Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Most Terrifying Moment at Disneyland

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Other] My Most Terrifying Moment at Disneyland

    I don't recall the exact day, but what happened is that I was riding the Skyway from Tomorrowland and in front of me were two young boys. Halfway to the Matterhorn, they started to swing their "bucket" from side to side. I was terrified. I had visions of their "bucket" (or mine) coming off the cable and plunging to the ground. Then I had the terrifying thought that their "bucket" would crash into the Matterhorn and then they would fall down. Then I thought of the cable coming off the wheels and the whole ride coming down. I screamed at them to stop, but they ignored me.

    Fortunately, none of that happened. We passed through the Matterhorn with no incident and the kids didn't swing their "bucket" any more, but they were taken off the ride at Fantasyland and, I supposed, thrown out of the park and, I hope, banned from the park for life. Maybe it was incidents like this that led to the ride being taken down here and at WDW and why no other Disney park has ever had one.

    Anything like this happen to you?
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

    I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

    Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

    There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

  • #2
    Re: My Most Terrifying Moment at Disneyland

    No.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: My Most Terrifying Moment at Disneyland

      Nope, never had anything similar happen.
      "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: My Most Terrifying Moment at Disneyland

        OHMYGAWD!!!
        this onetime, I was riding the haunted mansion, and my doom buggy totally looked like it was going to crash into the one in front of us. it was like a foot in front of us. crazy. I thought we could crash.


        XD

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: My Most Terrifying Moment at Disneyland

          I should have been more clear. What I'd like to know is what was your most terrifying moment at Disneyland.
          Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
          Harlan Ellison

          I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

          Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

          There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: My Most Terrifying Moment at Disneyland

            Originally posted by Not My Real Name View Post
            I should have been more clear. What I'd like to know is what was your most terrifying moment at Disneyland.
            Not being able to find an exit at innoventions

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: My Most Terrifying Moment at Disneyland

              Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
              Not being able to find an exit at innoventions
              :lmao: :bow:

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: My Most Terrifying Moment at Disneyland

                we went through the castle walkthrough for the first time in a long time. we got to the part where you have to look in a really small window into what looks like a hallway of some sort.

                we were looking in, and since it's so small, we had to get really close. our faces were crowding the little window. then the little monster/goblin pops up and all of us jump back and scream, falling and tripping all over each other. it was terrifying. but then we laughed at each other at our embarrassing fiasco.
                -plagued

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: My Most Terrifying Moment at Disneyland

                  Originally posted by ScottG View Post
                  :lmao: :bow:
                  We actually never found one, so my brother pushed some random door open. It made some really loud noise. I think we broke it because it never closed and was stuck so we had to run away. We never went back there again. (Not like I was planning on it anyways)

                  They really need to make the exits more clear.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: My Most Terrifying Moment at Disneyland

                    The most terrifying thing that ever happened to me at Disneyland is I rode IASW 16 times, in a row, I've never recovered, sometimes late at night I have flashbacks and can hear the faint sounds of ......
                    Yaye!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: My Most Terrifying Moment at Disneyland

                      Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
                      We actually never found one, so my brother pushed some random door open. It made some really loud noise. I think we broke it because it never closed and was stuck so we had to run away. We never went back there again. (Not like I was planning on it anyways)

                      They really need to make the exits more clear.
                      Did you go upstairs first?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: My Most Terrifying Moment at Disneyland

                        there's an upstairs?



                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: My Most Terrifying Moment at Disneyland

                          Originally posted by Alex E View Post
                          Did you go upstairs first?
                          No.... well I guess that explains it. Still, how was I supposed to know that? They have no signs! I'm sure they could afford to put up a couple signs.....

                          And since when do you exit a building by going upstairs?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: My Most Terrifying Moment at Disneyland

                            Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
                            And since when do you exit a building by going upstairs?

                            Ya kinda sorta do the same thing on Pirates.


                            Not that that answer has anything to do with anything, really.


                            Okay...I'm done now.
                            "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

                            AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: My Most Terrifying Moment at Disneyland

                              Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
                              And since when do you exit a building by going upstairs?
                              duh. that's how everyone does it.. in the FUTURE... :blink: ?
                              -plagued

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: My Most Terrifying Moment at Disneyland

                                my most terrifying moment happened on maliboomer and i will not get on this ride again because of it. I was on the ride and it started like every other time. Except this time when the ride shot us up in the air it felt to me that my shoulder harness came unlatched. I heard the click and the harness lifted up. Because of the seat belt attached at the bottom the harness did not fly completely up. I pulled the harness back down as soon as we reached the top of the ride and it clicked in again. and didn't happen the rest of the ride. As the ride ended i informed the cast member what i felt had happened and she took my account very seriously and shut down that tower to have it looked at. When i think back on it now i tell my self there was no way i was in danger. I know that the harness did move and i had to pull it back down. Did it move all the way up or was i just freaking out when it only moved to the next click up? I'm not sure, but i could swear that the only thing that kept the harness from flying all the way up was the seat belt at the bottom.
                                "Buy the ticket, Take the ride."




                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: My Most Terrifying Moment at Disneyland

                                  Originally posted by Gonzotigger View Post
                                  my most terrifying moment happened on maliboomer and i will not get on this ride again because of it. I was on the ride and it started like every other time. Except this time when the ride shot us up in the air it felt to me that my shoulder harness came unlatched. I heard the click and the harness lifted up. Because of the seat belt attached at the bottom the harness did not fly completely up. I pulled the harness back down as soon as we reached the top of the ride and it clicked in again. and didn't happen the rest of the ride. As the ride ended i informed the cast member what i felt had happened and she took my account very seriously and shut down that tower to have it looked at. When i think back on it now i tell my self there was no way i was in danger. I know that the harness did move and i had to pull it back down. Did it move all the way up or was i just freaking out when it only moved to the next click up? I'm not sure, but i could swear that the only thing that kept the harness from flying all the way up was the seat belt at the bottom.
                                  I'm glad the CM took it seriously. This reminds of a fatality that happen in Great America (Northern CA) back in the 90's. Some young boy wiggled out of the harness on "Drop Zone" and fell to his death. It was a very eerie experience being there that day.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: My Most Terrifying Moment at Disneyland

                                    I came within half a second of being run over by a Snow White ride vehicle.

                                    Or at least, that's what it seemed like to me.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: My Most Terrifying Moment at Disneyland

                                      Originally posted by Not My Real Name View Post
                                      Fortunately, none of that happened. We passed through the Matterhorn with no incident and the kids didn't swing their "bucket" any more, but they were taken off the ride at Fantasyland and, I supposed, thrown out of the park and, I hope, banned from the park for life. Maybe it was incidents like this that led to the ride being taken down here and at WDW and why no other Disney park has ever had one.

                                      Anything like this happen to you?
                                      Ban for life? For the day yes, but I wouldnt say for life dude. They are just kids.
                                      Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
                                      http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: My Most Terrifying Moment at Disneyland

                                        Originally posted by Gino USMC View Post
                                        Ban for life? For the day yes, but I wouldnt say for life dude. They are just kids.
                                        You're right that's pretty harsh........

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X