X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sediment
    replied
    Re: Where is(was) this?

I can't see the photo, but I assume there is one.

Yesterland has a nice page about the pirate ship in Fantasyland.
    For starters, it wasn't a ride.

And about its demise:
    Originally posted by yesterland
    By summer 1982, the ship was sitting in a dry construction site, but the ship could not be moved. Bulldozers unceremoniously demolished the longtime landmark. Trucks hauled away the mangled timbers and chunks of concrete.

Leave a comment:

• Datameister
    replied

But that's the Disneyland version that was partially recycled. The DLP version pictured is still there - you can even replicate that camera angle with the 3D version in Google Earth!

Leave a comment:

• ttrocc7007
    replied

Acccording to Tony Baxter, a few pieces were recycled and are still in use in today's 'Peter Pans Flight.'
    Last edited by ttrocc7007; 12-08-2009, 01:44 PM. Reason: Spelling (sew, what else is gnu?)

Leave a comment:

• Datameister
    replied

Haha, yeah, the caption got it pretty much all wrong. Wrong attraction, wrong land, wrong park, wrong country.

Leave a comment:

• Pirate Lover 68
    replied

I had suspected it was Disneyland Paris after seeing one of the other threads. It looks really well done.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Weaver
    replied

Your picture shows the Captain Hook's Pirate Ship and Skull Rock in Adventureland at Disneyland Paris. Disneyland in Anaheim also had a Captain Hook's Pirate Ship (with a Chicken of the Sea restaurant in it) which opened on August 29, 1955, and a Skull Rock next to it, which opened in 1961, but those were in Fantasyland. They were both closed in 1982 and in the 1982-1983 remodel of Fantasyland they were both eliminated.

Leave a comment:

• Yendorb
    replied

why that is in Paris.

The original Pirate Ship at DL was located where Dumbo is currently.

Leave a comment:

• dmtnt55
    replied

...edit: nevermind.

Leave a comment:

• Pirate Lover 68
    started a topic [Question] Where is(was) this?

Where is(was) this?

A book I have about pirates identifies this as "The Original Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland, California which opened in 1967."

I know that's incorrect, but where is it?

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X