Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Whats the status on keeping DEP in DCA?

It needs to stay!!! If they think it will take away WOC's thunder I don't think so. If anything it will contribute to making DCA an all day park. Having High School Musical, Pixar Play Parade, Electrical Parade and World of Color would be awesome for DCA. I just see another traffic mess if they put it back in Disneyland.

Re: Whats the status on keeping DEP in DCA?

No Clue on the status yet...

But your suggestion is a good one.

Timekeeper
    sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Well, the first few months of WoC will be hell alone with no normal entrance (or will it be delayed again?)!

one hundred and one

Comment

Im sorry but DEP stands for?

Comment

Originally posted by Weekly-Visitor View Post
          Im sorry but DEP stands for?
          I'm guessing Disney's Electrical Parade, but I could be wrong.
          Partner in Crime: Smaps.

Go Huskies!!!

Disneyland: September 12th to 19th

sigpic

:thumbup:

Comment

as long as HSM doesnt stay i am fine with any parade in DCA

Comment

From what I've heard, it's staying in DCA next year and most likely for now on. With the amount of APs now a days and the obvious increase of people from 1995/1996 they can't really put it back at Disneyland, especially with all the night time entertainment that goes on already. It would be a GC/crowd nightmare.

IF they do two shows of WOC, they're going to perform DEP in between the shows (kinda like how they do the fireworks in between Fantasmics!).

Comment

I think they should do WoC at 9, then 10 do DEP, then at 11 do another WoC! With an hour between performances, GC can do their job and not have the same issue they have with Fantasmic! and fireworks. GC is lucky to have the wider walkways of DCA to help with the guest flow.
                Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
                - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
                - me too!

Comment

There was something very magical to having The Main Street Electrical Parade IN Disneyland.

But since the parade left DL in 1996 .. and more AP holders crowd the park then before ..... I do wonder if nighttime parades in DL is a thing of the past.

The parade really belongs in DL. But if today's crowds prevent it, I'll understand.
                  MY SIGNATURE:
                  Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Yeah a rumor was of bringing the parade back into DL for the 55th anniversary. Only a rumor, though.

Comment

I know a lot of people on here (not me) complain about what a big mess Fantasmic is with crowd controll but a lot of the same people want MSEP to come back to add to the chaos?!? I think its great DCA has DEP. Keeping it there would make Fantasmic and fireworks equal to World of Color and Disney's eletrical parade for nightime entertainment. The whole Summer Nightastic would of worked better with the addition of world of color.

Comment

Originally posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
                        I know a lot of people on here (not me) complain about what a big mess Fantasmic is with crowd controll but a lot of the same people want MSEP to come back to add to the chaos?!? I think its great DCA has DEP. Keeping it there would make Fantasmic and fireworks equal to World of Color and Disney's eletrical parade for nightime entertainment. The whole Summer Nightastic would of worked better with the addition of world of color.
                        I agree. I think keeping the electrical parade in DCA balances the entertainment out in both parks. It gives the guests one more thing to anticipate at night, which is walk that park needs.

Plus with all the Pixar stuff coming to DCA itd be nice to still have some entertainment that is completely Disney on that side.

Comment

as someone who does multiday tickets for the resort every other year I'd perfer to have the ability to watch two nightime shows each night of my visit . I like that the parks get equal portions.

My only concern would be DCA's hours which are presently too short for multiple shows.

Hopefully the numbers get a boost and everything works well for the park.
                          "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X