X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: True or False?

Originally posted by MainSreetJake View Post
    bahahahahahahahahahaha ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) )
    Wow! Such memories. When I hired into Tomorrowland Attractions back in the early 80s I only had to contend with a fairly comfortable Autopia costume and then the patriotic-colored vests at America Sings and orange vests on Magic Journeys and Space Mountain.
    Never worked the attractions with those body suits.
    Those guys actually don't look so bad in them though.
    I was a skinny 18 year old though so those would not have done much for me. The vest added bulk to a somewhat bulk"less" body. They assigned me to the right Attractions I guess.
    The polyester did kind of suck though, in whatever form.
    My Fantasyland Attractions costumes worked much better comfort-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
      my thought exactly!

well i'm slightly on the hoping side because everyone says it's great but i was too young to enjoy it, so i really want to see how great it really is.

but i'll let my expectations run low in case they ruin it in some way
      or my enjoyment will be even greater!
      I don't know... there was something very cool about leisurely moving through Tomorrowland at a snail's pace, in and out of various rides and attractions. Kinda like the train going through Splash Mountain. It was cool. Yeah, as a kid, it wasn't the most thrilling ride, but I loved moving through other rides for some reason.

If it's true, I can't wait for them to reopen. I hope they just update the trains, but keep it the same.

Comment

The PeopleMover wasn't a thrilling ride, but I remember it still being enjoyable much in the way that the DLRR is. It gave you a unique view of the park w/ some interesting but brief peeks into other attractions. Some of the special effects added a bit of excitement, but I think the loading/unloading station was actually one of my favorite parts of the PM. I think an updated version would draw plenty of riders for a long time.

Now if they would just put the Astro Orbitor back on the Rocket Jets platform, I would be a happy girl. It's amazing how the additional height made the ride so much better...My palms sweat just thinking about that ride . I could totally wait another 4 years or so as long as the changes are done right!

Comment

Yes!!!! I love Peoplemover rumor threads!

Originally posted by D Duck View Post
          Do the WDW people movers still get lots of riders?
          Yes, the TTA does very well. Occasionally you can even see little switchbacks for it.

Now, to get the Peoplemover up to code, what would they need to do? The only thing I can think of is reworking all the clearances, but I'm sure there are much more issues. If I had my way, I'd demolish the entire Peoplemover/Rocket Jets platform and rebuild it from scratch, and simply move Astro Orbitor up there and maybe chop a few feet off the top so it isn't overbearingly tall. Though the good thing is since it would be farther into Tomorrowland, it would be more hidden by distance and other buildings. It's a beautiful structure, but it's in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by CASurfer65 View Post
            Wow! Such memories. When I hired into Tomorrowland Attractions back in the early 80s I only had to contend with a fairly comfortable Autopia costume and then the patriotic-colored vests at America Sings and orange vests on Magic Journeys and Space Mountain.
            Never worked the attractions with those body suits.
            Those guys actually don't look so bad in them though.
            I was a skinny 18 year old though so those would not have done much for me. The vest added bulk to a somewhat bulk"less" body. They assigned me to the right Attractions I guess.
            The polyester did kind of suck though, in whatever form.
            My Fantasyland Attractions costumes worked much better comfort-wise.
            Oh I never thought those yellow and blue autopia costumes were comfy at all. Too much polyester.

The area costume was the comfy one. That was the one they used on PM, Rocket Jets and Mars.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
              Okay one more!

Makes you wonder what kind of costumes the CMs would wear for a brand new Peoplemover 2.0 experience for the 21st Century.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__1HAWpldDa...+87+-final.jpg
              those costumes make the ones the poor people working at Hot DOG ON A STICK .look better..
              Last edited by NeverNeverland; 12-31-2009, 09:09 PM. Reason: hotlinked photo removed
              "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X