Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] A rather off the wall query....

Since we, the dedicated Disneyland enthusiasts of this board, have discussed everything from favorite foods, secret bathrooms (Shhhh!), merits of various attractions, and even themed silverware, I have a single, on the surface, slightly loopy question.

What is your favorite light fixture in Disneyland?

If you don't look at the various lamps, you are missing out, actually...in all seriousness. To my way of thinking at least.

My favorite vote would have to go for the Rolly Crump designed arm torch holders at the exit of Haunted Mansion, complete with "flame" effect. Charming, quirky little detail they are. A close second would be the mason-jar type lamp-post tops in Critter Country, surrounded by little branches.

Have any in particular you all out there have noticed and appreciate?
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Re: A rather off the wall query....

The mirrored copper light fixtures in Space Mountain's outside queue.

Comment

Funny you should mention it, but I spent 6 months photographing the lighting fixtures throughout the park. I have a ton of photographs that capture just about every fixture the resort has to offer, and I can say with confidence that my favorite fixture is the lamp outside of Goofy's house in Toon Town. If I remember correctly, it's an upside down grape jelly jar with a bulb inside... makes me smile every time!

Comment

They're not very whimsical lamps, but I like the gas lamps on Main Street. It's the only time I ever see a gas lamp with an actual gas flame inside instead of a flickering light bulb trying to simulate a flame.
        "Anything's possible at Disneyland." - Walt Disney, 1965

Comment

Also not too 'whimsical' but I love all the many and varied lamps at Rancho del Zocalo. each one unique to the restaurant, and each a work of art unto itself.
          First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
          First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
          BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

I'm doubt that Disneyland's Emporium has them but The one at the Magic Kingdom has really wacky fixtures but fits in. I happen to be a Disneyland/Disney World light fixture nut as well.
            DisneyTwins
            Since May 2003

Comment

wait where's this secret bathroom?
              Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
              You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
              Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Well, I say that I like the lights used in IJA. The way they can make them flicker makes you feel like you really back in the 30's!

And you can also use the lights in Indiana Jones to know when the ride is down!

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                Indy Ride Count: 2211
                World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Originally posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
                  wait where's this secret bathroom?
                  The secret bathroom is like fight club...we don't talk about it :lol:

Comment

hands down, my favorite light fixture is the one at the exit queue of Peter Pans Flight. Its the lantern being held up by Capt. Hook's hook!

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
                    For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

Only light fixtures I've ever made note of were the one's at the Disneyland Hotel in the bathrooms, where Mickey's hand is holding the lamp.
                      They amused me a lot and I have a number of photos of them!! Haha
                      But I also really like the lighting effects used in IJA, despite the fact I didn't pay much attention to the actual fixtures!
                      "...Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."

Comment

My favorite light fixture, shockingly, is the ones above the Madhatter Tea Cups, if you call those light fixtures.

They just look so cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Theoretical View Post
                          My favorite light fixture, shockingly, is the ones above the Madhatter Tea Cups, if you call those light fixtures.

They just look so cool!
                          I second this, if that counts. I can't remember any other fixtures.

Was "off the wall" supposed to be a pun? Because I just realized it could be interpreted in a such a way...I don't know.
                          blogtwitterdeviantart

psh! hey, you! i make miniature disney hats. wanna see them? click here.

some cool cats:
                          - a113 - animekiti4christ - captianeo,atis - ckelef1 - cocoa - dapperjoshua - disneyizz -
                          disneylove - the disneylander - *disneyprincess* - disneyroyals411 - dmtnt55 - donald_duck -
                          - fangalicious44 - firebolt413 - gummibears_rock - ice101 - incrediboy - itsxxdomoxxkun -
                          - junglecruisefan - kablary - kritter -littleactressann - mainstreetjake - mandypandy - mikeskellington -
                          - padgerfan - performerinwaiting - ss77 - theoretical - thinkingofdisney11 - wendyinwonderland - williamtheking -

Comment

Originally posted by F!an View Post
                            The secret bathroom is like fight club...we don't talk about it :lol:
                            hey F!an, completely off topic but in the pic in your sig, does it snow over by small world too after the fireworks? or did you edit that pic? cuz if i does i think itd be cool to check that out some time...

anyways, back on topic. i really havent paid much attention to the light fixtures before so ima definately have to check that on my next trip. ill get back to you on that one

Comment

Mine would be the rotating red lights in the Soarin' exit. I also like the blue lights in the Star Tours exit. The Pixie Hollow sign looks pretty nice at night.

I'm sure there are some Fantasyland fixtures that I would like but I'll have to do some further research and observation.

This is a great topic by the way!

Comment

I have 2, the purple wall lighting in the space mountain station
                                and all the glass lighting on the ride's gates and the consoles

I wish all disney parks had lighting like that. However, if I go outside Disneyland, my favorite lighting effect ever would be Spaceship Earth's grid lighting at the end of the ride, so cool!

Comment

Originally posted by fantasnick View Post
                                  hey F!an, completely off topic but in the pic in your sig, does it snow over by small world too after the fireworks? or did you edit that pic? cuz if i does i think itd be cool to check that out some time...
                                  The pic in my signature was photoshopped...it does snow in the Small World Mall but only in the areas around the light towers and unfortunately not close enough to the facade to get something similar to what I made.

Comment

I like the light in HM
                                    but I like the lanterns in Thunder
                                    Quote by Al:
                                    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                                    -Al Lutz

Comment

I LOVE the Fantasyland lights that are near Dumbo/Casey Jr. They're my favorite:

I also love the ones inside the Alice in Wonderland bathrooms that are just a simple stained glass heart.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronpaulcustoms View Post
                                        hands down, my favorite light fixture is the one at the exit queue of Peter Pans Flight. Its the lantern being held up by Capt. Hook's hook!
                                        Juni, I always knew you had an eye for detail (even if you never finish anything ) But I didn't know it went this far! LOL
                                        Counting down to Gumball Rally!!
                                        Who doesn't love NAPS?!?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X