNATURE:

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                                        Slightly off topic ...
                                        but has it's roots in Disneyland's 1967 Peoplemover:
                                        This attraction from the New York Worlds Fair in 1964!

Not at all off topic, and that was where I first rode the system. The system was quiet, smooth and pollution free. If only our world of tommorow could be so nice.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X