X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] 10:30 Fantasmic 12/09/09

hi peeps!

Was suprised that no one has asked or posted about this, unless i missed it.
    Quick question for those of you who were at DL for the 10:30 Fantasmic last night, what went wrong and they had to keep the "sprinklers" (sorry lack of a better term) on?

was murphy on fire? was the the stage on fire? was mickey on fire?

thanks!

PS: Sorry guys got the wrong date should be 12/09/09 (this is what i get for sneeking at work lol)
    Last edited by kaykay07; 12-11-2009, 07:28 AM. Reason: CORRECT DATE IS 12/09/2009
    There are tons of fish in the sea... you just gotta find your NEMO!
    :thumbup:

Re: 10:30 Fantasmic 09/09/09

Murphy could have gotten stuck. They did that one time where it would not go back in, so they had the mist screens up while they should twinkling things on them.

Comment

I noticed that too!! It was running for quite a while. Also, I noticed that Sorceror Mickey was kept up until the end of the show. I haven't seen that before. And when did they have the water screens with projections during the Mark Twain Finale?? That was kind of cool.

P.S "09/ 09/ 09?" Typo?? You meant, "12/ 09/ 09?"

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwnGH9Jn2HE]YouTube - Murphy - Stuck On Stage During Fantasmic Finale[/ame]

They used projections to hide Murphy. Sorcerer mickey did the ending line too.

Comment

well at least they have a plan B

and everything turned out fine right?
          Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
          You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
          Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

this happend once when i was watching in sept. i noticed that murphy was goin down reallllll slow. so slow that it was in fact not moving lol. so they had the mist screens/ fog going through the mark twain part to cover her up. they kept it running thru the finally and sorcery mickey stayed on top of the house the whole time up thru the "some imagination huh? huh huh!" part. pretty quick thinking on the part of the show operators.

EDIT: actually ya pretty much the same thing as the video above lol

Comment

With the RoA draining comping up even closer now, I'm sure they will have a few months to work out all these kinks in the show that need to be fixed, as well as possibly adding some new effects to the show because of all the time they have. Plus, Murphy will have lots of testing time, assuming they work on him, to find out why it gets stuck every now and then.

Comment

I think this has to be Plan C. Plan B is when the Mark Twain won't work, or is down for rehab and they do the ship part on the Island. That is pretty clever thinking though.
                Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Did Murphy breathe fire? He did not breathe fire last Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasmanatic View Post
                    Did Murphy breathe fire? He did not breathe fire last Saturday night.
                    Have only seen him breathe fire once, last two or three times no go's, but seems like everything else is running ok with Murphy.. They need to get a better projection for the screens when they do have to cover up Murphy cause you can hardly notice the gold glitter sparkling around. Also poor people on the Twain getting owned with the water especially when it's windy.

Comment

he breathed fire when i saw him 10:30 11-26, it was really really AWESOME.
                      Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                      You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                      Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                        I noticed that too!! It was running for quite a while. Also, I noticed that Sorceror Mickey was kept up until the end of the show. I haven't seen that before. And when did they have the water screens with projections during the Mark Twain Finale?? That was kind of cool.

P.S "09/ 09/ 09?" Typo?? You meant, "12/ 09/ 09?"
                        yeah it was 12/9/9 my bad hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Boy View Post
                          I think this has to be Plan C. Plan B is when the Mark Twain won't work, or is down for rehab and they do the ship part on the Island. That is pretty clever thinking though.
                          I wonder what they have for a "Plan D" when the Mark Twain is down, and the dragon won't GO down!
                          sigpic

Comment

I watched the 10:30 show on 12/9/2009. We were right by the River Belle Terrace so I could see the side and the regular Mickey popped out at the end but the water screen was still up and the Scorer Mickey stayed out at the top so yes I saw 2 Mickeys. Luckily my daughter didn't catch it because that part of the show is so MAGICAL to her. She is 7 and still hasn't figured it out. I wonder if the screens just got stuck in the on position?

Oh yeah and the firework spin wheels on that side weren't working correctly one was spinning really slow and the other one wasn't spinning at all.
                            --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

Comment

Lets just say the 12-09-09 fantasmic at 10:30 goes into the books as a BLUNDER lol. Captain Hook also got stuck and could not swing out during crocodile part to add to the malfunctions haha

Comment

I'm still waiting for that nightvision video...

Comment

Re: 10:30 Fantasmic 12/09/09

Is there a plan to update the mist screens during the ROA refurb?

Comment

Originally posted by bstone76 View Post
                                    Is there a plan to update the mist screens during the ROA refurb?
                                    I would think that will all the time they're going to have to work on the Rivers that they will update some of the fountains and other equipment for the show. I'm crossing my fingers that they'll get Murphy up into A-mode during this time also.

Comment

Originally posted by xxmat2 View Post
                                      Lets just say the 12-09-09 fantasmic at 10:30 goes into the books as a BLUNDER lol. Captain Hook also got stuck and could not swing out during crocodile part to add to the malfunctions haha
                                      OOOOh yeah i forgot that part 2 haha

Comment

Is it just me, or does the ending look better with the mist screens?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X