Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could they Install a Photo system in Pirates?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Could they Install a Photo system in Pirates?

I know it's technically feasible, but can the Imagineers design a camera that snaps a photo during the first drop?
    Can it be done in a way that is non intrusive?
    I know I know, the flash will blind you just when you are starting to get used to the dark.
    Obviously if a bunch of flashes went off like on Sreamin', that would be no good.

The cameras in BLAB are hidden pretty good. I haven't figured out where they are. Do they even use a flash?

I would be 100% against this idea if it interfered with the show, but if it could be done without intruding, there would be some great photos to be seen.

Re: Could they Install a Photo system in Pirates?

Unfortunately, a flash or some other form of illumination would definitely be required. BLAB does light you up, too. And I would not want to see a flash go off during that drop, personally. Especially because the drop is actually not themed at all...just a plain sloped ceiling and walls.

But I agree that it'd be cool if there were some way to do it without interfering with the show. I love ride photos, personally.

Comment

It's just another cheap way of earning a buck...

Comment

I would love to see a photo on the drop on pirates. Maybe the imagineers can create some kind of camera that takes a night shot photo and adds color but I am no camera expert! But maybe! The imagineers have done the impossible before!
        "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
        YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
        Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
        (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
          Unfortunately, a flash or some other form of illumination would definitely be required. BLAB does light you up, too. And I would not want to see a flash go off during that drop, personally. Especially because the drop is actually not themed at all...just a plain sloped ceiling and walls.

But I agree that it'd be cool if there were some way to do it without interfering with the show. I love ride photos, personally.
          have to agree w/ Data
          not the best backdrop.
          if it's dark, it's dark for a reason in the ride (illusion or to cover up).
          If it was bright in there, the illusion of a rock wall would be ruined (plus I doubt in the dark areas they put a lot of work into making it look pretty)
          Quote by Al:
          To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
          -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by Weekly-Visitor View Post
            It's just another cheap way of earning a buck...
            No one's forcing the guests to buy them. People who think the photos are worth the money, and people who don't won't. I get a major kick out of seeing ride photos, and if there were a way to have one taken on every attraction without obtrusive flash, I'd be overjoyed. It earns bucks because people like it.

Comment

personally i dont think a photo would fit, generally the only rides where i think they fit are thrill rides where your screaming your head off. i do think they fit on astro blasters because it lights up with your score, and you dont have to pay for them. if you had to pay for them, i would hate it.

and if they were gonna add a camera, wouldnt the second drop be better? its themed and isnt dark, and its pretty much the same drop aint it? i always thought they were the same height and angle, but im not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by gumpyyy View Post
                personally i dont think a photo would fit, generally the only rides where i think they fit are thrill rides where your screaming your head off. i do think they fit on astro blasters because it lights up with your score, and you dont have to pay for them. if you had to pay for them, i would hate it.

and if they were gonna add a camera, wouldnt the second drop be better? its themed and isnt dark, and its pretty much the same drop aint it? i always thought they were the same height and angle, but im not sure.
                if not mistaken,
                first one is a bigger drop than the second.
                I've even heard (someone correct me) it's about the same height as splash (or close)...I think the difference is Splash is a deeper drop (angle wise)
                Quote by Al:
                To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                -Al Lutz

Comment

according to Wiki

Pirates:
                  • First drop length: 52 ft.

• First drop angle: 21 degrees

• Second drop length: 37 ft.

• Second drop angle: 21 degrees

• Number of show buildings: 2

• Number of levels: 3

• Canal length: 1,838 ft.

Splash:

Length 2600 ft (792.5 m)

Drop Angle 45 Degrees
                  Still looking for drop length

according to hiddenmickeys.org

Splash Mountain http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Images/...andfigures.gif

Fact
                  Figure Type
                  Water propelled log
                  Designer
                  WED
                  Year
                  17 July 1989
                  Length 2,863 feet
                  Drop
                  52 1/2 feet
                  Ride Time 11:43 minutes (varies)
                  Speed 12 mph (avg), 45 mph (max)
                  Logs
                  60 logs, 7 riders per log, 251 logs per hour
                  Last edited by NeverNeverland; 12-13-2009, 03:45 PM. Reason: hotlinked photo removed
                  Quote by Al:
                  -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
                    if not mistaken,
                    first one is a bigger drop than the second.
                    I've even heard (someone correct me) it's about the same height as splash (or close)...I think the difference is Splash is a deeper drop (angle wise)

ive never been able to tell because its dark the whole way down, and knowing what to expect adds to the fear level, but i guess not knowing can too.

Comment

If this were to ever be executed, my picture will most likely have me curled up and hunching over just to avoid getting wet.

Best. Picture. EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
                        If this were to ever be executed, my picture will most likely have me curled up and hunching over just to avoid getting wet.

Best. Picture. EVER.
                        maybe it's just me
                        but seems like more wet happens lately
                        Quote by Al:
                        -Al Lutz

Comment

maybe it's just me
                          but seems like more wet happens lately
                          It's not just you. Depending on how much weight is actually in the boat, and where you're sitting, you can actually get pretty wet.

... And it doesn't help that your friend lunges forward right before you reach the bottom of the drops and you're sitting in the front row on the left side.

Comment

according to Wiki

Pirates:
                            • First drop length: 52 ft.

• First drop angle: 21 degrees

• Second drop length: 37 ft.

• Second drop angle: 21 degrees

• Number of show buildings: 2

• Number of levels: 3

• Canal length: 1,838 ft.

Splash:

Length 2600 ft (792.5 m)

Drop Angle 45 Degrees
                            Still looking for drop length

according to hiddenmickeys.org

Splash Mountain http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Images/...andfigures.gif

Fact
                            Figure Type
                            Water propelled log
                            Designer
                            WED
                            Year
                            17 July 1989
                            Length 2,863 feet
                            Drop
                            52 1/2 feet
                            Ride Time 11:43 minutes (varies)
                            Speed 12 mph (avg), 45 mph (max)
                            Logs
                            60 logs, 7 riders per log, 251 logs per hour
                            this is why a picture would not work on pirates. pictures are only for thrill rides and i think a picture will give idiots an excuse to make "funny" faces, instead of actual reactions.
                            Last edited by NeverNeverland; 12-13-2009, 03:45 PM. Reason: hotlinked photo removed

Comment

Originally posted by d1mex View Post
                              this is why a picture would not work on pirates. pictures are only for thrill rides and i think a picture will give idiots an excuse to make "funny" faces, instead of actual reactions.
                              where would they put it? at the end ? so you could see people anoid faces from being stuck there between fueding pirates? on a side note just because you can dosent always mean you should
                              "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

In regards to a flash. I read an article in a photography magazine a few months ago about a flash that shoots out light that the eye can't see, maybe infrared or ultra violet, not quite sure, but the human eye would not see it and would make good for candid shot that required a non-intrusive light source.

Comment

off topic (sorry)
                                  but your pic reminds me of the guy/kid who plays Charlie in Santa Clause 1,2 and 3 (more like 3 since he's older now)

Sorry
                                  back on topic

thrill or not, ppl will do something to ruin pictures for others (make them not viewable/sellable)
                                  Quote by Al:
                                  -Al Lutz

Comment

I'd be against installing it. Not only would it seem tacky that a photo op was setup inside a classic ride like Pirates, but could you imagine the congestion it'd cause outside the ride? There's a few options that they could do, if they end up adding it.
                                    1 - add a small building where the characatures are across the way
                                    2 - take out Pieces of 8 shop, add it there
                                    3 - add it to the Court of Angels

Comment

Huh...guess that makes me an idiot, since I do enjoy posing for the cameras along with my friends and/or family. That's kinda harsh. Oh well. I've been called worse.

As far as infrared lighting goes, tech4all, that does indeed allow you to see in the dark - some night vision technology is based on that. But the images don't have color. They look like...well, night vision images. Also, I believe a lot of attraction security cameras use infrared, so it could potentially be problematic to have bursts of infrared light in there. Not really sure about that, though.

Comment

DLP's Pirates has a photo point in it. It's when you go down the second drop after the burning town and the explosion, the imagineers used the explosion to disguise the flash. It's the only photo I've ever bought at DLP, it's always my favourite one

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X