This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] WOC Preferred Seating?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but will their be a preferred seating section for WOC similar to Fantasmic? I believe (Correct me if I'm wrong) they do this for Fantasmic to help offset the cost of running the show, so would they consider having a seating section for WOC like they do for Fantasmic? Thanks very much!

Re: WOC Preferred Seating?

Im sure they WILL have VIP seating, Guest Recovery seating, etc. But its not done to offset the cost of the show. Fantasmic costs a LOT more money than the VIP seating brings in. Its just another way for Disney to make some money.
    -boy33

Twitter: @boy33

Comment

i would guess that world of color would be cheaper to run, because there are no human performers, its all water, light, and fire effects, all of which are in fantasmic as well, but im guessing that paying all performers, benefits for them, extra insurance for all the stunts, etc. would drive up the price.

im guessing world of color will bring in a high utility bill, but fantasmic is probably the same way, and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by gumpyyy View Post
        i would guess that world of color would be cheaper to run, because there are no human performers, its all water, light, and fire effects, all of which are in fantasmic as well, but im guessing that paying all performers, benefits for them, extra insurance for all the stunts, etc. would drive up the price.

im guessing world of color will bring in a high utility bill, but fantasmic is probably the same way, and then some.
        The latest rumor is that WofC will take 200 employees to run the show including crowd control. Not sure if that makes it more expensive or cheaper.

Comment

Why yes, it is called Mickey's Fun Wheel.

But seriously.. I hope that they keep the fun wheel open during WoC.

Comment

Slightly off topic ... I'm wondering if the title may change to: Wonderful World of Color ........ as a homage to the tv show of the 60s and 70s?

If not ... do you all think the opening of the show will have the "Wonderful World of Color" theme song?
            MY SIGNATURE:
            Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

I remember hearing that they were thinking about using up about half of the Cove Bar for preferred seating. They would probably do something with Ariel's Grotto too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                Slightly off topic ... I'm wondering if the title may change to: Wonderful World of Color ........ as a homage to the tv show of the 60s and 70s?

If not ... do you all think the opening of the show will have the "Wonderful World of Color" theme song?
                The song is supposedly going to start off the show.

And will Mickey's Fun Wheel be open during WOC? That would be sa-weet!

Comment

all i know about the preferred seating is me and about 7 other family members have sits for when the show starts YAY for have 5 CMs in my Family
                  This is my Leko their are many like it but this one is mine. With out my Leko i am job less, with out me my Leko is not working

Comment

Originally posted by dmtnt55 View Post
                    The song is supposedly going to start off the show.
                    It just seemed appropriate to start it off with the Wonderful World of Color theme song. Like the original .. it's sung by a chorus of men and women. I'm hoping they do the same thing for a new recording. To start off this large scale show .... I don't think they should go for just one singer (It's not an intimate show, by any stretch) ... it needs to start off HUGE with a large chorus of singers to really take guests breath away!

I'm assuming they won't use the original 1961 recording .. though that would be just so sweet!
                    MY SIGNATURE:
                    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by AtomicBear View Post
                      The latest rumor is that WofC will take 200 employees to run the show including crowd control. Not sure if that makes it more expensive or cheaper.

Fantasmic has to have at least double that, crowd control alone is insane, theres tons of the people with the glowing flashlights. and then theres the actual performers, im sure its gotta be more.

anyone actually know how many crew members for fantasmic there are?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                        It just seemed appropriate to start it off with the Wonderful World of Color theme song. Like the original .. it's sung by a chorus of men and women. I'm hoping they do the same thing for a new recording. To start off this large scale show .... I don't think they should go for just one singer (It's not an intimate show, by any stretch) ... it needs to start off HUGE with a large chorus of singers to really take guests breath away!

I'm assuming they won't use the original 1961 recording .. though that would be just so sweet!
                        [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjGDqRRv3PU]YouTube - Disney's World of Color Theme Song[/ame]

That is the song they're planning on using. It's supposedly getting a full orchestra later on and this is a demo. I still absolutely despise it. It just screams Pop.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
                          YouTube - Disney's World of Color Theme Song

That is the song they're planning on using. It's supposedly getting a full orchestra later on and this is a demo. I still absolutely despise it. It just screams Pop.

auto-tune is the way of the future! a future full of talentless "musicians"

Comment

According to the Blue Sky Cellar, Disney at this time is not planning on doing a VIP Seating area for WOC, as there is "no good place to put it." They're hoping to fit as many people into these performances anyhow, and VIP Seating will take up too much room. Though, things change, and we will very likely see one appear somewhere. I like that Ariel's Grotto/Cove Bar idea. Cocktails and a show! Fabulous!
                            sigpic

Comment

YouTube - Disney's World of Color Theme Song

That piece is definitely not good. The vocals suck outright, and the instrumental arrangement is lackluster. It should be using a big orchestra along with rich, multitimbral synthesizer leads and pads, like the fireworks shows do. It'd be OK as a postlude but no more. (As for pop arrangements in shows, Fantasmic's are just about the best.)

As for preferred seating, Cove Bar seems too far off to the side, but sounds good otherwise. I guess we'd have to wait and see the show to know if it'd still look and sound good from there.

Comment

They'll NOT use that version of the World of Color song, in the D23 "Making of World of Color" He (I forgot his name) clearly said this is NOT the final version of the song they'll use and that the song they'll use will be very close to the original song.
                                (You can look the 'Making of World of Color' thing up on youtube)

~Dex
                                "Fish are friends! NOT food!"
                                ~Finding Nemo

Comment

Originally posted by HighLeveller View Post
                                  That piece is definitely not good. The vocals suck outright, and the instrumental arrangement is lackluster. It should be using a big orchestra along with rich, multitimbral synthesizer leads and pads, like the fireworks shows do. It'd be OK as a postlude but no more. (As for pop arrangements in shows, Fantasmic's are just about the best.)

As for preferred seating, Cove Bar seems too far off to the side, but sounds good otherwise. I guess we'd have to wait and see the show to know if it'd still look and sound good from there.

I agree, Cove Bar is off to the side. But look at preferred seating for Fantasmic! now that they ruined the Gallery. It's WAY off to the side and they still get something like 50 bucks a seat.

I would love to have a little cocktail table, some yummy snacks, and a beverage while watching the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Xedex View Post
                                    They'll NOT use that version of the World of Color song, in the D23 "Making of World of Color" He (I forgot his name) clearly said this is NOT the final version of the song they'll use and that the song they'll use will be very close to the original song.
                                    (You can look the 'Making of World of Color' thing up on youtube)

~Dex
                                    He actually just said they were adding a full orchestra, and this was a demo only. I don't recall anything about using the original song though. Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong but they are using something very similar to this in the show at the beginning.

Comment

He actually just said they were adding a full orchestra, and this was a demo only. I don't recall anything about using the original song though. Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong but they are using something very similar to this in the show at the beginning.
                                      dang, i was about ready to say this exact thing, but you beat me to it )
                                      Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                                      You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                                      Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Originally posted by gumpyyy View Post
                                        Fantasmic has to have at least double that, crowd control alone is insane, theres tons of the people with the glowing flashlights. and then theres the actual performers, im sure its gotta be more.

anyone actually know how many crew members for fantasmic there are?
                                        As for the numbers, 50 performers and 50 staff for Fantasmic. I'm not sure if staff includes crowd control though.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X